Moores - Steps down

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:54 pm

About bloody time. Good riddance.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:01 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
heimdall wrote:"may be the final chapter of this sorry saga - but it is not the final page."

WTF?? How can something be the final chapter but not the final page? :Oo:

You have actually read a book, right?  :O

:D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:11 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
heimdall wrote:"may be the final chapter of this sorry saga - but it is not the final page."

:laugh:  :bowdown
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:31 pm

GYBS wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

:laugh:  :bowdown

But like the Good Book, it is never ending.... like this thread....  :eyebrow
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:19 pm

Bad Bob wrote:

ha ha I just realised that, I was having a serious dumb :censored: moment.  :no  :no  :blush:  :wwww
heimdall

Postby simolonge » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:50 pm

Anyway i think Moores got conned, i do not believe he deliberately set about to destroy the club and I do think that things will get much much worse without him and Parry on the board but that's what you guys wanted so congratulations.

No - he decided to take the option that paid him more for his shares.

Now I dont blame anyone for doing this - he was entitled to make a few quid for himself after the money his family have invested - BUT he did this without checking the people out.

I remember members of this forum and other forums googling them :censored: and finding all kinds of horror stories in the weeks after they moved in.

THIS is why he is villified.

What he did before, he did to a decent level, but As United have managed to become the biggest club in the Wrold in the interim period after the Premier LEague was founded we have gone backwards. We failed to capitalise on our success of the 70's and 80's, and Moores is responsible for that, along with PArry.
simolonge

Postby heimdall » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:23 pm

simolonge wrote:

Anyway i think Moores got conned, i do not believe he deliberately set about to destroy the club and I do think that things will get much much worse without him and Parry on the board but that's what you guys wanted so congratulations.

Now I dont blame anyone for doing this - he was entitled to make a few quid for himself after the money his family have invested - BUT he did this without checking the people out.

I remember members of this forum and other forums googling them :censored: and finding all kinds of horror stories in the weeks after they moved in.

What he did before, he did to a decent level, but As United have managed to become the biggest club in the Wrold in the interim period after the Premier LEague was founded we have gone backwards. We failed to capitalise on our success of the 70's and 80's, and Moores is responsible for that, along with PArry.

As has been mentioned before Moores hired people to find him suitable buyers so the blame lies on those consultants not on Moores.

And btw it took a LOT longer than a few weeks before people started turning on twit and tw@t.
heimdall

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:45 pm

Reg wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
THEBARON wrote:How much money did Moores make from the takeover?

88 million.

And how much did the Moores family put into the club over the years? Who financed the club through the Shanks, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Evans and Houllier eras? Who stood by the club even when we were struggling, who invested and created so many jobs in the city of Liverpool?

People have short memories or are straightforward ignorant of the facts, splashing their worthless jibes at the man. Attitudes are disrespectful to say the least and baseless....... LFC wasnt a business before T&T came along? it was a charity was it? Grow up ffs.

Spot :censored: on , how many ungrateful people do we have on here , so blinded by the 1 mistake he has made and forsaking all good he has done for the club .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:46 pm

heimdall wrote:
simolonge wrote:

As has been mentioned before Moores hired people to find him suitable buyers so the blame lies on those consultants not on Moores.

And btw it took a LOT longer than a few weeks before people started turning on twit and tw@t.

Don't think so mate , some on this forum fell for there lies (me included) but if you look at the posts saint made (and he'll correct me if i'm wrong) he was very worried about them from the start.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:05 pm

Moores - a broken heart but 100 mil richer i reckon.
great due diligence btw.
He was selling his crowd jewel and if proper investigations were done, those 2 clowns will be exposed. They have every thing to hide! why would 2 bloody yanks who dont know sh.i..t about football, want to buy a football club?
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby simolonge » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:19 pm

heimdall wrote:
simolonge wrote:

Wrong.

He was 90% there with the Arabs, then the Yanks came in and offered more money. corners where cut to enable them to get the deal sorted sooner rather than later. this is where he funked up.

He sold the family silver to a pair of ex bankrupt liars.

As previous, Moores did a lot of good, but he is totally culpable for the Yanks.
simolonge

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:22 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Reg wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
THEBARON wrote:How much money did Moores make from the takeover?

88 million.

And how much did the Moores family put into the club over the years? Who financed the club through the Shanks, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Evans and Houllier eras? Who stood by the club even when we were struggling, who invested and created so many jobs in the city of Liverpool?

People have short memories or are straightforward ignorant of the facts, splashing their worthless jibes at the man. Attitudes are disrespectful to say the least and baseless....... LFC wasnt a business before T&T came along? it was a charity was it? Grow up ffs.

Spot :censored: on , how many ungrateful people do we have on here , so blinded by the 1 mistake he has made and forsaking all good he has done for the club .

Someone in that position should not be making a mistake of that level. That's why he was in that position to in the first place and he :censored: it up when it mattered the most. Not meaning to sound funny but ok I accept his family done a lot for the club but I think what he done more recently will have a longer lasting effect on the club in the years to come.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Moores sold us down the river for an extra "30 peices of silver". :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:25 pm

I havent read any posts where people have been saying that they dont think Moores has made a mistake.

Everyone that i know is of the opinion that it was a mistake that he regrets.

But its more serious than that, a mistake when selling our club is slightly more of a problem than me buying the wrong fabric softener.

He had a massive duty...and took years to make the decision and still got it massively wrong.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:30 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Moores sold us down the river for an extra "30 peices of silver". :nod

And tell me wise one...

Moores had 51% of the shares, and the other 49% didnt say 'Hey Davie lad, this is a load of bollox, the A-rabs are much better' ??

No sir-ee, the 49% said, 'That'll do nicely Mr Moores, well done, I thought we were gonna have to settle for those dodgey arabs for moment, much better to sell to yanks who aready have proven sport franchise ownership experience'.

Funny how over time the story twists and truns isnt it?

Wait another 3 years and it will be Rafa's fault becaase he was seen at Disneyland on holiday talking on his mobile at the time.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion