Steve finnan - Up for sale

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby whylongball? » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:07 pm

finnan looks decent at RB, below average as RW. He cant take on players
whylongball?

Postby banana » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:16 pm

When Houllier bought Steve Finnan I just thought Steve Who? Never impressed me at all. He will never be a world class player. Just let him go. Maybe we can get 300k from blackburn or soton for him? Another 3 million wasted by the Fool.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Sean » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:40 pm

If you hadn't heard of Finnan before his move to Liverpool, your knowledge of football obviously doesn't extend to far.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby RedorDead » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:01 pm

I think Finnan is a decent player, he was a wise signing by Houllier - injuries and such blighted last season but he came with a good reputation and had a lot of promise. There is no reason to suggest that he won't become a very successful RB for us. I dunno how good Josemi is at Centre back but if he is decent there then I am not concerned about Finnan at Right back - be a good battle with Carra for that position all season...I say keep him.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wiped » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:44 am

I think Finnan has a lot more to offer than he has already shown us ... and as already pointed out , was blighted by injury. I wou;ldn't get rid just yet ...........

Kewell on the other hand has been a more dramatic flop .... now there's a lad with a lot to prove this coming season.
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:47 am

Finnan is another squad player for back up at most. He has not made any position his! Even when he was at Fullham, he was never an impressive player. Houllier must had discovered something that wasn't there. Benitez brought in Josemi for cover in RB and CB. Finnan will still have to compete with Cara whom shows more fire and promise.

If Le Tallec were to go on loan, why not Finnan.... I wonder? ???
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wiped » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:52 am

Finnan's last 2 performances for Ireland have been excellent and a sign of what he has to offer - which surprised me cos I thought his confidence had gone. Brian Kerr is a much , much better "man manager" than Houlier could ever dream of being - and that's what will get the best out of any player.

To be honest , I'm struggling to name 3 players in our Squad that showed their full potential under Houlier in the last 2 seasons (Gerrard being the exception ............. at times) ........ It wasn't just Finnan lads.
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:58 am

Blackburn had expressed his interest in getting Finnan for a one year loan. If Rafa let him go to Blackburn this year then he is obviously not in Rafa's plan. It seems we are having less and less player without any addition. I'm sure Rafa has something up his sleeves and may announce some signings after the N.America tour.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:19 am

Banana with another good judgement there! :laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:17 am

fritzylfc wrote:read to day finnan is up for grabs , if so do you think we would get our money back, or is it another blunder by our xboss, personaly i think otsembor did  everything asked of him last season, we let stephen wright go cheap. woz finnan worth 7 million, i don, t think so

Cant believe that for a second fella!

Where exactly did you read it??

I'd doubt Raffa would put Finnan 'up for sale' as you put it,why would he??
The boss has said he wants cover for all areas,in Kromkamp we have just got this for Finnans position but the dane has hardly kicked a ball and has a hell of a lot to prove!

There's no way Raffa would get rid of one of our most consistent and professional players! :no

And yeah Stu's right he cost £3 million,money well spent!!
66-1120597113

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:19 am

BarryBelfast wrote:
fritzylfc wrote:read to day finnan is up for grabs , if so do you think we would get our money back, or is it another blunder by our xboss, personaly i think otsembor did  everything asked of him last season, we let stephen wright go cheap. woz finnan worth 7 million, i don, t think so

The boss has said he wants cover for all areas,in Kromkamp we have just got this for Finnans position but the dane has hardly kicked a ball and has a hell of a lot to prove!

There's no way Raffa would get rid of one of our most consistent and professional players! :no

barry look at the date mate
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:21 am

peewee wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:

barry look at the date mate

Ooops!! Sorry mate im rusty   :laugh:  :laugh:
66-1120597113

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:23 am

Welcome back barry lad :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:14 am

hey barry your back ! glad to see :)

by the way i think stu dragged this thread from the depths, just to prove a point. Look at the dates of the original posts - Aug 1 , 2004.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion