Australia v uruguay - Funny stuff

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby babu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:04 am

the U's knocked Aus cruelly out last time around and they are posed to do the same thing again. However the build up to these 2 games is quite funny.

hialrious stuff up by the U's - they requested that aus play the first leg at montevideo one day earlier to give them more recovery time after flying to sydney for the return leg 4 days later.
aus refused, fair enough so in retaliation they pushed their home game from 5pm kick-off to 9pm so that aus miss their commercial flight back to syney that evening and the next flight is the next day, meaning they lose valuable recovery time in sydney. U's were chartering their own plane and are leaving straight after the game.

so aus were forced to charter their own plane. now the U's charter plane has fallen through and they want to bring the game back to 5pm so they can catch the "former" commercial flgith - aus are saying No. love this little games before the real thing.

C'mmmmon Australia.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:09 pm

:censored: myself laughing at that, talking about shooting yourself in your own foot.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:26 pm

:D The fun and frollics of international football!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:55 pm

come on U are gay, i mean Uruguay :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:58 pm

I would like to se Australia in the finals myself....if only to see if a certain Mr Kewell plays as we all know hes capable of
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:00 pm

drummerphil wrote:I would like to se Australia in the finals myself....if only to see if a certain Mr Kewell plays as we all know hes capable of

But he may not be at Liverpool by that stage!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:16 pm

possible......but imagine if they get there and hes one of the best at the world cup with outstanding reviews,how frustrated will we be then
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:41 pm

I'd like to see Australia in the finals to be honest, they're a decent side and a lot of their players are well known from playing in Britain.  Put it this way, I'd be more interested in watching Australia in the world cup than a pack of diving dirty gypsies like Uruguay.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:00 pm

Ditto john
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:03 am

Vamos Uruguay! :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1106852058 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:27 am

john craig wrote: Put it this way, I'd be more interested in watching Australia in the world cup than a pack of diving dirty gypsies like Uruguay.

Dont let Liverpool Anytime see this there will be Fu.king murder. :D                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Last edited by The Red Baron on Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
84-1106852058

Postby babu » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:35 am

aaah it just gets better. the U's have now rescheduled the montevideo game for 5 pm. however for the return leg in sydney the team will travel in 3 groups. the players either rested or suspended went early (yesterday) and others will leave on saturday night, while the rest will leave on sunday. apparently some players will have to travel cattle class due to bad planning.

just goes to show if you're crap at planning then don't try anything to complicated. doubt this will make any difference to the performance unfortunatly.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:37 am

Think it's a 6pm kick-off local time now babu, according to SBS. Thats 7am in Australia.

Fossati: Australia's not ready
Reuters

Uruguay coach Jorge Fossati has said World Cup qualifying opponents Australia were trying to stir things up before their visit to Montevideo for the first leg of Saturday's (Sunday morning AEDT) play-off.

Australia, beaten by Uruguay in a play-off for the last World Cup, have brought back memories of their previous visit to Montevideo when they said they were insulted and spat at on arrival at the airport.

This time, Australia have decided to stay in neighbouring Argentina before the match and Football Federation Australia (FFA) chief executive John O'Neill has said his players would not hesitate to walk off if there was any crowd trouble.

"It's a case of them trying to stir things up," Fossati told Reuters after a training session on Wednesday.

"I wasn't there four years ago, I don't know what did or didn't happen, but if there was some hostility at that time and it makes them so afraid, then the truth is they're not ready for this type of game."

"There hasn't been a single problem at the Centenario stadium for many, many years," added Fossati, referring to the historic stadium which hosted the 1930 World Cup final and where Uruguay still stage their home games.

"The Centenario is one of the safest stadiums in the world and Uruguayans are one of the most educated and peaceful people in the world."

He added: "When they talk about us, the team, they can say what they want. But if they want to talk about the Uruguayan people, they should be careful because you have to know the history of the Uruguayan people first before you start talking."

Uruguayan police have said that this time, Australia's team bus will wait for them on the tarmac and they will be whisked to their hotel without passing through the airport terminal.

Australia have said they are happy with the arrangements although the two teams have continued to bicker over the date and kick-off time for the first leg.

Australia refused a Uruguayan request to bring the first leg forward to Friday, to allow an extra day ahead of the second leg which will be played in Sydney the following Wednesday, while the kick-off time has changed three times.

Fossati, whose team have made a habit of grinding out goalless draws away from home, said he did not expect a big win in the first leg.

"If we win 1-0 here, that will be a start. We don't need to go to Australia with a five-goal lead."

C'mon Uruguay!!!!!
:p
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:55 am

LFC #1 wrote:C'mon Uruguay!!!!!

lol u ungrateful bloody kiwi, get urself out of that dole office in sydney and go back to your 3 marijuana plants in dunedin.  :D

i hope the all blacks get done.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:42 am

I support two teams, NZ and anyone playing Australia! :D

haha I'm from Auckland, not Dunedin! we are playing some great rugby ay? Smashed the Six nations champions, whiel the Wallabies lost to France :laugh:.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion