Australia v uruguay - Funny stuff

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:56 am

I didnt mean to offend , but Im just telling it how it is from my view.

To Australians there is a MASSIVE rivalry when playing England at any sport , they go on about it on and on. The English have enough rivals of there own to worry about you lot.
France,Scotland,Argentina and Germany.Im not saying there isnt any kind of rivalry because there is but just not to the extent you guys have.

eg - We played you guys at rugby a couple of weeks back, and I went round to these guys house all Aussies to watch the game. Now they werent overly confident for once because of the woeful wallaby tag. But Australians and them guys especially always go on about how passionate they are , always.
To cut a long story short half time came 3 of the 4 saw you were losing and f.cked off to bed.
I was left watching the game with......... yes you guessed it the fcuking chelsea supporter :D
66-1112520797

Postby babu » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:37 am

LOL bamaga man,

Of course no offence was taken mate, just banter.

I will have my revenge though -
Predictions:
England Tour of India (cricket) - India systematically tear Englan apart
World Cup Rugby - England fail to make it out of the group stage after losing badly to kenya
World Cup - Aussie knock out England in the semi's

....... one can dream surely?  :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:05 am

Thats alright mate, you didnt offend, i wouldnt expect anything else from a whinging Pom :D

Actually as someone who born to English immigrants and who played football in 70s and 80s i actually find it bloody hilarious when you guys get so worked up about it being called Soccer.
Back in those days that was least offensive term for it to be called in Oz
Johnny Warren was right on the money with his title of book. The game has come great strides since those days and im actually support the socceroos more fervently  then most of my national sporting teams because they have always been the underdogs.
Your quite right about alot of people jumping on bandwagon though, but thats price of winning. You only have to look at this forum after 25th May or i expect around the cricket clubs of England to see that Aussies arent Robinson Crusoe in that regard
I just be happy to see us hold our own in group stage  Germany next year , anything else will be a a massive bonus
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:51 am

laza wrote:Thats alright mate, you didnt offend, i wouldnt expect anything else from a whinging Pom :D

ancesteral criminal  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion