Carragher's beginning to annoy me

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:32 pm

Good Bob wrote:
0asis wrote:
Good Bob wrote:So if i was to say Rooney was better than Bent that wouldn't be a valid arguement because they employ different roles?

If i was to say Gerrard's better than Ade Akinbiyi that wouldn't be valid because they play in different positions?

I'm sorry. But that doesn't wash.

Depends what you are comparing them on doesn't it? If you compare Bent to Rooney on goals to games ratio then Bent will win hands down, you compare techincal abilities then you can say Rooney edges it.

And I thought you knew how to talk football?  :talktothehand

Right so Rooney edges it on technical ability?

I'd say Rooney pisses it in nearly every area personally.

Rooney's ability to turn whenever he recieves the ball, his ability to pick out the correct pass. His unselfishness and his ability to shoot from a distance. Their pace is similar, but Rooney is far stronger and far more skillfull. His ability to recieve the ball under pressure aswell as his ability to spot a pass is also far superior.

Rooney also plays in a completely different system with far better and more intelligent players around him and therefore creates chances for others instead of being the focal point of a very average team.

Rooney's movement off the defence and his ability to stand still and find space infront of the defence and behind the midfield is second to none. His directness and determination also make him a completely different class of player.

Bents better the air.

That about it.

If you want to talk football i will all night. But i ain't gonna sit there an listen to you can't compare players because they are different. Its complete and utter rubbish.

ok lets compare David James to Pele.

:talktothehand
48-1119859832

Postby madred » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:33 pm

0asis wrote:
Good Bob wrote:
0asis wrote:
Good Bob wrote:So if i was to say Rooney was better than Bent that wouldn't be a valid arguement because they employ different roles?

If i was to say Gerrard's better than Ade Akinbiyi that wouldn't be valid because they play in different positions?

Depends what you are comparing them on doesn't it? If you compare Bent to Rooney on goals to games ratio then Bent will win hands down, you compare techincal abilities then you can say Rooney edges it.

Rooney's ability to turn whenever he recieves the ball, his ability to pick out the correct pass. His unselfishness and his ability to shoot from a distance. Their pace is similar, but Rooney is far stronger and far more skillfull. His ability to recieve the ball under pressure aswell as his ability to spot a pass is also far superior.

Rooney also plays in a completely different system with far better and more intelligent players around him and therefore creates chances for others instead of being the focal point of a very average team.

Rooney's movement off the defence and his ability to stand still and find space infront of the defence and behind the midfield is second to none. His directness and determination also make him a completely different class of player.

Bents better the air.

That about it.

If you want to talk football i will all night. But i ain't gonna sit there an listen to you can't compare players because they are different. Its complete and utter rubbish.

No contest mate. Pele was a far better goalkeeper.  :D
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:35 pm

0asis wrote:
Good Bob wrote:
0asis wrote:

Bents better the air.

That about it.

Exactly.

David James is better than Pele. :laugh:
Good Bob

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:35 pm

Agreed stu Rooney is an all round better player, he had it at 16 for gods sake and add to that his apreciation of other players and positioning which has made him even better. Bent can get better if he goes to a better team ,but he will never compare to Rooney. Ffs i sound like a manc.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:37 pm

Igor, the point is mate, he's saying you can't compare players though. And its :censored:. You can.

Savage or Ronaldinho? :D
Good Bob

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:40 pm

That's a tough one ,Mmmmm let me think.

Obviously you can compare players , Rafa will be doing it alot this summer.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:02 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:That's a tough one ,Mmmmm let me think.

Yeah he'll compare which right winger is the best option, hes not going to compare a left back to a right winger is he? He's not going to compare an anchorman to a striker is he?  :D
48-1119859832

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:09 pm

0asis wrote:
Good Bob wrote:
columbia wrote:World class to me means one of the best players in the world in their position. Its a term that to me in branded around far, far to easily. For example michael owen. Michael  owen while being a very good player isnt world class. Thiery Henry is a world class striker, michael owen isnt at his level so therefore cant be put in the same bracket of ability.

Michael Owen at his best was a world class player and was easily at Henry's level. However he's now only 80% of the player he was.

He's still what i would call a world class goalscorer though.

I doubt you can compare their all round ability, they are quite frankly two different players. First of all Owen has the ability to make something out of nothing, as does Henry. They both have that killer instinct in front of goal and they both have pace and acceleration behind em.

That's as far as it goes in terms of being on the same level. Owen seems more of a big time final player, as well as having this ability of being fairly or very quiet for large proportions of the game and then coming up with goals, Henry doesn't.

Henry is a hard working striker, who works hard none stop all match and likes to be involved in everything Arsenal do. He is also able to score well into twenty League goals a season, Owen is not.

Owen's a great player, there's no doubt about that, but Henry is just that level or two higher.

You said you can't compare henry to owen , when you paitantly can. Who said about pele and james or right backs and left wingers. Players can be compared on alike for like basis.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:52 am

0asis wrote:And as for other ppl who don't support LFC saying Ferdinand, Campbell and Terry are all better are ignoring the facts, statistics don't lie, Carragher has been the best English defender for two seasons running.

Damn straight.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:11 am

bigmick wrote:I never rated him at all whichever full-back berth he occupied. His improvement since he moved to centre-half has been nothing short of staggering.

Carra has made a few runs forward from CB this season and had a few shots from oustside the box.

I am of the belief that when Carra played full back for us under GH he was not advised to go forward like he did do for Crouchy's goal.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:59 am

0asis wrote:

Rooney edges it on techncial ability? Edges it?

Bent's not in his league.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:06 am

0asis wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:That's a tough one ,Mmmmm let me think.

Yeah he'll compare which right winger is the best option, hes not going to compare a left back to a right winger is he? He's not going to compare an anchorman to a striker is he?  :D

You can compare them in terms of their overall ability in that position, and whether their attributes will bring more to the team in their position than another player in another position.

For example, Adriano is one of the best strikers in the world and will bring more to a team than let’s say Matthew Upson, who’s only a decent player in his position, whereas Adriano is world class in his.

It’s like saying you can’t compare the local Sunday league centre-half to Henry because they play different positions.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:56 am

JBG i think you are out of order.
Regardless of what you think of houllier, hindsight is a great thing to have. When we were winning these "mickey mouse" trophies i (and you) were delighted and thought the glory days were coming back. He made the mistakes at the end but that man was idolised at liverpool initially.

Now for your post on carragher. He and stevie aren't settling for mediocrity in saying how important those medals were, but, if your honest with yourself you'll see that theyn give carra, stevie and the rest the mentality to win things.

Put it this way without those medals winning the european cup would have been even harder at 3-0 down because they would have been gutted and also would have had no experience that you can come back in major finals. Remember Alaves, done and dusted for me at 30mins.
Medals, regardless of status are what ultimately players will look back on at the end of their careers.

JBG im sorry but i feel i have to disagree with your comments on this one. Peace!
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:25 am

BOODIDDY wrote:JBG i think you are out of order.
Regardless of what you think of houllier, hindsight is a great thing to have. When we were winning these "mickey mouse" trophies i (and you) were delighted and thought the glory days were coming back. He made the mistakes at the end but that man was idolised at liverpool initially.

Now for your post on carragher. He and stevie aren't settling for mediocrity in saying how important those medals were, but, if your honest with yourself you'll see that theyn give carra, stevie and the rest the mentality to win things.

Put it this way without those medals winning the european cup would have been even harder at 3-0 down because they would have been gutted and also would have had no experience that you can come back in major finals. Remember Alaves, done and dusted for me at 30mins.
Medals, regardless of status are what ultimately players will look back on at the end of their careers.

JBG im sorry but i feel i have to disagree with your comments on this one. Peace!

I agree, players should aim for a complete medal set, all Carragher and Gerrard need is the league title to complete the set and someone sed Man U don't like winning "mickey mouse trophies" well its funny that because the won the Carling Cup and made a big thing out of it. Every team says UEFA Cup, Super-Cup n Carling cup isn't important it's amazing how ppl's minds change once their team is in the final, then it becomes important.

double standards hey?  :angry:
48-1119859832

Postby Fission » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:22 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:JBG i think you are out of order.

:sleep  Check the date of this thread
Fission

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion