Its not a bad thing we have been knocked out - 4th and keeping players injury free 4me

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:50 am

we are out of the fa cup get over it,we have bigger fish to catch raffa doesn't seem that bothered he knows we have a small squad with very little quality to choose like he says we are still in 3 competions and he had to rotate players these games are allways hard when you play away,and the fa cup brings shocks but like i said thats football raffa could have picked a strong 11 and won but what good would that have been if stevie picked up an injury that ruled him out until the end of the season same goes for carragher,you can't blame the manager for what team he put out but the players that did play let themselves down big time.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:53 am

marklfc wrote:when me bird sticks a finger up me bum before i jizz

what do you reckon, although owens goal does come close

???  ???  :Oo:  :glare:  :down:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:05 am

Lots of threads on this this morning so its a bit of pot-luck knowing which one to go in on. It's true that it's probably a bit of a result getting knocked out, it's also true that the players were poor last night and that Rafa probably should have fielded a stronger team. What do we learn?

1. As much as we'd like it to be true, we haven't currently got a dazzling crop of youngsters. I reckon if I'd been Potter (who FWIW looks like he posesses nice touch etc) or Welsh I would've been thinking, "this is it. Third round F.A. Cup, full house, this is MY BIG CHANCE.  Doors don't stay open forever and while this one's ajar, I'm gonna kick the fecker in". Nobody can be certain everything you try will come off but I would have made absolutely certain that in the passion, workrate and application dept I have never played better. "Whatever happens, they'll notice ME." Well guys, we didn't. They've all got a way to go and I'd be staggered if we have another David Thompson even among them.

2. Some of our senior players didn't get out of bed for the game. I thought Igor was an absolute disgrace to the shirt from start to finish. One of the commentry team said that given the transfer speculation his heart wasn't in it. It should be. He owes it to the club, to us and to himself. Say what you want about Henchoz, he knew his time was up with us but he was as pleased as anyone when we got the Spurs result even though he knew he wouldn't play any further part. That's a good pro.

3. Football is a trend game. Unfortunately we've probably started one last night. I think it's a shame and a mistake but the F.A.Cup will suffer if the bigger teams do what we did last night. In future I would prefer it if Rafa fielded a better side in this competition and left disrespect to those who are the best at it, Manure.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:08 am

the fa cup should get a team into CL, not finishing 4th
how can u be in aleague of champions if u finish 4th? lol

big mick as well makes excellant points. im gutted like everyone but just gotta look to that 4th spot and champs league and semi final second leg (saying it all like that, things could be worse)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:11 am

The Fa cup and coca cola cup are competitions to give young lads a chance and see what they're made of. Hopefully they gain experience from such games and Rafa can judge their ability in a competitive game. If they impress they can then make the step up to the premiership.

We can't go out and spend stupid money and do a leeds. We must get that 4th spot, it is all that counts this season.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:13 am

i'm sure benitez fielded the team he thought was capable of winning the game. these guys have been involved in games that have knocked out other prem teams in the carling cup and must show talent in training to keep themselves in with a shout of selection. i mean, we were playing burnley ffs, if these guys had actually bothered to turn up they woould be easily good enough to tbeat burnley.

so in my view we can't lay the blame at the feet of benitez for the first 11 pick, though maybe in retrospect he might have kept a bit more quality on the bench. the problem seems to be that the team selected just had no heart. the kids failed to grasp their chance, a couple of full international players embarrassed themselves and the club and traore had a moment of insanity.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:22 am

utter rubbish
the fa cup is important and our manager should take it serious
he aint in spain now
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:30 am

This season is a complete disaster. :p
Red_Si

Postby el_stinger » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:14 pm

DAV wrote:utter rubbish
the fa cup is important and our manager should take it serious
he aint in spain now

Its not important anymore.

There's nothing on offer for the club who wins the thing.

There is no incentive to win this cup, or the Spanish Cup, Italian or German cup. ITS NOTHING ANYMORE. it doesnt mean anything. Its not as prestigious anymore, and has no significance other than its history.

Champions League is where its at, you compete against the BEST in Europe, not just in your own country. Its ****** now, worth pittance.

Rafa was right to give the young players a chance to play, pity they didn't give him the heart he deserved out there on the pitch.

We are still in Europe, and thats where it counts.

GET OVER IT
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:06 pm

You guys dont get it,Its not the being knocked out everyone is ****** off about its the way we played no heart no spirit and No effin passion,Its an honour to wear a liverpool jersey you dont have a divine right to wear it because you can play better than all ya mates in the park you get it because you showed the passion and the love for the game as well as being better than all ya mates in the park.I dont think its punishment the team needs they dont even need a bollickin they need to learn about Liverpool fc how we compete for everything even a Friendly they need to learn how to love the club we love they need to be a fan of Liverpool not just an employee.
ronmeister

Postby mistyred » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:12 pm

Tell the 6year old liverpool supporter at the front crying his heart out that it doesn't mean anything. :(
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:23 pm

Shut @p. We can still go far in europe, get 4th and win the cc cup. This season is not a disaster!!!!

Also look behind the results. We have had more broken legs, crushed knees and hamsting problems than any other team. Walk on.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:25 pm

Banana just by chance your telling me to shut up are ya?.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:43 pm

mistyred wrote:Banana just by chance your telling me to shut up are ya?.

No. Not directed at anobody in particular. We have a lot to play for. What about getting into the last 4 in europe? Is that a failure? We have a lot to play for still. Get behind the team.

Next game we will have Gerrard, Riise, Baros, Carragher, Garcia, Morientes, Finnan and Pellegrino back in action. How about a WBA bashing of Soton? Supporters have very short memories it seems.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:46 pm

supporters have very short memories indeed
109-1105722616

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion