Its not a bad thing we have been knocked out - 4th and keeping players injury free 4me

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:47 pm

:D  Just thought i hope this doesn't cause unnecessary arguments cos it won't help or stop the problems.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:59 pm

It seems as though we are picking and choosing which tournaments we are going to try and win. In my opinion we are hardly in a position to be so selective. If both domestic knockout tournaments are no more than reserve fixtures then we are left with trying to win the premiership and a european trophy. This is a tall order for Rafa and his team. I hate it when Liverpool lose but it appears that the current regime is willing to take the fall in certain games to enhance our chances in others. To me it dont make any kind of sense as this method give you no guarantee. I doubt it enhances our chances at all infact. I really would like to know the logic behind it as its definately the fashion right now. Maybe if you have 2 international class teams on your books its a great system. As we certainly dont I think its a bad road to go down. I just want us to go all out for every game we play and let the cards fall as they may.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Kop Kid » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:53 pm

Last night i was very very upset.  Disapointed and ashamed that our manager had not given the FA Cup the respect it deserved.

Im afraid to say Rafa was an absolute disgrace for that.  Im afraid im a vbery passionate person when it comes to this country and what we have to offer and even a blind man could see putting out such an inexperienced side was going to loose.

BUT and its a big but, Rafa will now have hopefully learnt a few leasons and when this season is over i hope he makes big changes and big changes.

We should all know by now Djimi, Dudek and several others are simply not up to it.  They have one good game in every three, thats simply not good enough for Liverpool FC.
Kop Kid

Postby ROBtheRED » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:55 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:Come on lads its not a bad thing we have been knocked out when i think about it the season we are having with injurys etc knowing our luck we would get to next round or q/final and prob lose gerrard or morientes for the remainder of the season.We are in a semifinal in one cup still in champions league and big games to finish in the top 4 in the league which i think is more important,yeh it would have been nice going to the semifinal etc but who cares we need to keep morientes and gerrard and rise the likes of these players fit and injury free and the more games we had to play would have risked our allready injury hit squad.this is not an easy way of looking for an excuse of getting knocked out tonight but its probably a good thing when you look at the way our season has gone.so cheer up i think we should concentrate on the premiership and get that top 4 place because if we had won the fa cup and finished 6th that would be a bigger let down than tonight,lets get to the quarter finals may be the semifinals of the champions league,win the carling cup,and finish 3rd but probably 4th that is a season to be proud of especially like i said with the injurys we have had.so lets move on together 3points at southampton on saturday and leave the facup for the rest to fight over.

positive thinking gone wrong! ! ! ? ???
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:37 pm

how can you say that because it worked through the rounds in the carling cup playing a weak side,the players are the ones who let us down last night and especially themselves,biscan was a disgrace,traore i think he was trying to make out he was some galactico,but it backfired what was he thinking of,dudek did ok but it just shows like i said our squad is not good enough houlliers signings need to go,sooner the better you can't blame rafa for last night he picked a team that should have just about beat burnley but they embaressed us.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:40 pm

Some of Houliers signings were shocking, true. But the jury is still out on a few of Rafas as well. With the exception of Alonso and Morientes i can see no improvement to the squad.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:56 pm

its all very edgy on this board at the moment, i cant cope with it
109-1105722616

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:59 pm

Maybe we should all go on Trisha?

A win next week will sort things out!

COME ON YOU REDS!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse