Moores - Steps down

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:02 am

Reg wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:Moores sold us down the river for an extra "30 peices of silver". :nod

And tell me wise one...

Moores had 51% of the shares, and the other 49% didnt say 'Hey Davie lad, this is a load of bollox, the A-rabs are much better' ??

No sir-ee, the 49% said, 'That'll do nicely Mr Moores, well done, I thought we were gonna have to settle for those dodgey arabs for moment, much better to sell to yanks who aready have proven sport franchise ownership experience'.

Funny how over time the story twists and truns isnt it?

Wait another 3 years and it will be Rafa's fault becaase he was seen at Disneyland on holiday talking on his mobile at the time.

The answer is quite simple Thick one.....Moores saw ££££ signs in his eyes.   :p
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:14 am

REDTILLDEAD wrote:
Reg wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:Moores sold us down the river for an extra "30 peices of silver". :nod

And tell me wise one...

Moores had 51% of the shares, and the other 49% didnt say 'Hey Davie lad, this is a load of bollox, the A-rabs are much better' ??

No sir-ee, the 49% said, 'That'll do nicely Mr Moores, well done, I thought we were gonna have to settle for those dodgey arabs for moment, much better to sell to yanks who aready have proven sport franchise ownership experience'.

Funny how over time the story twists and truns isnt it?

Wait another 3 years and it will be Rafa's fault becaase he was seen at Disneyland on holiday talking on his mobile at the time.

The answer is quite simple Thick one.....Moores saw ££££ signs in his eyes.   :p

One thing that puzzles me is if DIC have so much money why didn't they just put in a bit more to buy our club back when they had the chance and don't give me this twaddle about honour, the arabs are many things but honourable businessmen is not one of them, they almost have an unwrittenrule to try and screw each other over when it comes to business.
Moores, Parry, their hired due diligence people, and the rest of the board must have seen something dodgy with DIC's offer, maybe now we'll find out what it was.

I cannot believe how blinkered, ungrateful and cruel some people on this forum are being, I sure hope Rafa isn't counting on any lasting faith and support from some of you lot.  :no

The vast majority of people on this forum were jumping for joy at the news of the takeover and it was only much much later that all the criticism started so don't all try and be smartarses who knew the score now.
heimdall

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:50 am

Ciggy posted this on another forum . Thought it would be a good idea to bang it in here just to remind people why DIC pulled out .

STATEMENT FROM DUBAI INTERNATIONAL CAPITAL LLC
Dubai International Capital LLC (‘DIC’) today announces that it has decided to end negotiations with Liverpool FC & Athletic Grounds plc (“Liverpool”) about a possible investment in the club.
Having completed due diligence, DIC submitted a comprehensive offer to the Liverpool board. The offer had been accepted in principle by majority shareholder David Moores. It appears that the Liverpool board and the majority shareholder David Moores were unable to approve these terms in order to allow DIC to make a formal offer to all shareholders.
As part of this negotiation and at the request of the Liverpool board, DIC tabled detailed proposals regarding the financing, construction and delivery of the new stadium for the start of the 2009/10 season. In addition, DIC was also prepared to give assurances regarding funding for new players, at levels above what the club had previously budgeted for. However, despite providing all assurances that were requested of DIC, it appears that the Liverpool board was unable to recommend our proposed offer to the shareholders.
Sameer Al Ansari, executive chairman and chief executive officer of DIC, said: "We are very disappointed to be making this announcement. DIC is a serious investor with considerable resources at its disposal. At the same time, we are supporters - of the game and of the club. Liverpool's investment requirements have been well publicised and, after a huge amount of work, we proposed a deal that would provide the club with the funds it needs, both on and off the pitch. We were also prepared to offer shareholders a significant premium on the market price of the shares. However, we will not overpay for assets.
“Liverpool is the most successful football club in English football history. It exists to win things for its supporters. It deserves to be in the hands of people who support it, who understand its history and legend and who share the enthusiasm and passion of its fans. As businessmen, we move on. As fans, we hope that the new owners would share the same vision as we had for LFC and, of course, in realising the new stadium that is so badly needed to ensure the club can continue to compete at the highest level in the Premier League and Europe. I am sure I will be back at Anfield with my family soon to support my team, as I have done so in the last 30-plus years. In the meantime, I wish the manager, the players and everyone connected with the club the best of fortune for the challenges ahead and will make sure that I am there the day they lift the Premier League trophy.”
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:08 am

My opinion is that the Arabs came up with a business plan that worked....... buy the club for a song, build a new stadium with a loan and invest heavily in the team, then reap the rewards as the new stadium paid off the interest on the loan.

Hicks and Gillett also came up with a business plan that was slightly more ambitious and much more risky. Buy the club for a song but on credit, take out further loans to strengthen the team and build the stadium, then pay off the interest with the increased revenue from the new stadium.

Sadly Hicks and Gillett's problem was that because they borrowed the money to buy the club, they found great difficulty in finding the credit to build the stadium. Without the stadium there was no significant increase in revenue and we are now in a vicious spiral of having to pay huge interest payments without any real chance of the stadium being built without fresh input of finance. 

I feel that the reason the Arabs haven't come back in for us is that buying the club for the price Hick's and Gillett wanted, would have made it virtually impossible to build a stadium, strengthen the team and still make enough to finance the interest on the stadium loan, with any chance of profit in the near future.
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:19 am

Moores could never have known the Americans would turn out like this.

I for one will never believe that he "sold out". He did what he thought was right. The yanks probably fed him with all the right lines.

How could he have known?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:20 am

bigmick wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
bigmick wrote:Moores made a terrible decision selling to the Americans, truly awful. Hopefully his resignation is the precursor to him coming out and admitting so, before possibly leading the campaign to get rid of them. There is still a chance IMHo for redemption for David Moores, as his heart was ultimately in the right place. Perhaps he is the man to lead the boycott of Anfield, to shut down the streets of Liverpool and leave the ground empty, starving these c...s out of our club. It could still be the greatest story ever told.

There is still time for him, hopefully it's a case of cometh the hour cometh the man.

what... like gollum in the Lord of the Rings?  :D

I've no idea I've never seen it. If though he sold a football club to a couple fo charlatans, then rallied the fans against the new owners before finally kicking them out of the club, the city and the country, then yes, exactly like that.

or read it? long long time ago when there was only Charlie Chaplin in Hollywood doing his thing, "the greatest story ever" was told in a much more vivid manner by professor Tolkien using written words. And yes it's something along those lines...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:24 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Moores could never have known the Americans would turn out like this.

I for one will never believe that he "sold out". He did what he thought was right. The yanks probably fed him with all the right lines.

How could he have known?

probably by being a bit more thoughtful?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:27 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Moores could never have known the Americans would turn out like this.

How could he have known?

To be fair there was a significant amount of information about them both on the internet Lando. Maybe even the fact that they were both well known for leveraged buyouts might have given Moores and Parry some clue as to their intentions?

I believe that there was a bit of panic set in when DIC pulled out and instead of making a sound business decision based on information, Moores just crossed his fingers and hoped for the best in a hurried deal.
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:47 am

Well I flat-out refuse to believe that Moores would do anything to hurt this club intentionally.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:02 am

the 2 clowns has combined net worth of around 2.2 bil USD, DIC has around 60 bil USD, estimated. and i think one of the sheik is a life time LFC fan.

we really have to questioned how we ended up in the hands of those 2 bloody yanks, 2 poorer non-fans, and face the possibility of being IN-DEBT FOR LIFE. the american culture, the american dream.

i dont know what happened with the BOD, maybe it is groupthink, white-supremacist thinking, polarization, etc etc, but they F up real bad.
doesnt matter what moores had done all these years, u may have a medal of honor but u will still be paraded like a criminal once convicted.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:49 am

s@int wrote:My opinion is that the Arabs came up with a business plan that worked....... buy the club for a song, build a new stadium with a loan and invest heavily in the team, then reap the rewards as the new stadium paid off the interest on the loan.

Hicks and Gillett also came up with a business plan that was slightly more ambitious and much more risky. Buy the club for a song but on credit, take out further loans to strengthen the team and build the stadium, then pay off the interest with the increased revenue from the new stadium.

Sadly Hicks and Gillett's problem was that because they borrowed the money to buy the club, they found great difficulty in finding the credit to build the stadium. Without the stadium there was no significant increase in revenue and we are now in a vicious spiral of having to pay huge interest payments without any real chance of the stadium being built without fresh input of finance. 

I feel that the reason the Arabs haven't come back in for us is that buying the club for the price Hick's and Gillett wanted, would have made it virtually impossible to build a stadium, strengthen the team and still make enough to finance the interest on the stadium loan, with any chance of profit in the near future.

Most sensible post in the whole topic, thank you Saint.  :bowdown
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:58 am

s@int wrote:

How could he have known?

To be fair there was a significant amount of information about them both on the internet Lando. Maybe even the fact that they were both well known for leveraged buyouts might have given Moores and Parry some clue as to their intentions?

I believe that there was a bit of panic set in when DIC pulled out and instead of making a sound business decision based on information, Moores just crossed his fingers and hoped for the best in a hurried deal.

I'm sorry, DIC pulled out, when was this?? It seems to be that their bid was rejected by the board, do none of you guys actually wonder why this might have been? Maybe the bid from Hicks and Gillett was in fact better for the club, despite how it's turned out. Give Moores some credit, what more could he have done? He hired people to find him buyers, he hired people to check them out and the advice he got was :censored:, it's hardly his fault then is it, was he supposed to reject all the information he as getting and go against the rest of the board, at the time it all seemed great and everyone was very happy with the lies that twit and tw@t told us. Who could have possibly known it would turn out this way?
heimdall

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:22 pm

None of this matters any more anyway the damage is done. I just hope we can recover.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:39 pm

bavlondon wrote:None of this matters any more anyway the damage is done. I just hope we can recover.

I dont think its the last we will here of staff leaving the club, its all change this year.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:59 pm

Doesn't really surprise me. I will be happier once the loan is sorted, we have a few new players and the stadium has been started.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion