Champions league - Lets push everything into it and win

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:52 pm

thats right, we can now pour everything into winning the European cup, the race for 4th is as good as dead and we have nothing else to lose!  Rest all our key players from the league now and use them for the Champions league, give the young players a chance in our league games and see who is worth keeping from them for next season.
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:54 pm

No one worth keeping, not even Gerrard.

Mate we're gonna have to pour all our efforts in the CL, cos our season as far as the league goes, is OVER!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:56 pm

el_stinger wrote:No one worth keeping, not even Gerrard.

Mate we're gonna have to pour all our efforts in the CL, cos our season as far as the league goes, is OVER!

Knee jerk there mate

The league is definitely over now though

Now the players owe us a result against chelsea
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:56 pm

el_stinger wrote:No one worth keeping, not even Gerrard.

Thas just dumb
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:00 pm

if gerrard wants out, so be it. we have Alonso and he's a key midfield man who could run tbe field should Stevie go, but i would rather see our reserves play the rest of the league matches and finish out of the Ueffa cup, than risk the key men over fighting for the scraps left by the top 4....win the European cup and even Chelsea will envy us!  So come on Liverpool, f**k the league, lets go for the biggest prize in European club football and ****** off the blueshite 10x over in the process!!!
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:03 pm

must give our all agaisnt Chelsea, sweat blood and tears for the cause, remember what club you are playing for and do us all proud!

c'mon lads, after that performance I expect nothing less than 100% against Chelsea, batter the blue and white sh!te.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:04 pm

Ive always said even at the start of this season that if he wants out, let him go, no point in forcing him to stay. Better we get some real quality and depth he can provide for the club, than have a wayward so called captain. Not having a dig at him or his supporters, just, its wearing thin, and the players are coming to believe it too and it shows whenever he plays on the park with him.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:05 pm

Advisable to rest first teamers ahead of all Premiership clashes from now on?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:10 pm

Advisable to rest first teamers ahead of all Premiership clashes from now on?

yes Milita i would, at least until after the Chelsea games.....whats the point of Gerrard or Alonso picking up an injury?  4th is over....i can't see Everton losing ALL of their remaining games....we only have 1 shot at glory now, so lets push everything what we have into that
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:21 pm

Rafa putting Welsh ahead of Biscan and Alonso not featuring means both will start against Chelsea. I see Rafa putting a 451 formation.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:26 pm

it'll be difficult really to beat Chelsea in CL coz they'll be on fire after defeating fulham 3-1 n for a fact they are getting closer to league title.n definitely they'll be eager to add CL throphy for tis season.

:(  :(
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby el_stinger » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:31 pm

Carson
Josemi  Warnock Pellegrino Traore

Nunez Smicer Biscan Kewell Partridge

Le Tallec

I seriously hope Rafa isnt thinking this team for Wednesday
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:05 pm

Yeah we have gotta go for it but with our remaining 4 pl matches we should have gone for it the league seasons just been washed  down the drain:( :( :( :( :(
66-1112520797

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:32 am

maybe Rafa realised that scrapping for 4th is below us  ???

probably not true, i know, but come on everyone, chins up!  Get a score draw at Chelski and beta them at Anfield....it's not that impossible....then we're in the final and ANYTHING can happen then!  :)
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:49 am

Bamaga man wrote:Yeah we have gotta go for it but with our remaining 4 pl matches we should have gone for it the league seasons just been washed  down the drain:( :( :( :( :(

in what way mate? alonso could hardly walk after the spurs and plymouth games and couldnt even have a warm down, he was walking like he ****** his pants, the man has played through the pain barrier for us and it was unrealistic to expect him to keep on playing without a rest after so long out.
garcia was injured, who else would have really improved the team, smicer? nunez? biscan?
come on, we`re just clutching at straws, the truth is the squad rafa was left is devoid of any really creative players because to houllier creativity involved a big boot up the field.
owen and gerrard got us to the champions league spot last year, and owen ****** off because he thought the team wasnt good enough so where did that leave rafa?
rafa has performed miracles getting us this far, how would other clubs have faired if they had mellor and sinama pongolle up front for a lot of the season, as well as their two best players out for six weeks and three months?
we`ve had a terrible season but we`ve still gotten to a cup final, the semi`s of the champions league (at least) and probably a uefa cup spot. if rafa can do this with basically someone else`s team then what can he do with his own.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion