Trust the manager - Criticism is boring me

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:52 pm

*R*E*D*S* wrote:he's graham souness in discuise...

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Would hardly call that controversial , 

:no

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:56 pm

*R*E*D*S* wrote:ask a series of questions.... the first being are you going to sign michael owen?

see who gives the best response!

:D lol

Are you gonna sell Cisse ? Answer yes or no

:D

Do you think we need a centre bak and right sided midfileder.. or is tha a good line for a smoke scene ? Answer Yes or No
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:00 pm

many doubts about benitez seem to be coming from two related things. firstly some of his purchases thus far and secondly his seeming lack of ability to bring certain players to the club.

the first issue is difficult to judge on at this time, there are only three real stinkers he's bought - pelle, josemi and nunez (who was more forced on us than sought by us). two of those have gone and the third seems to be getting a second (or is it third?) chance after a long injury lay off. of the newer signings its early days, crouch has done a decent job already in a couple of games and will become a good player for us, zenden is never a bad addition to a squad on a free and morientes has qualites that many miss while they're just waiting for him to score goals.

the second issue is being felt by almost all the clubs in the prem - its just f*cking hard to get players these days. even chelsea have had to fight tooth and nail for weeks and spend over 40 million to get swp and essien. benitez has identified good targets for for financial, contractual or whatever reasons have failed to be bought. can't blame the manager for that.

its frustrating that we haven't yet got the defender and right winger we desperately need and the owen saga seems to be hindering this process even more. the difference in views between parry and benitez over the issue has begun to make benitez look weak in some peoples' eyes, but the last word will always go to the chairman at any club. my main worry here is the development of a a rift between chairman and manager (as happened at valnecia) and an unsettled and unbalanced squad.

if our worst case scenario happens - owen comes at the expense of cisse, a CB and an RM and an overall financial loss - we could be facing a very tricky time. benitez is going to be feeling like and looking like he's failed in his aims to rebuild the club and may start to think seriously about his future.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:09 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
stmichael wrote:I think it's bang out of order what some people have been saying about our manager.

St Mick you don't actually give any examples . Maybe I've missed something in another thread ? Paul C also expressess the wish that people would get off Rafa's back .

Clue me in , what has been said that is so controversial. ?     ???

A lot of people have been questioning Rafa's sigings and I've seen someone call him a muppet and to me thats not acceptable!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:47 pm

Think we all need to get a grip . Questioning Rafa's signings is a subject perhaps worthy of debate .Calling him a muppet on the other hand ,hardly deserves a response, after all it's just another "blurt" from the seemingly increasing numbers of kids and wind up merchants in this forum .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:14 pm

Paul C wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
stmichael wrote:I think it's bang out of order what some people have been saying about our manager.

St Mick you don't actually give any examples . Maybe I've missed something in another thread ? Paul C also expressess the wish that people would get off Rafa's back .

A lot of people have been questioning Rafa's sigings and I've seen someone call him a muppet and to me thats not acceptable!

not just that, some idiot was on here the other day and called rafa a "fat ba$tard".

that's just uncalled for. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:47 pm

stmichael wrote:
Paul C wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

not just that, some idiot was on here the other day and called rafa a "fat ba$tard".

:laugh:
Definitely deserves the start of a new thread .  "Is Rafa fat ? or is his jacket just too small "

Christ sake  ! I feel a poll coming on .   :D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:48 pm

stmichael wrote:
Paul C wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Yeah I saw that too, thats what I'm talking about  :(  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:53 pm

Paul C wrote:not just that, some idiot was on here the other day and called rafa a "fat ba$tard".

Yeah I saw that too, thats what I'm talking about  :(  :angry:[/quote]
:laugh:  shakin' my head in disbelief .

I'm obviously gettin' way to old to appreciate the political implications of name calling in this forum .    :sniffle

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:36 pm

Woof, I was sick to my stomach when I read one of our fans call Benitez a "fat b@stard". You'd think that we're on a Newcastle or a Man Utd board.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:39 pm

wasnt that, that idiot Luis Garcia / hustler bloke that said that
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:43 pm

No it was some other muppet.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:46 pm

A.B. wrote:Woof, I was sick to my stomach when I read one of our fans call Benitez a "fat b@stard". You'd think that we're on a Newcastle or a Man Utd board.

AB ,what makes you think that individual was really a fan ? You've been around long enough to know there a a lot of bitter people flitting in and out of our forum .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:48 pm

AB ,what makes you think that individual was really a fan ? You've been around long enough to know there a a lot of bitter people flitting in and out of our forum .

Perhaps you're right however I'm not sure there's an explanation for a dozen others who call him a ''fool'' and it's not just here. There's a few group of idiots on other forums as well.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:51 pm

I found the lad who called him a fat b3stard :angry:

It's here: http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=13084
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion