Debate i was having

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby murphy0151 » Mon May 17, 2004 8:42 am

In work the other night I was haven a debate with one off the lads about Liverpool.  The lad use to go all the time but cant afford it no more.  So hes knocked it in the head.  Anyway we got on the subject off Salif Diao.  The lad in work called him everything under the sun.   I said to hang on a minute mate with a decent run in the team I think he could be laffn in our team.  Just think for a minute, when has he had say 5-10 full games back to back.  He hasnt, hes had little cammio roles in right back centre back and a few rare appearence's in the centre off the park. His natural postion. 

I cant see him getting a decent run in the team unless the unthinkable happened to the legend Stevie G. Salif would surprise you all!!!!!!!

I know am probably the only one on here to think this but I dont give a ******.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Mon May 17, 2004 8:52 am

The lad isn't too bad but like you say he hasn't had a run in the team apart from when Houllier played him out of position alongside Hyypia, he works quite hard but I'm still unsure until I see him in midfield and playing a few games.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 17, 2004 8:59 am

I thought Diao was outstanding in the world cup . I can't uderstand why Foolier having bought him has not given the guy a real go. Like you I feel he is a talent that could do a job for us if given the chance to play a few games on the bounce in his preferred position.:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:07 am

There was a game in the Champions League last season, when Liverpool beat Spartak Moscow 3 - 1 in Russia, Owen scoring a hat-trick, we all remember the one.

I remember watching the game on television.  I remember Salif Diao having probably his best game for Liverpool.  I was singing his praises for days afterwards, telling everybody we had an absolute gem.  Behind Owen, he was our man of the match that night.  He's a completely different player now.  When he gets a game, it seems like he goes missing, looks scared of the ball and looks slow.

Probably just a confidence problem.  Who knows though?
jonnymac1979

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:22 am

one thing si for sure, we cant sell him, theres no point.
He'll proove his worth next season i hope. but Steveie and Hamman are looking good ni teh centre so its hard to see where. Who knows but we'll keep hold of him and he'll show what he can do
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon May 17, 2004 9:33 am

It's typical Houllier, he buys a player for a lot of money and if they have a bad game or get injured he drops them and they don't play for Liverpool again and we sell them for peanuts.  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon May 17, 2004 10:12 am

With you on that, but I think he is gone Murf.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daddyo » Mon May 17, 2004 11:02 am

He aint bad-really he aint. Good enough? Not quite sure. But he does need a run in the team to enable an opinion worthwhile to be formed.

Methinks there are others in the squad we should release before him.
daddyo

Postby murphy0151 » Mon May 17, 2004 3:39 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:With you on that, but I think he is gone Murf.

He come out a few weeks back didint he and said, he wants to stay next season and show the fans he's not sh**te basically. 

Hamann will be into the last year off his contract at the beggingin off next season.   I havnt heard anything about his contract getting renewed.

SAlif is only 24 i think, So its going to be one off the two who will be off this summer.  I know Hamann is better know but he is getting on now I think we might be best selling Hamann and getting youngscouse blood in.   Lets not forget John Welsh in the reserves, he is well capable off playing in Hammans role.  An theres also the romuour about Joey Barton another scouser, I know he was blue boy but so was Fowler RUsh OWen an CAra.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby madred » Mon May 17, 2004 4:41 pm

Good post Daddyo. I have been quick to criticise Salif Diao but he never really got a good run in the side.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Mon May 17, 2004 4:50 pm

Who are you calling daddyo plums :D
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby madred » Mon May 17, 2004 4:58 pm

Sorry Murphy! Credit to ya mate! Totally agree with you about Salif!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:30 pm

breaking news on the liverpool website.

St Etienne are prepared to offer Salif Diao an escape route from his Liverpool misery. 

The Senegal midfielder has struggled to establish himself on Anfield since being signed from Sedan by former Reds manager Gerard Houllier.

Diao barely featured last season but constantly proclaimed his desire to remain part of the Liverpool set-up.

However, Ligue 1 new boys St Etienne are ready to hand Diao the chance to resurrect his career back in France.

Recently appointed St Etienne coach Elie Baup is an admirer of Diao's industrious talent and is believed to be preparing a bid for the 27-year-old.

But Baup may have to bide his time before landing Diao as the African wants to wait to see who is appointed Liverpool's new manager.

???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:49 pm

Still think Diao hasn't been given sufficient chance to establish himself with us. Can anyone remember how many games on the bounce he's had ? :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:06 pm

about equal to biscan.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion