Seeds of doubt

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby neil » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:17 am

red37 wrote:no neil please do, its what being a supporter means.. the right to a 'valid' opinion. . saying what you feel about your club is part and parcel, however much someone differs from you.

i want the best for liverpool. ive seen them WHEN they were that. one day i hope they will regain that status. id like us to play solid formations that the players can handle, at the level they are comfortable at...wrong players? use different ones. and whether they come from the reserves or whether they arrive in the transfer window, im not ar5ed.
what iam concerned with is the lack of bottle/fight  throughout the team being mirrored in here. when quite clearly the former of those is bound to improve....the same  cannot be said for the poisonous often inaccurate boring drivel passed off as intellectual debate, in these pages after a 'bad' result.

no things are NOT ok. we are nowhere near the title. the team has weaknesses. the manager is not infallable. that what you want to hear?
yes the system isnt working. reserves need to be looked at.january needs to see quality recruitments.

but no way do i think the situation is critical.

I refer you back to my 23.18pm post on this very thread.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:25 am

once we get the wingers in  gonzales on the left  and sambrosa on the right and a world class c/back only then will we see a different liverpool...the key player for me is sambrosa   the way he leads the benfica midfield he really will be an amazing player for us... ok there is a few of us that are :censored: off at the moment with the start to the season  but what did you expect  when we failed to get the wingers and c/back is was always going to be a hard season but we must now get behind the team... we need to go on a run in the premiership as soon as possible ps  good things sometimes take time  :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:39 am

bigmick wrote:
red37 wrote:what i have said is, when/if that does happen. what license will the 'doom-sayers' have then to be vindicated. they'll still be around. they just wont have the right to a forum. when the only voices they used were those of dissent and disruption. because that is what they want to achieve..and that has to be eradicated. even you mick must see this.

The thing is Red I don't believe what I or anybody else posts on here matters a toss really mate if I'm honest. Rafa is the gaffer and he will do what he sees fit. Much as I'd love him to give us a ring and say "hey Mick, how do you read our current situation?" I'm not exactly holding my breath. This is merely banterious knockabout with Liverpool supporters of various shades of Red.
I'm just putting up my opinion, I don't think anybody should find it particularly offensive. My opinion is that our Premiership form over last season and the beginning of this is woeful and signing a winger in January isn't going to radically alter it. I'm all for the right mentality to coin a phrase, and this is what we are seriously lacking right now in my view. Now if you could but that in January, then you might be talking.

at the end of the day and all things considered..that will stand out as the post within this thread that makes the most sense...whatever our aspirations, what we say wont alter anything at anfield. and i suppose there are enough grounds for concern. but even if you are the lightest shade of red. giving in should never be an option. hoping the solutions work with the right players in the best system and enjoying the fruits of victory when they do succeed is the reward of true support.
not the way of a witch-hunt when times are lean. thats what it'll come to if we all get onboard.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby TheoRacle » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:39 am

Everyone whinging seem to be saying that we're not playing well. Whereas it seems to me that at the moment maybe, we are not playing the absolute best that we can, mour real problem seems to be not taking the chances we create.

"If only" we'd taken a one or two of the many chances we've had this season, each game would have surely turned out different.

Stats below courtesy of ESPN show that in every premiership games this season we have created more chances than the opposition. 

No rose coloured glasses here by the way - stats are stats!

Not saying we were robbed anywhere - but we do have a problem finishing it seems.

So all those who are bagging  the team and the manager give it a rest FFS!

"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:48 am

right ideas. flexible system .not the best personnel, thats all.

but wrong manager? no way. i suggest those who do disregard benitez at least read the book by paco lloret. that told me everything i need to know about the mans ability.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:49 am

Thanks for those stats altogether!
:)
76-1115222408

Postby TheoRacle » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:25 am

No probs... I'm using them as a comforter at the moment. :D
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:59 am

Purely based on those stats you would think that we must be in a great position in the league...

Boys it wont be long :)
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:38 am

I don't know what to say.

I have been a fan since way back when I was a wee 8 years old and we had Keegan-Toshack, back then.

On the surface, this result makes Liverpool a joke but looking at the stats, then it is not that bad. However, having said that, I really don't like the way Liverpool are playing at the moment, as we are set out not to lose rather than trying to win especially away.

What really baffled me is that Benitez is actually one of the brightest and smartest coaches around, not a tactically bumbling and clueless "hoof the ball"-esque football from Houllier. What Benitez has achieved at Valencia and last season with Liverpool points to a very good coach, all the more amazing that the EPL is proving to be such a steep learning curve for him.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:02 am

TheoRacle wrote:Everyone whinging seem to be saying that we're not playing well. Whereas it seems to me that at the moment maybe, we are not playing the absolute best that we can, mour real problem seems to be not taking the chances we create.

"If only" we'd taken a one or two of the many chances we've had this season, each game would have surely turned out different.

Stats below courtesy of ESPN show that in every premiership games this season we have created more chances than the opposition. 

No rose coloured glasses here by the way - stats are stats!

Not saying we were robbed anywhere - but we do have a problem finishing it seems.

So all those who are bagging  the team and the manager give it a rest FFS!

are you GH in disguise, are you GH in disguise?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:41 am

no and no....
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion