Moores and parry - They're up to something

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Sun May 23, 2004 2:18 pm

Just had a call from one of the lads that he bumped into the Moores/Parry duo in Malaga Airport yesterday.
Deep in conversation they refused to answer questions from the many Reds there!!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun May 23, 2004 2:32 pm

Maybe they are up to taking a holiday ???
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jack66 » Sun May 23, 2004 2:41 pm

could they be meeting mr benitez?
jack66

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun May 23, 2004 4:05 pm

They are having an holiday with 18-30 clubs for 2 days before they both worn out later!!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun May 23, 2004 4:33 pm

I also saw a report on Sky that Moores and Parry have been in Spain very recently!

They're up to something alright......
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JohnBull » Sun May 23, 2004 4:51 pm

More info from a VERY good source -
Houllier's office at Melwood has been cleared in the last two days. Either it's getting a total refurb or he's not going to be using it again.!!!
Also - Rick Parry is pulling all the stops out to sign the duo from City - Joey Barton and Sean Wright Phillips
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun May 23, 2004 4:53 pm

Oh gawd not Joey Barton..he is not good enough to play for us.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sun May 23, 2004 4:54 pm

Why be suspicious of Moores and Parrys trip to Spain.  Maybe they just wanted to top up on the sun tans, go on the sauce for a few days and pick up a few Spanish chicks!!!

Seán
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun May 23, 2004 4:55 pm

neither is shaun-wright-phillips. big fish in a small pond if you ask me. he'll probably go to arsenal to replace ljungberg. it's also his dads team of course.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun May 23, 2004 4:55 pm

Sean wrote:Why be suspicious of Moores and Parrys trip to Spain.  Maybe they just wanted to top up on the sun tans, go on the sauce for a few days and pick up a few Spanish chicks!!!

Seán

Ha ha ha!!! Nice one!! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun May 23, 2004 4:57 pm

Stan Laurel wrote:
Sean wrote:Why be suspicious of Moores and Parrys trip to Spain.  Maybe they just wanted to top up on the sun tans, go on the sauce for a few days and pick up a few Spanish chicks!!!

dirty old men! :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JohnBull » Sun May 23, 2004 4:58 pm

If you don't think Joey Barton is good enough then you are going right against the wishes of our best player - Gerrard is pushing for him more than anyone.
Gerrard has done more for this team this season than anyone and I would accept his opinions first.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun May 23, 2004 5:06 pm

Joey Barton is ok and he could be a handy player but I can't see him being a great player. Still, if Man UTD are signing Liam Miller then I don't see the harm of us signing Joey Barton, so long as he is not our main midfield signing of the summer.

I have to accept that Sean Wright Phillips had a superb season for Man City last year and he is currently hot property. I foolishly called him a "midget" in a thread a few weeks ago and I accept that size isn't necessarily an indicator of class.

However, I have seen so many "Sean Wright Phillips" in my time as a football supporter and I have serious reservations whether he will be a Premiership player when he is 28.

Ruel Fox, Franz Carr, Mark Walters, Danny Wallace, Terry Gibson, Tony Galvin, Tony Daley all come to mind. Brilliant for a season or two (given their pace) before fading completely.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun May 23, 2004 5:16 pm

Do we need Joey Barton as squad player? I would say possibly yes, maybe it would be good idea to have him to cover for any first team midfielders like injured or suspensed. Really, Joey is not really flair player and he is bit of hot tempered like Alan Smith.

I rate Liam Miller highly, because he has done well for Celtic but he has been unlucky for last more than 2 years because of his injuries problem. I believe Liam Miller won't be first team player next season, but I am sure he will be an excellent squad player next season for Man Utd.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun May 23, 2004 5:20 pm

i just don't see what barton will give us that we don't already have in the squad apart from youth maybe. if he's so good why wasn't he a regular at man city? we've got a young guy called john welsh who costs us nothing siiting in the reserves waiting for a chance. he is so highly rated that houllier "predicted" that he would make 15-20 first team appearances last season. well we all know what happened next don't we? he made ONE sub appearance in europe.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion