Players we should sign...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:45 pm

stmichael wrote:dystin? ???

we need to dystin ourselves from him  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:32 pm

Alessandro Del Piero would be a good signing, I heard Edgar Davids may be available as he is having a bad time at Inter Milan just wages yet again could be a problem and I know Im gonna get slaughtered for saying this but what about Joey Barton at Man City?
82-1074641017

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:34 pm

joey barton? ur right, im gonna slate u...lol
if anyone frmo there it would have to be dunne, the guys been immense recently.
wouldnt take de piero or davids personally but id take figo, hes got a bit left in him yet and with everyone writing him off hed have something to proove
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bRy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:19 pm

Last season there was talk of Thomas Rosicky of Czech and Dortmund fame and a possible move to Liverpool. He's a quality midfielder with youth on his side, and if reports are to be believed regarding Dortmund's finances, he may be picked up for a smidgen of his real value.

One right out of left field also is Andres D'Alessandro of Wolfsburg. Haven't seen him play in the Bundesliga but managed to see him during the Olympics where he was one of Argentina's star players. Judging by Wolfsburg's performances this season, that form has carried over to the Bundesliga. This could be a double edged sword, but he's only 21.

People on the board suggesting Wesley Sjneider  (sp?) are also onto something. Technically gifted Ajax midfielder with a lethal free kick. Oher Dutch names worth mentioning:

Van Der Vaart (Ajax) - Most know about him
Kevin Hofland (PSV) - Quality centre-back, may be expensive though
Mark Van Bommel (PSV) - Quality midfielder at his prime

For pure entertinment value, and very unrealistic indeed, I would love to see the club sign Denilson from Betis. His ball skills would be worth the price of admission/pay tv subscription.
bRy

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:21 pm

PSV are a selling club tho. altho they sold the horse to the manc scum for loads they dont really sell for much. there longest serving player has only been there a couple of eyars as well i think. its definately a club where people are always on the move
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bRy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:38 pm

A lot of people wax lyrical about the Ajax youth system, which was phenomenal and sill is superb, however PSV in recent years have definitely rivalled Ajax in terms of youth, if not outdone them.

ie RVN, Robben, Van Bommel, Hofland, Kezman (let's forget his Chelsea record for a moment and maybe focus on his PSV and international record)

I guess that's why there's a massive rivalry between the two clubs, added to the fact that PSV have been dominant in recent years over both Ajax and Feyenoord.
bRy

Postby The_Rock » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:21 pm

forget about france or holland......new players will either come from la liga or here.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion