Steve finnan? - What do you think so far?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:05 pm

I must admit that I am extremely disapointed with Steve Finnan's performances so far.

His passing has been poor, he is a lot slower than I orginaly thought and his crossing, which is supposed to be one of his strong points has been terrible, and on top of that his positional play defensively has been poor at best.

Maybe he is just low on confidence or maybe Steve Finnan is out of his depth playing first team for a club like Liverpool.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sparky » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:07 pm

Might be a bit early to tell but at the moment he looks suspect defencely and poor distribution is not helping his cause at the moment, I say swich carra to right back and play riise at left back, which will give us an extra dimension going forward!!!!
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:08 pm

We should have signed Stephen Carr from Tottenham in the first place.
jonnymac1979

Postby Sparky » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:11 pm

or trabelsi from ajax, pacey strong and a decent passer of the ball!!!! bican is not the answer to the right sided defencive probs either!!!
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:14 pm

I have never been convinced with Finnan, even when he was voted the Premiership's best right back with Fulham.

He looks an honest player, but he's no better than Jamie Carragher, and I would have gone for Steve Carr who for my money is one of the best right backs in the Premiership, probably the best on his day.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Coley » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:33 pm

Gary Neville's a great right back?

Just kidding.  :D
Coley

Postby bpm1976 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:59 pm

Think he gives 100 percent but effort is not a substitute for class , which I think he lacks.  He is steady, but no world-beater.  I think he could be a useful squad player but as mentioned Carr would of been a real quality signing for us!
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

bpm1976

Postby Scottbot » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:19 pm

I think Finnan is a quality player going through a tough time. He started well but got injured and has struggled since he has come back. Technically, he is a better player than Carra. It doesn't help when the manager is publicly supportive of the player prior to last nights game and then pulls him off with 2 minutes to go and the scores one all. Why do that? I don't get it.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:22 pm

Nobody plays well when they come to Anfield do they??
maybe the ground is cursed , we better get scooby doo and his mates in to solve the mystery :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Scottbot » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:28 pm

Cheesey do you actually like or know anything about football? I have never seen a comment from you that actually mentions anything about the game.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:39 pm

Does he know anything about "anything"?.....best to ignor the "mancs". crass coments, he obviously lacks any form of intelegence to converse with us his brain does not function properly, pity him, and sympathise with the half wit!!...it will soon be bed time for him.  :laugh:  :laugh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:27 pm

Steve Finnan has long term injuries problem so I feel it's best for him to give him a more time but I feel he need to charge his battery to get fresh up and I would like to see GH to recalled Riise back to the first team as left back player so Carra will be switch to the right back.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:29 pm

Scottbot wrote:Cheesey do you actually like or know anything about football? I have never seen a comment from you that actually mentions anything about the game.

NICE!!!  :D
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby big al » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:43 pm

I told STu that Finnan was'nt playing well weeks ago, Glad to seee some people now agree! One thing though he's f**King miles better than Biscan.  Don't Understand why Houllier took him off for Biscan when we'd four attacking players on the bench! Oops sorry I do understand It was GH after all:D
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby columbia » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:23 pm

finnan has potential, i think been a little incocistent so far though
columbia

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion