A few good men - Parry & moores

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:02 pm

As men, I am grateful that LFC have Parry and Moores at the helm, as you can just here it in their voices that they are good guys. Rafa too has that same tone with all his "options and possibilities" They don't have the edge of the likes of Fergie, Mourhi, Dein, Kenyon etc and I suppose that could be both good and bad news. If you subscribe to the good guys never get anywhere - money talks philosophy then we are in for another frustrating season. On the other hand if like many LFC fans you are in it for "life" the good will always win through in the end. Maybe thats what Stevie realised. Personally I would like both the money and the good guys!

:buttrock

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:24 pm

I am grateful that LFC have Parry and Moores at the helm, as you can just here it in their voices that they are good guys

You could tell when Stevie was leaving that Parry was gutted in the press conference he was fighting back the tears. It was good to see how much he cares about the club and players
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dosserboy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:36 pm

Yeah, two great Guys fair shout, but I wish there was just a few more pounds in the bank to give us a more options in the transfer market.
dosserboy

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:42 pm

There too good for there own boots.  Thats why we allways get ripped in the transfer market ie 7 million for Crouch.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:48 pm

[/quote]There too good for there own boots.  Thats why we allways get ripped in the transfer market ie 7 million for Crouch[quote]

But David Moores has proved time and again that 'nice' people in business can do well as he is one of the most respected & sucessful businessmen around. It is then up to everyone else to do their jobs and, well, no-one can say Rafa didnt do his job in his first season, but it wouldnt have happened if DM & RP hadnt stuck their necks out and gone to Spain, now that decision was made quickly (to get rid of GH and employ RB). Any other decisions about players coming in now, I think it is Rafa holding things up until he is sure about who he can get and not the Chairman and CEO.

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:32 pm

The apponitment of Raffa was the best thing to happen at Anfield in years and we will  end up on top with him.
The appointment of Houllier was one of the worse as was Evans.
The same board made these decisions. The same board that missed the commercial boat which took the mancs so far ahead of us in the money league. The same board that have become very rich men even during the lost years. The same board that ignored a millionair scouser who wanted to invest 25% of his personal fortune who had made his money with his own accumen (not his uncles money) a man who was really prepared to put his money where his mouth is. The same board who've enjoyed a five star life style on the business that was being run like a three star whorehouse.
Raffa is a real blessing but more by luck than judgement.

"Respected and Successful businessman" - my backside !!
Last edited by JohnBull on Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion