Reds star counters criticism - Sky 1/3/06

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:48 am

Liverpool's Jan Kromkamp has reacted to the criticism of Holland coach Marco van Basten.

Van Basten claims he is unhappy with the Dutch full back's 'career choices' believing the player has been unable to maximise his talent.

The former striking great was rumoured to have been particularly unhappy with Kromkamp's decision to leave AZ Alkmaar for Villarreal, the club he left in January to sign for The Reds.

And, although he has yet to announce his arrival at Anfield with an extended run in Rafa Benitez's first team Kromkamp believes he has made the right career move.

"I don’t want to say too much about it," said Kromkamp in AD Sportwereld.

"I just can only say that I have got the feeling, that for myself, I have made a beautiful step. I’m very fit and I feel very happy here."

Kromkamp refused to openly criticise van Basten for his comments and also revealed he is still harbouring World Cup ambitions.

"If the national coach would appeal to me, then I'm ready for it. And if he finds that others are better, then he has to take someone else. Of course I would love to go to the World Cup, but I can only wait and do my best."
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion