Australia v uruguay - Funny stuff

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby babu » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:57 am

hate to admit it but the all blacks are looking immense.
we need to sack jones quick smart.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:09 am

yeh Campese was bang on I thought, it's time Australia starting looking at the youngsters more. We've beeen doing it for years, bring a lot of young lads on the European tours to gain experience. 

No doubt we'll lose in the world cup semi-final again though :p
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:14 am

lol just another example of the all blacks peaking at the wrong time. hehe

campese spouts so much crap he bound to get it right once and awhile

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:29 am

babu wrote:lol just another example of the all blacks peaking at the wrong time. hehe

I hope not, going in we always look absolutely brilliant, and have the best team on paper. However we have blown it big time in the last two world cups. 2003 I don't need to tell you what happened, and 1999 was an absolute shock losing to France.

Then their was the whole food poisoning issue before the final against South Africa in 1995, not to mention the ref being paid off for the France vs SAF semi-final.

1987 was the only world cup that went right.   :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:49 am

Bloody Uros, hope we stuff them good and proper.
They started that kick off timing fiasco and shouldnt have been allowed to get their own way

As for you LFC leave Bondidunedin and fornicate back to Land of long white sheep :censored: you :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:04 am

Don't forget the fiasco of FIFA reappointing the referees because the U's went wimpering and wining because they thought we would have an advantage because the Australian coach was a dutchman and the referees were Belgian... ???

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:52 am

Lionheart wrote:Don't forget the fiasco of FIFA reappointing the referees because the U's went wimpering and wining because they thought we would have an advantage because the Australian coach was a dutchman and the referees were Belgian... ???

Yeah thats a bit of classic, surely to be fair though they shouldnt have a Spanish ref for second leg considering language bias  :D

I see Ronaldo has a high opinion of them  :)

Soccer superstar Ronaldo has warned Australia to expect Uruguay to use suspect tactics and provocation in this weekend's World Cup qualifier in Montevideo.

The Real Madrid and Brazil striker has had plenty of experience in playing against Uruguay in South American World Cup qualifiers and the Copa America, and rates Uruguay and neighbours Argentina as the dirtiest teams in the international game.

"The South American players, the Argentines and the Uruguayans in particular use more gamesmanship and always try to provoke their opponents into losing their temper and getting a red card,"

"When the ball is up the other end of the field, they kick you from behind, they insult your mother, they try to provoke you."

Australian players were spat on and jostled at the Montevideo airport at the 2001 World Cup qualifier but the Socceroos expect greater security this time around.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:31 am

I'm glad I won't be out there. I reckon there could be a few sore lads after the Uruguay leg. They'll probably get licked from here to Timbuctu and it will having nothing to do with a football either.

I hear Uruguay have been having acting lessons. How many dives will we see??

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:50 am

They'll play dirty there's no doubt, and the Ref probably won't do much, as he won't want to incite the Montevideo crowd.

Anything to win I guess.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:24 am

I just hope the ref does have some balls and calls decisions they way he sees them.  It's totally wrong to have the outcome of a game - any game - be affected by the potential behaviour of the crowd.
If the crowd cant take it ban the feckers from the tournament I say!   :buttrock
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:24 am

It's not that, Theoracle, the Uruguay fans won't start trouble. iIt's just a very intimidating atmosphere in the Centenario, and it may affect the referee's decision making somewhat.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:28 am

LFC #1 wrote:It's not that, Theoracle, the Uruguay fans won't start trouble. iIt's just a very intimidating atmosphere in the Centenario, and it may affect the referee's decision making somewhat.

i wouldn't be to sure about that LFC. I am predicting a fair bit of trouble if the first leg is a draw or aus win.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:34 am

I'm afraid I'm with Babu on this one LFC.  Remembering last time at the airport and the treatment the Aussies got I can easily imagine one or two 'fans' being there to 'encourage' the officials too.

I hope I'm just old and cynical but these south american's take their football pretty seriously. Remember the Columbian(?) defender who got shot after their exit a few years back?
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:36 am

TheoRacle wrote:I'm afraid I'm with Babu on this one LFC.  Remembering last time at the airport and the treatment the Aussies got I can easily imagine one or two 'fans' being there to 'encourage' the officials too.

I hope I'm just old and cynical but these south american's take their football pretty seriously. Remember the Columbian(?) defender who got shot after their exit a few years back?

Yeh i know, they are very passionate, but the airport incident was staged. It was mostly hired goons who were there, I guess it worked though.

You're probably right Babu, if Australia got a result there could defo be trouble. But Uruguay will win so no need to worry   :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:39 am

TheoRacle wrote:I'm afraid I'm with Babu on this one LFC.  Remembering last time at the airport and the treatment the Aussies got I can easily imagine one or two 'fans' being there to 'encourage' the officials too.

yep Andres Escobar was his name. He wasn't shot by a disgruntled fan, it was beacuse the Colombian druglords had large amounts of money on Colombia to win that game against the US, and unfortuantley when Escobar went back to his home town of Medellin he was shot dead in a restaurant.

Medellin was one of the main cities where these drug syndicates operated, but is a lot better than it used to be.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion