Carragher's beginning to annoy me

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:16 pm

Good Bob wrote: :laugh:

Carry on, you're looking more stupid with every post... :D

Really?  I would have thought the idea of a banned racist coming back here would have been a pretty stupid idea, but hey this is you we're talking about... :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:44 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Good Bob wrote::laugh:

Carry on, you're looking more stupid with every post... :D

Really?  I would have thought the idea of a banned racist coming back here would have been a pretty stupid idea, but hey this is you we're talking about... :laugh:

:laugh:

Typical idiot that doesn't know the facts...

Same way you didn't about Fowler, you took Worthington's opinion... and was made to look like an idiot...

Btw, what on earth makes you think i'm Bad Bob? :D

:laugh:
Good Bob

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:03 pm

you keep talking about these facts, why not tell us them Stu_the_racist?  Explain to us exactly how you can justify saying

"all paki's and niggers arn't welcome at Anfield"

it must be a great explanation...so great you can't tell us.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:09 pm

Good Bob wrote:
0asis wrote:
Good Bob wrote:
columbia wrote:World class to me means one of the best players in the world in their position. Its a term that to me in branded around far, far to easily. For example michael owen. Michael  owen while being a very good player isnt world class. Thiery Henry is a world class striker, michael owen isnt at his level so therefore cant be put in the same bracket of ability.

Michael Owen at his best was a world class player and was easily at Henry's level. However he's now only 80% of the player he was.

He's still what i would call a world class goalscorer though.

I doubt you can compare their all round ability, they are quite frankly two different players. First of all Owen has the ability to make something out of nothing, as does Henry. They both have that killer instinct in front of goal and they both have pace and acceleration behind em.

That's as far as it goes in terms of being on the same level. Owen seems more of a big time final player, as well as having this ability of being fairly or very quiet for large proportions of the game and then coming up with goals, Henry doesn't.

Henry is a hard working striker, who works hard none stop all match and likes to be involved in everything Arsenal do. He is also able to score well into twenty League goals a season, Owen is not.

Owen's a great player, there's no doubt about that, but Henry is just that level or two higher.

Firstly, we are both clearly on about Owen at his best. Owen at his best set goals up aswell as scored them and single handedly ripped teams to shreds. He didn't win european player of the year for nothing.

Secondly, don't sit there and say you can't compare players because they are different. Thats quite simply :censored:. Its like saying you can't compare Heskey and Henry because they are different. You can and i did. Get over it.

Finally, you talk shite.

You can't compare two strikers that are different and have different roles within the respective teams. It's like comparing Owen to Crouch. Owen to Cisse and so forth. You can compare their goal to game ratios and nothing else.

So I believe it's you who talks s.*i*e.
48-1119859832

Postby Good Bob » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:16 pm

So if i was to say Rooney was better than Bent that wouldn't be a valid arguement because they employ different roles?

If i was to say Gerrard's better than Ade Akinbiyi that wouldn't be valid because they play in different positions?

I'm sorry. But that doesn't wash.
Good Bob

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:18 pm

Good Bob wrote:So if i was to say Rooney was better than Bent that wouldn't be a valid arguement because they employ different roles?

If i was to say Gerrard's better than Ade Akinbiyi that wouldn't be valid because they play in different positions?

of course it don't stu, they're black players and no way do they compare to the superior white ones, do they?  :)
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:19 pm

:sleep
Good Bob

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:20 pm

7_Kewell wrote:But, as to why you post here with 2 id's (good bob and bad bob) is a mystery....

Hey, don't drag me into this shit!  :angry:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Good Bob » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:22 pm

Hello there fella... :D
Good Bob

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:22 pm

Good Bob wrote:So if i was to say Rooney was better than Bent that wouldn't be a valid arguement because they employ different roles?

Depends what you are comparing them on doesn't it? If you compare Bent to Rooney on goals to games ratio then Bent will win hands down, you compare techincal abilities then you can say Rooney edges it.

And I thought you knew how to talk football?  :talktothehand
48-1119859832

Postby columbia » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:26 pm

0asis wrote:

Depends what you are comparing them on doesn't it? If you compare Bent to Rooney on goals to games ratio then Bent will win hands down, you compare techincal abilities then you can say Rooney edges it.

If you were given a choice of who you'd want in your side, rooney or bent, you'd pick rooney because he's better.

Its a comparison that can be made.
columbia

Postby Good Bob » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:27 pm

0asis wrote:

Right so Rooney edges it on technical ability?

I'd say Rooney pisses it in nearly every area personally.

Rooney's ability to turn whenever he recieves the ball, his ability to pick out the correct pass. His unselfishness and his ability to shoot from a distance. Their pace is similar, but Rooney is far stronger and far more skillfull. His ability to recieve the ball under pressure aswell as his ability to spot a pass is also far superior.

Rooney also plays in a completely different system with far better and more intelligent players around him and therefore creates chances for others instead of being the focal point of a very average team.

Rooney's movement off the defence and his ability to stand still and find space infront of the defence and behind the midfield is second to none. His directness and determination also make him a completely different class of player.

Bents better the air.

That about it.

If you want to talk football i will all night. But i ain't gonna sit there an listen to you can't compare players because they are different. Its complete and utter rubbish.
Good Bob

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:28 pm

I wouldn't say Rooney Edges it over bent on ability i'd say they were on a different level altogether, Rooney's technical ability is miles better than Bent's at the moment and i suspect it always will be.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:28 pm

columbia wrote:
0asis wrote:

If you were given a choice of who you'd want in your side, rooney or bent, you'd pick rooney because he's better.

Its a comparison that can be made.

Thank you. :D
Good Bob

Postby Good Bob » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:29 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:I wouldn't say Rooney Edges it over bent on ability i'd say they were on a different level altogether, Rooney's technical ability is miles better than Bent's at the moment and i suspect it always will be.

Rooney's also physically stronger, mentally tougher and tactically cleverer. :D
Good Bob

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion