Riise should leave!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby marcus.c » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:13 am

After watching the CL game against chelski, I was utterly disappointed that we gave away a goal so late in the game, especially when we have defended so well, keeping chelski out of the game.

And I blame Riise for it! The moment riise came on as a sub, I know defensively, we are going to get run over, especially on the left flank.

Kalou was jogging past him and he was all over the pitch. He seems lost and was not able to read his opponents.

Through out this season, Riise has been poor. All this while, I have never thought of him as a very outstanding player. He losses the ball often, can't run at players. Neither a winger nor a defender.

He is only spectacular when he scores, which he misses most of the time.

Instead of being useful, he is a liability to the team. Yesterday game, I am afraid will be his last CL game playing for liverpool, because I am almost certain RB will sell him. And the sooner the better.

Thanks to him, I believe now chelski will go through to the final!
marcus.c

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:21 am

Get some sleep. :D
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Number 9 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:47 am

marcus.c wrote:After watching the CL game against chelski, I was utterly disappointed that we gave away a goal so late in the game, especially when we have defended so well, keeping chelski out of the game.

And I blame Riise for it! The moment riise came on as a sub, I know defensively, we are going to get run over, especially on the left flank.

Kalou was jogging past him and he was all over the pitch. He seems lost and was not able to read his opponents.

Through out this season, Riise has been poor. All this while, I have never thought of him as a very outstanding player. He losses the ball often, can't run at players. Neither a winger nor a defender.

Instead of being useful, he is a liability to the team. Yesterday game, I am afraid will be his last CL game playing for liverpool, because I am almost certain RB will sell him. And the sooner the better.

The own goal and the unfortunation will have no and should not have any effect on his future!

My personal take?Id have sold him a while back but im not the LFC manager!

LAY OFF and wise up!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:55 am

Riise f*cked up. Yes. It's a fact. It wasn't really an unfortunate mistake as such, more so than a lapse in concentration.

However, to start babbling about how he should leave is a joke. It happened and it was unfortunate. I've done it myself during a game, and it's not a pleasant feeling. If anything Riise needs a bit of consolation, as hard as that might seem at the minute. I know after the game, I wanted to slap him, but I'm also fairly certain he didn't mean what he did.

Catch a grip. You started a topic on one of our players simply to slate him and make him a scapegoat, then add a defeatist comment at the end by declaring we are going to get beaten before the tie is over?! Disgraceful!

Let me tell you this, mate! We ARE NOT out of this yet! We will go there, and we WILL win. Got it?!

I'm now calling for mods to lock this thread. It serves no purpose!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:02 am

Emerald Red wrote:Riise f*cked up. Yes. It's a fact. It wasn't really an unfortunate mistake as such, more so than a lapse in concentration.

However, to start babbling about how he should leave is a joke. It happened and it was unfortunate. I've done it myself during a game, and it's not a pleasant feeling. If anything Riise needs a bit of consolation, as hard as that might seem at the minute. I know after the game, I wanted to slap him, but I'm also fairly certain he didn't mean what he did.

Catch a grip. You started a topic on one of our players simply to slate him and make him a scapegoat, then add a defeatist comment at the end by declaring we are going to get beaten before the tie is over?! Disgraceful!

Let me tell you this, mate! We ARE NOT out of this yet! We will go there, and we WILL win. Got it?!

I'm now calling for mods to lock this thread. It serves no purpose!

:nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:18 am

Most stupid thread ever , it was hard luck and preety much what emerald has said
Thread needs locking
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:15 am

dont lock it, there are  few issues that can be debated, obviously the 'sell him' quote is knee jerk but does riise have his own discussion thread?  if not let this one run so he can be discussed in relation to his performances etc.

saying sell him for this own goal is like saying sell gerrard for his og against chelsea, however saying sell him based on his performances this season deserves discussion either in here or merged with another thread if there is already one.

personally i like riise but he has had a relatively poor season, maybe linked to less selection as he is a confidence player (gerrards words more or less) or maybe he is just getting older, or maybe he is just having  bad patch
112-1077774096

Postby Number 9 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:22 am

peewee wrote:dont lock it, there are  few issues that can be debated, obviously the 'sell him' quote is knee jerk but does riise have his own discussion thread?  if not let this one run so he can be discussed in relation to his performances etc.

saying sell him for this own goal is like saying sell gerrard for his og against chelsea, however saying sell him based on his performances this season deserves discussion either in here or merged with another thread if there is already one.

personally i like riise but he has had a relatively poor season, maybe linked to less selection as he is a confidence player (gerrards words more or less) or maybe he is just getting older, or maybe he is just having  bad patch

There is already a pre discussed Riise thread!
Started by murph!

I think hes :censored: btw! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redangel » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:38 am

Had to reply to some of the criticism of JAR. He made  a mistake last night , are you all so great you never make mistakes! As far as I'm concerned he plays for my club so he gets my full support, end of! He was absolutely gutted at the end and all this over reaction to the OG isn't going to do do his confidence any good , he's not the first to score an own goal and he won't be the last. Get over it!
Sorry about the rant .
Redangel

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:53 am

I can't decide what was worse, the fact that it came with no time left at all and right when I was about to let out a huge sigh of joy and relief or the fact that it could have so easily been avoided. I just stared at the telly for about 10 minutes without thinking or doing anything. soooo gutted, added onto the fact that he has had such a bad season and it looks really bad for him. I was advocating selling him long before this game.  Maybe Insua should be the backup LB from now on.
JoeTerp

Postby lakes10 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:57 am

I say play him in the next game, he will be well up for it and it will give him a chance to put it right so we and him can get over it.

Yes he has had a bad year but i still think he has been and still is a great player.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:01 am

to put him down after the mistake is a big no. But to say he's great is not correct either lakes.
He has been bad and the mistake was real bad. But c'on support the lad!! he's liverpool player
whylongball?

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:15 am

Riise has scored a lot of important goals for this club, Barca away, LC final, Fa cup semi and Charity shield (all against Chelsea) to castigate him for such an error as last night is wrong. Yes he is having a bad time at the moment, played poorly last night and was very poor against Fulham in our last match. He will probably be off in the summer anyway, but on form and playing with confidence he is a good player who deserves more respect than this.
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:19 am

s@int wrote:Riise has scored a lot of important goals for this club, Barca away, LC final, Fa cup semi and Charity shield (all against Chelsea) to castigate him for such an error as last night is wrong. Yes he is having a bad time at the moment, played poorly last night and was very poor against Fulham in our last match. He will probably be off in the summer anyway, but on form and playing with confidence he is a good player who deserves more respect than this.

LFC WAY!
:bowdown in HICKS WAKE!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:20 am

marcus.c wrote:After watching the CL game against chelski, I was utterly disappointed that we gave away a goal so late in the game, especially when we have defended so well, keeping chelski out of the game.

maybe you should leave, fecking disgrace of a fan  :no
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion