Steve finnan? - What do you think so far?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:28 pm

Finnan is no good squad player at most other prem clubs. Carra to rb and riise to lb. Have to agree that Carr is far better and so is that tw#t neville, but we are in the dark ages at this club get rid of le frog.
Bernard Mendy was better than Finnan last year at bolton and Danny Mills would bring that passion and commitment that sadly most of our players lack.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:23 pm

Yes Finnan has struggled recently and even Houllier has noticed as he has subbed him in the last 2 games. His game seems to be lacking confidence and aggression , his crossing isn't accurate enough and his positional play is not good enough at the moment.
Perhaps he should be rested as Houllier has a couple of options ( although some are not very practical in my view ).. he could do a straight swap with Biscan of get Carragher to swap flanks and bring in Traore ! Both these options would weaken the side even futher. Best to bring in Riise and give him a chance to recapture the fire of his 1st season. Finnan has time on his side.
THEBARON

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:56 pm

kopper wrote:
Scottbot wrote:Cheesey do you actually like or know anything about football? I have never seen a comment from you that actually mentions anything about the game.

NICE!!!  :D

I asked that very same question months ago.

Finnan has been at the heart of two of the last three goals we've conceded in Europe - his control error in the box to concede vs Levski and his "failure" to make a good challenge on Drogba. It is hard to look beyond defensive errors when they cost us goals
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:54 am

Hes a good player.

He's got LOADS of untapped potential though. Its there for all to see. You can see there is another level to his game. Its only a matter of time and a settling in period then i'm sure we'll see the real Steve Finnan... before his second injury he was starting to look settled....

It won't be long before we see this again.
115-1073096938

Postby whylongball? » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:26 am

think he's good defender with best ball control technique in liv's defence. he didnt have his days lately though. Also, his size doesnt help when its come to strong strikers.
  Maybe he can work out more in gym :)
whylongball?

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:35 am

Or grow a bit more? he is to small for a defender?. :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:41 pm

I would prefer to see Carra stay on the left. Have you noticed he gets forward more on the left + his passes are more positive when he is turning infield onto his right foot. I would persevere with Finnan at RB but i don't think GH is helping his confidence by subbing him so late in games.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:11 pm

Scottbot i agree about JC.

I think Carragher has a better alround game at left back. He's still superb defensively whatever side he plays though.
115-1073096938

Postby Yezi_Hmj » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:18 am

:O I think Finnan is not better than Riise.I do not know why he can get the first place in our team.
Yezi_Hmj

Postby Owzat » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:23 am

Riise has been a liability defensively and his strengths have not been shown recently. I would keep Riise as a squad player as he can play anywhere on the left
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion