Champions league - Lets push everything into it and win

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:24 pm

rafa has performed miracles getting us this far, how would other clubs have faired if they had mellor and sinama pongolle up front for a lot of the season, as well as their two best players out for six weeks and three months?
we`ve had a terrible season but we`ve still gotten to a cup final, the semi`s of the champions league (at least) and probably a uefa cup spot. if rafa can do this with basically someone else`s team then what can he do with his own.

agreeed.  Rafa will be judged next season when he has a clear out and brings in the players he thinks will make Liverpool a force in the Premier League.  On the note to Chelsea....am i the only one who is hoping Spurs beat Arsenal and make Chelsea champions tomorrow? That would help us loads because can anyone not see the likes of Lampard, Cole and Terry going out to celebrate with a couple of beers because i can't!  If Chelsea are champions for Wednesday we will win!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:46 pm

Even when we get rid of the dead wood, and bring in new blood to the club, there will still be a season of rebuilding and getting the players familliar with each other. We wont get to judge them until the season after, it would only be fair. What I'm saying in other threads is that Rafa threw the chance of gaining 4th spot earlier on this year with insisting with below par players for critical games.we wouldnt have to be relying on winning the hardest club league in the world to gain a spot in next season's competition. We had our chances, and now if we get past Chelski, we would have to get passed a VERY VERY good AC Milan side, and that, is no easy task.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:46 pm

i saw some signs yesterday that chelsea are not as solid as people think. defensively they showed some weaknesses. i really hope glen johnson plays because the guy can't defend for toffee. and upfront, drogba couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo and seemed to have forgotten the offside law.

obviously the main threat is lampard and robben. when robben came on yesterday, he completely changed the game.

in my mind, we will have to score an away goal to progress over two legs.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:54 pm

Exactly! we can do it......also, on a different topic, ust seen the new adidas advert with Cisse in it....v funny with him being carried on a stretcher chasing the ball!  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:57 pm

we would have to get passed a VERY VERY good AC Milan side, and that, is no easy task.

Why are you underestimating PSV? Whose to say that they can't get past through AC Milan?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:02 pm

el_stinger wrote:Carson
Josemi  Warnock Pellegrino Traore

Nunez Smicer Biscan Kewell Partridge

Le Tallec

I seriously hope Rafa isnt thinking this team for Wednesday

You obviously know Liverpool and benitez very well dont you, WTF Pellegrino is cuptied, josemi and kewell are injured so why come up with that pathetic team you just have I do not know :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:12 pm

CGGYA, he's just another knee-jerk reaction.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby el_stinger » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:04 pm

A.B. wrote:CGGYA, he's just another knee-jerk reaction.

Its called sarcasm you stupid dingo. Enough out of you already. Bloody dingo mate!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:37 pm

el_stinger wrote:
A.B. wrote:CGGYA, he's just another knee-jerk reaction.

Its called sarcasm you stupid dingo. Enough out of you already. Bloody dingo mate!

f.uck you and your dingo,   what a stupid word  :laugh:
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:06 pm

Dingo? Why not just call your self "El Dingo" since you seem to like that word.

f.uck you and your dingo,   what a stupid word

Sounds like something Mark/dipioneer would use.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:19 pm

well....looks like mrs beneitz is getting a new and expensive watch soon.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/04/25/story199665.html

Reds will win Champions League says Mrs Benitez
25/04/2005 - 15:07:59

Rafael Benitez’s wife is tipping Liverpool to go on and win the Champions League.

While the Anfield manager remains delighted at the prospect, he revealed he will be out of pocket if his side lift Europe’s finest club trophy this season.

Liverpool boss Benitez said : “When I was at Valencia my wife said that we would win the league. She was right and to mark the occasion she asked me for a new watch.

“I bought her the watch, but then she said that we would win the UEFA Cup and that when we did she wanted another watch.

“Now she says that we will win the Champions League and that she will want an even more expensive watch. My wife has a lot of confidence and a lot of watches!”
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion