John arne riise - This is a wind up right?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:10 pm

riise selling his medal? why would he need to? who knows. anyway apologies if this is elsewhere.
mind you its from koptalk so i wouldnt wet meself. :D

the player seems to be at the centre of one or two controversies at the mo. and will not need any more fuel thrown on him by viscious media hacks...but all the same it doesnt seem entirely fiction  ???  you tell me.

=============================================

Newspaper reports today suggest that John Arne Riise has disgraced himself by selling his Champions League winners medal on eBay.

A 2005 Champions League winners medal was sold last week for £1500 to a bidder from Hong Kong and it is claimed that prompted Liverpool FC to launch an internal investigation to determine if the listing was genuine.

This afternoon the club responded to the reports by saying that they were false and that it would be "ludicrous" for Riise to consider selling his winners medal.

Club press officer Ian Cotton said: "There is absolutely no truth whatsoever in this story. Like his team-mates, John is very proud of the part he played in the club's Champions League success and it is ludicrous to even suggest he would sell his winners medal."

However, today's newspaper reports also show stills from a video of Riise in the company of another man in his car who talks about selling the medal. In the footage - which can be viewed in the KopTalk Gold Club @ www.koptalkinsider.com - the man is clearly seen kissing what appears to be a Champions League winners medal.

The video footage taken from inside a car that is mobile, is very clear and the actual conversation is fully audible. The mystery man is seen wearing the medal and begins kissing it.

He says: "Not many people can say they have done this but I can count myself as lucky enough to say I have a Champions League winners' medal from Istanbul that this guy won. And here he is."

The camera then points to Riise who sticks two fingers up.

"Oh my God, that feels good," says the man with Riise replying: "It's not your girlfriend!"

"It f***ing is now and if you like it, check out eBay because that's where it's going," adds the man.

Riise smirks and continues to grin while driving the car.

He then sings: "Champions League you're having a laugh!"

It is claimed that UEFA have confirmed that the medal sold on eBay was genuine and that it is one of the 25 given to the Liverpool squad for winning the tournament earlier this year. There is though no official statement from UEFA stating this.

Media sources on Merseyside are suggesting that the recently discovered video footage will "nail" Riise and that despite denials issued by the club, the player will be hauled in to explain who the man is on the video. The club have requested a copy of the video footage.

KopTalk would like to make it clear that we have no idea if Riise has sold his medal. Why would a professional footballer cash in when he's already minted? Besides, surely such a medal would be treasured for life. Riise has some explaining to do it would seem because truth be told, if he or any other Liverpool player is involved, we'd be heartbroken.

We have obtained a replica Champions League medal and will publish photos on the site within a few days so you can see if you think it would pass as a real one. After all, the medal in the video could be a replica but it still doesn't explain why Riise would be involved with someone trying to pass a replica off as a genuine medal. It has to be said though that the medal looks genuine. What a bizarre incident.
==============================================

J.A.R is red to the core aint he?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:12 pm

the clubs response........

REDS RUBBISH RIISE MEDAL SALE CLAIMS
Mark Platt 12 December 2005 

Liverpool Football Club has today strenuously denied claims that John Arne Riise cashed in on the club's Champions League triumph by selling his medal on eBay. 
In response to unsubstantiated reports in certain sections of the press this morning, the club would like to let it be known that these allegations are total rubbish.

"There is absolutely no truth whatsoever in this story," says club spokesman Ian Cotton. "Like his team-mates, John is very proud of the part he played in the club's Champions League success and it is ludicrous to even suggest he would sell his winners medal."

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:15 pm

Why would he sell that medal if he can win that money in a week?

I'd find it ok, if he "sold" his medal to one of this "help the children with cancer" TV programs, many great players has done so and saved lots of lifes with that money, and in that case it's nice, because only the health of children is more important than that award, but I just can't see how he'd sell medal for THAT price.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:20 pm

i cant see it either sabre....

but hey, stranger things happen. (btw what is happening to betis??) any whisper of joaquin??  :D  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Gareth G » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:02 pm

Yep it's bullsh*t, do you honestly think John has enough money worries to sell his pride?
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:03 pm

That story is a load of horsesh.it.I dont believe one single word of it.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:11 pm

it is a load of bulls***
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:24 pm

The videos not bullsh!t, ive seen it, everything is true about the convosation with him and risse, do doubt whether he sold it on Ebay but letting a fella record that on his mobile with the medal round his neck and kissing it was a bit fu*king daft.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:10 pm

Garymac wrote:The videos not bullsh!t, ive seen it, everything is true about the convosation with him and risse, do doubt whether he sold it on Ebay but letting a fella record that on his mobile with the medal round his neck and kissing it was a bit fu*king daft.

Garymac are you serious?

This is one of the most obscure stories I've ever read?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:19 pm

Checked ebay.

Item no. 8731695585

Viewed over 8000 times.

Sold for £1500 on 7/12 to jovi3650 by misugi_2006.

misugi's location = Hong Kong. Sounds like balls to me.
Last edited by fivecups on Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:41 pm

fivecups wrote:
Garymac wrote:The videos not bullsh!t, ive seen it, everything is true about the convosation with him and risse, do doubt whether he sold it on Ebay but letting a fella record that on his mobile with the medal round his neck and kissing it was a bit fu*king daft.

Garymac are you serious?

This is one of the most obscure stories I've ever read?

Im sure im not the only one who has seen it, the story is a 100% legit about the video, dont know anything about the medal actually going on Ebay, i seen it ages ago though, im just surprised its took this long to get mentioned.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:58 pm

1 word to describe the origional article

boll.ocks

nuff said
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gary106 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:27 pm

ive seen the video, and john puts a finger up to the fella and laughs about it. its bull theres no way he'd sell it or if he did why didnt he ring me first!!?!? to be honest even the fella in the vid wouldnt of sold it with his restion to touching it
gary106

Postby Jari's mullet » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:07 am

its b0ll0cks
Jari's mullet

Postby neil » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:38 am

fivecups wrote:This is one of the most obscure stories I've ever read?

whats that supposed to mean exactly?  ??? are you foreign and have difficulty with the language?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion