Gerrard/alonso/sissoko - Can you leave any of them out?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DrTNT » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:25 pm

I don't think any of them should be left out but I think Sissoko was bought primarily, by RB, for away matches so he could break up play and distribute the ball to Gerrard/Alonso as they are then able to start an attack. So far this season that is exactly what he has done and furthermore he done it the way you would expect a seasoned professional to do it.

Even though I don't think any of them should be left out of the team, I do believe it is in the best interests of the team if a match can be won without one of them then they should be left out. My reason is we have already played 11 matches (only three of them in the EPL) so far and there is going to be a lot more before the end of the season. We should all trust Rafa as he has so far steered us in the right direction, which has brought success to LFC and long may it continue.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:35 pm

3 of them are looking class so it's very tempting not to leave either of them on the bench.i must say Sissoko amaze me the most with his tireless runs & tackling.but don't you think Alonso's passing last night was poor ??
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:51 am

Good post !

With SG/ Alonso and Sissoko, we can match with shitlsea FL/ M / ME .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:56 am

Could not help myself ....  :rasp
LiverpoolMadman

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:44 am

Garymac wrote:Id like to see some videos of Vieira when he was 20 cos i cant believe he was this good, What a future, What a midfield!

at the age of 20, vieira was stuck in ac milan's reseves and was then plucked by wenger for 3.5 million and turned into one of the best midfielders in europe.

to compare him to vieira is still a bit premature in my book. i still think sissoko needs to work on his discipline but from what i've seen so far, we've got one hell of a player on our hands.

and to think that he was going to go to the blu sh#te. shame really. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:50 am

I think that the three of them together can create an awesome midfield . Sissoko is great defensivly and can really pick a tackle out, but his passing seems to always be improving and so do his attacking techniques. For an important game such as the on on the weekend all three should 100% play from the start.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:56 am

We have had so many players over the past decade who have been said to be of great potential and 'the next'...well you name it, but in the vast amount of cases watching these guys I have never been able to see it.  This lad though has been immense right from the off.  Massive energy; a great closer down of players and tackler; superb off the ball movement; useful coming forward and looks to have a good football brain, especially given his age. Could well prove to be the most significant signing in years.

:buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion