Its not a bad thing we have been knocked out - 4th and keeping players injury free 4me

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby welsh wizzard » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:46 pm

Come on lads its not a bad thing we have been knocked out when i think about it the season we are having with injurys etc knowing our luck we would get to next round or q/final and prob lose gerrard or morientes for the remainder of the season.We are in a semifinal in one cup still in champions league and big games to finish in the top 4 in the league which i think is more important,yeh it would have been nice going to the semifinal etc but who cares we need to keep morientes and gerrard and rise the likes of these players fit and injury free and the more games we had to play would have risked our allready injury hit squad.this is not an easy way of looking for an excuse of getting knocked out tonight but its probably a good thing when you look at the way our season has gone.so cheer up i think we should concentrate on the premiership and get that top 4 place because if we had won the fa cup and finished 6th that would be a bigger let down than tonight,lets get to the quarter finals may be the semifinals of the champions league,win the carling cup,and finish 3rd but probably 4th that is a season to be proud of especially like i said with the injurys we have had.so lets move on together 3points at southampton on saturday and leave the facup for the rest to fight over.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:52 pm

think of all the liverpool fans that whent to that game tonight and spent money on it and had a hard time getting to the game... rafa should come out and say sorry and give them the money back
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:06 am

your right there its been a big waste of money for our fans but they couldn't be going there knowing that they were going to win this game without a doubt.thats football and the facup but what it does prove is we have a very weak squad in depth we need more players with quality.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:11 am

Nah. In my mind it's an absolutely, awfully, completely ****** thing that we've been knocked out of a major cup competition by a lower division team who completely outplayed us.

I cant be happy about that, I can't see the positives in that. We played poorly and that has got to be the worst own goal ever conceeded - to do that on a bog of a pitch - in your own 6 yard box - shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the game.

Maybe tommorrow I'll be more rational, tonight Im just ****** off.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:41 am

im angry as well, but ill think ill try that traore turn next time i play five a side
109-1105722616

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:45 am

lakes10 wrote:think of all the liverpool fans that whent to that game tonight and spent money on it and had a hard time getting to the game... rafa should come out and say sorry and give them the money back

???  :glare: 
You better go and support Bolton Lakes as you obviously hate Rafa, and wish for Big sam to be our manager :glare: .
the tight b@stard wont even cough up a penny for Diouf and you want him to manage our club ???  :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:48 am

that game was one of the easiest aways, i know there was traffic problems but its normally only 45 minutes away(or so me mate says)
109-1105722616

Postby mistyred » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:51 am

Lynds you must admit that game was an absolute shocker.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:53 am

what happened in the game?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bakes40 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:14 am

welsh wizzard, are you off your head, we were pathetic, raffa no respect for f.a cup. we love f.a cup, can you tell me a better feeling than when owen scored the winner against arsenal, wise up fella
bakes40

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:17 am

bakes40 wrote:welsh wizzard, are you off your head, we were pathetic, raffa no respect for f.a cup. we love f.a cup, can you tell me a better feeling than when owen scored the winner against arsenal, wise up fella

when me bird sticks a finger up me bum before i jizz

what do you reckon, although owens goal does come close
Last edited by 109-1105722616 on Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
109-1105722616

Postby el_stinger » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:26 am

The money is in Champions League now. The only cup that is worth competing for is the FA Cup. No other country aims to win their own countries cup. The French, Spanish, Italian, German cups are of no priority when compared to the European Cups. I think its time to put our priorities where they should lie, and first and foremost, the league title should be first on the agenda, then the Champions League. Any other competition should be thought about later, and our strengths should be directed towards these two premier competitions.
So what if Rafa used youngsters who were somewhat inexperienced in cup competitions, they gain experience from it, while the senior players aim for the main priorities of what the club should strive for.
Simply FA and Carling Cups are "mickey mouse cups" and have no significance to what clubs should strive to win. Although the FA cup is significant because of its history, they don't get you into Europe's premier competition. And ok, its nice to win the Cups here and there, and yes, I was cheering out of my head when Owen scored the winner's against the Scum, but, I would have been off my nuts if he did it in Europe's premier competition. It would mean we competed against the best of the best, and that's what we should be prioritising.
So what if the young players play in second tier cup ties. Get over it.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:25 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
lakes10 wrote:think of all the liverpool fans that whent to that game tonight and spent money on it and had a hard time getting to the game... rafa should come out and say sorry and give them the money back

???  :glare: 
You better go and support Bolton Lakes as you obviously hate Rafa, and wish for Big sam to be our manager :glare: .
the tight b@stard wont even cough up a penny for Diouf and you want him to manage our club ???  :angry:

i agree with u... from every topic i go u.. i seems that lakes10 is making rafa a useless manager... please leave .. lakes10 .. and maybe come back when rafa retires from liverpool .. and that will take tens of years later..

support your manager if u are a true fan...if not.. F*** Off
Alonso_Rulz

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:55 am

It's just the nature of the game right now that finishing in the top four and getting into the Champion's League is the priority and everything else is marginalised. The money is just too important to worry about anything else.

Once the FA Cup was worth a lot, it was about pride and tradition, now it's just a extra few games that Liverpool don't need. The same goes for the Carling Cup, but we've got all the way to the semi's so we may as well go for it.

I feel sick saying this, but the only thing Liverpool need to concern themselves with for the next few seasons while Rafa rebuilds the squad is fourth place and going as far as we can in the CL. Chelsea are on a different level right now with all the money they've got. Man Utd and Arsenal will fight it out for second for a few seasons while we get our sh*t together and Fergie and Wenger will continue this gay lovers quarrel that they seem to enjoy so much. Eventually and hopefully, if money is spent wisely, we may be able to compete without bankrupting ourselves trying to compete with Russian Mafia FC.

Until then, Liverpool have to sacrifice cups like the FA and Carling (next season) or just play a reserve team and see how far they get. If they do well, then that's great. If they get knocked out, then f*ck it, it's the way it is. Since the CL came about, all domestic cup competitions have been less attractive to the bigger clubs. It's just the reality of football right now in Europe.

:glare:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:17 am

manhattan project is right the top 4 is all that matters and getting the right investment but we cant wait forever i feel for rafa he,s not been given the funds he needs, things are so bad at the moment we are praying for a 19 yer old keeper to sign for us, and i realy hope we get carson as i have no faith at all in dudek and i hate to say that because i like the guy, i could go on for hours about the funds, the power battle on the board, gerrard, the last thing im going to say is that morientez will be the difference that will put us in 4th place but it wont be easy, get ready for a bloody battle with us and spurs for that important 4th spot with everton lurking just behind.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion