Moores - he still the right man?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat May 22, 2004 11:11 am

I have often wondered whether our decline since 1990 + Moores's appointment in 1991 was merely coincidence.
Certainly key events like Heysel, Hillsboorough and it's affect on Dalglish, Souness's appointment etc predated time as Chairman. But subsequently he is open to a number of criticisms :

- failure to face up the Souness's issue

- incompetent development of commercial interests so that we are now in desperate catch up mode.

- decline on the field

- stadium capacity resolution is a least 5 years too late

- self interest in protecting his majority shareholding stake, until near panic measures are required.

- the current managerial PR shamble which could be quashed by strong board leadership

On the other hand no more doubts his genuine love for the club, we are reasonably well run financially + he fully supports his managers - even in this age where instant success is expected. Nevertheless we are at a crossroads I feel both on + off the field.

Is he right/best man to remain in charge of the club - what do you all think, lads?
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sat May 22, 2004 12:05 pm

We need a rich and desisive chairman who is not afraid to criticise
a manager when he is in the wrong...Doug Ellis would have by now fired
houllier 10 times...I'm not saying doug ellis is a good chairman but he keeps his managers on their toes....

Feel bad for o'leiry though...ellis says they better challenge for europe next season... shouldnt he be satisfied that they were so close to CL this season after finishing 15th (i think) last season and with very little money available for transfers.

If Moores doesnt realise soon what has to be done then he is not the right man for the job....
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat May 22, 2004 12:08 pm

Never thought of this before. I actually think you are right. At least half right. And that is bad enough. The incompetence of current leadership is a major problem for the club.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion