Injury prone players - time for a clear out?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:15 pm

This season has been a nightmare for injuries, but it's clear that some of our squad are more susceptible to them than others.

Is it time to bite the bullet and have a clear out?

Here's my list of transfers:

Matip (our second best CB when fit, but he's never fit)
Keita (talented, but made of glass)
Shaq (every run in the team is followed by a lengthy spell on the sidelines)
Ox (hasn't been the same since his last injury)
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:22 pm

Don’t think Keita , Matip or Ox will be looked to be offloaded but can see Shaqiri leave
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:33 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:22 pm wrote:Don’t think Keita , Matip or Ox will be looked to be offloaded but can see Shaqiri leave

I think Shaq is the only one that would be up for debate- the others should be sold ASAP .
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:30 pm

Matip is one hell of a player when fit so if I had to keep one then it would be him.

Ox needs to go. Bad decision to sign him in the first place due to his injury record. The injury he is not the same since is one he picked up about 10 years ago. He was the same at Arsenal.

Shaq needs to go as well because he isn't good enough and less so with all the injuries. Cheap gamble that hasn't paid off.

Keita. I feel sorry for the club here as he did cost a bit and he didnt show signs of being a crock before we signed him like the others but is isn't working out for him. We cant even get 3 games out of him before he breaks down again and it's back to square one. 

Sort them out and at least it improves the options we have in reserve.  Head into next season with 3 still here then we get what we deserve.

Origi needs to go as well. Hes useless and would struggle to be a regular in any side in the top 2 divisions. 

Minamino too. No where near the level required.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:10 pm

Hopefully one of the midtable clubs will come along in the summer and pay over the odds ala Ings, Brewster and Solanke....we got around 60 million for those combined....

If we're lucky we can make nearly double that shifting these on, especially with the way the market is.
Franky000

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion