Why we should be above man united - + VIDEO TECHNOLOGY DEBATE

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:18 pm

Ridiculous decisions all the time?

No, not always.

As for Riley...well, as I've expressed before, he is a bad referee and ask the majority United fans, they will say that they don't like him.

He should not be able to referee big matches but there you go. And against Arsenal, he denied us a blatant penalty later in the game, just because he gave us one earlier. The whole Rooney incident maybe wasn't a penalty but you could say it kind of evened up. As for those penalties he awarded us earlier at OT...well, some of them were penalties...others were arguable.

But every week we see blatant refereeing mistakes...just happens that ours get highlighted more!

Do you actually believe what you are writing here?

The decisions you get in favour of your side are beyond rediculous sometimes. I will never forget that Barnsley game, when GAY Neville shagged his brother... i mean sorry... Chopped one of there players in half with a knee high tackle and missed the ball completely by about 30 yards and the ref simply failed to spot it.

As for evening out, you honestly believe Arsenal wouldn't have kicked ur ****** if that dosey ****** didn't give you a penalty? Did you even see Shreks dive? I wish he'd drop dead the little fat t******, i hate him more than Cantona. As for yours gettin highlighted, ITS EVERY GAME! your teams a ****** joke.
115-1073096938

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:27 pm

stu_the_red wrote:I will never forget that Barnsley game, when GAY Neville shagged his brother... i mean sorry...

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:18 pm

look at that goal aggainst spurs that went bhind the goal line the ref was to scared to allow the gaol:angry: :angry:
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm

Good post.
115-1073096938

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:17 pm

stu y dnt u jus keep off my back alright god i aint done anything 2 u hav i 4f**k sake
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby supersub » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:40 pm

well football is about facts and opinions......

Is Riley's biased performances at Old Trafford fact or just an opinion?
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:13 am

For and against video referreeing...(my POV)

Before the introduction of technology and "Cyclops", we often see players questioning line calls at tennis matches (it still exists but not as frequent as before)...remember the antics from Connors and McEnroe? That was tennis at its prime and made my day basking in the sushine at Wimbledon more enjoyable. Nowadays, tennis matches can be a bit boring in a sense, and I do miss those line call arguments. :D

Back to football...today, football is no longer just a simple game you and me grew up with. It is a multi-billion £ business (from the shareholders down to those who run the clubs to those of us who hand over our money at William Hill or Coral), and big money could be won or loss with one incompetent decision by the referee. And with inconsistent and incompetent refereeing standard as witness over the past years, it is inevitable that (some form of) technology being introduced to take out some of those uncertainties. Misjudgement, human errors, incompetent or just plain bias on the part of the referees should not interfere with the results of a football match. Tactic, luck, team work and skills should not be compromised by the men wearing black (or green) who will try hard to raise their own profile.

Two side of arguments really but I am FOR the introduction of technology into the game...

BTW. stu I agree with you. UEFA ƒcuked up big time opening the CL to teams not winning their respective league, and thus downgraded the prestige of UEFA cup but like I said above, football is a billion £ business and decisions are made from purely the financial point of view. Sad really...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:22 am

stu_the_red wrote:I'm sick to death of all this change nonense. The idiots at the top have already devalued the Uefa cup (probably the hardest trophy to win before all this stupid ****** change was brought in) and scrapped the cup winners cup.

The cup winners cup should be brought back, the onlly teams ALLOWED in the champions league should be the champions and compitition winners. There should be no video refs either.

Agree with all these sentiments ...posted a thread about this back in the days of black and white telly and when we all wore caps and shouted "hoorah"! when we scored.

It's not champions league ..it's also rans plus the champions of a few leagues.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:37 am

The thing is, as much as I myself would like to see a return to the old format, the current format has been pushed by the big clubs, the G14, and our own club is a member of that group.

6 or 7 years ago the UEFA Cup was a very prestigious trophy to win.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 77-1099054247 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:59 pm

-Liverpool at home- Ruud should have got penalty for clear foul by Hyypia
-Arsenal at home-Ronaldo denied a penalty
-Man City(h)-Denied two penalties
-Spurs (A) Denied a penalty
-Spurs (H)Could have had a penalty

ETC...
77-1099054247

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:41 pm

You're having a ****** laugh?

I saw ALL of those decisions and they weren't even worth an appeal unless of course you're at old trafford.

United fans make me laugh. You seem to think decisions go against you. You wanna try watching the ones we get against us.

That Rooney penalty and the knee high stamp by RvN in one game... they won you the match. Clearly.

Against Liverpool you scored from a free kick which should have been a throw in and a corner which was a goal kick. Again they won you the match.

But of course, being a manc, you're used to this sort of garbage.
115-1073096938

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:19 pm

I am not totally against the introduction of this technology, but refereeing mistakes are something that give the game a large amount of its passion. Having said that some sort of gizmo that tells you whether or not the ball is in the goal or not would work but its use must be limited.
They have the third umpire in cricket - and now it is used constantly as the umpires have started relying on it. Football is a game that relies on flow and exitement - we dont need stoppages which will only make things boring.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 77-1099054247 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:59 pm

stu_the_red wrote:You're having a ****** laugh?

I saw ALL of those decisions and they weren't even worth an appeal unless of course you're at old trafford.

United fans make me laugh. You seem to think decisions go against you. You wanna try watching the ones we get against us.

That Rooney penalty and the knee high stamp by RvN in one game... they won you the match. Clearly.

Well, thats your 'scouse' opinion...

You may disagree about the rest, and you would, but even Gerrard stated in the game against Arsenal, with that whole Ronaldo situation, we should have been awared one!

But then again, you would disagree...typical...!
77-1099054247

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:13 pm

The Ronaldo one happened AFTER van Nistlerooy should have been sent off and AFTER that cheating fat little shrek took a dive.

You think the game would have panned out the same had the ref had any balls?

Yeah right :laugh:

Your teams an absoloute disgrace. If i played against Neville i wouldn't be able to resist breaking both of his legs.
115-1073096938

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion