Ibraimovic & bowditch on way? - Surprise players linked.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:34 am

Bruno Zidane! wrote:Bowditch is a left winger and i heard a while back that was a done deal, ive been very impressed with him everytime ive seen ipswich play and i think he will be a great buy plus hes only 18 so the prospects for this lad are huge....Id rather we got him than any one else cos i reckon hes gonna be top class, we only have Kewell and warnock left wing at the moment ( although riises been playing there but there is no one he can be considered an out and out winger).
Trust me we will be very happy people if we get Bowditch.

i thought Bowditch was a striker  ???
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lili » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:04 pm

As i have said on another post guys we don't need another youngster in January we need someone with experience next to Baros and Mellor and so on. i haven'r seen this Bowditch play either but i know most of you guys have probably played and wathed the game most of your lives like myself so i will trust your judgement on those of you that say he is good so if we can get him cheap why not but like i said experience in January its the only part of the park we don,t have it.
lili

Postby JC_81 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:33 pm

Ferguson wouldnt get near the liverpool first team barring injuries.
Never seen Bowditch play so cant comment.
Ibrahimovic wouldnt score enough goals - another Heskey/Diouf.

It has to be Morientes in Jan!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:35 pm

Woollyback wrote:
Jaffaohyeah wrote:It,s all speculation till January, and all speculation does is confuse and rattle. So lets be patient till then !

Just noticed Jaffohyeah joined in Feb2004 and just made his first post 9 months later. No wonder he's advocating patience! :D

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Macca » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:50 pm

Quote (Macca @ Nov. 19 2004,17:34)
Does anyone watch italian football?
Has Ibrahimovic been getting his game?

I watch it everyweek.

Yes he is playing regualrly and is playing better and better and scoring.

God knows where these stories come from that he he not playing well.

I cant see this rumour being true at all, why would Juve get rid of a top striker when they are league contenders and are still in the champions league
Last thing they want to to is let a striker go, they could end up like Liverpool at the moment
Macca

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:31 am

Well after the loss, you can expect more players to be linked with us. Here 1 of them. I don't think it will happen though esp anelka. City will surely want 15 million plus for him right. Anybody know anything about Malaga midfielder Juanito ?

http://www.koptalk.org/forums....1

Imminent transfer news

Early indications suggest that Sunday's newspapers will claim that Liverpool are interested in signing Manchester City striker Nicholas Anelka (£8million), Malaga midfielder Juanito and Real Madrid's Fernando Morientes. Stephane Henchoz continues to be linked with Charlton (£1million).
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:36 am

The_Rock wrote:Anybody know anything about Malaga midfielder Juanito ?

Yeah apparently he is a midfielder who plays for Malaga, you wanna ask Josemi he prob knows everything about him ( I mean chances are he has seen him in the shower and everything)
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:23 pm

:D
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:25 pm

More transfer rumours. I would take anelka back. 8 million seems reasonable although man city bought him for 11 million & will prob want to recoup most of that.

http://www.liverpool-mad.co.uk/news....=189356

Rafael Benitez is set to make an £8million bid for Nicolas Anelka according to the Sunday papers.

With Milan Baros and Djibril Cisse injured, and Michael Owen, Emile Heskey and El Hadji Diouf shipped out Benitez has to struggle with Florent Sinama Pongolle and Neil Mellor as his only strikers in the squad.

Luis Garcia and Harry Kewell led the front line at Middlesbrough, but were ineffective, leaving Benitez with no choice but to make a move for a new striker when the transfer window reopens in January.

Anelka would be a welcome signing by many fans who believe he wasn't given the opportunity under Gerard Houllier two seasons ago.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:37 pm

Another set of transfer rumours. Can't help but notice that robbie keane value is 7 million. I think he would be a great signing for us. Would prefer him to anelka. Plus he is a boy-hood liverpool fan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4029489.stm

The gossip column 
All the latest gossip from Saturday's newspapers.

Saturday's gossip
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is aiming to replace Ryan Giggs with Real Madrid midfielder Santiago Solari in the summer. (Various)

Manchester rivals City are set for a £40m takeover in the New Year through Norwegian shipping magnate Inge Steensland. (Sunday Express)

Chelsea have moved to the front of the queue to sign Brazilian ace Robinho. The club have jumped a march on Real Madrid for the £14m star. (News of the World)

David Beckham has refused to open talks over a new deal with Real Madrid until the end of the season. (News of the World)

Liverpool are keeping a close eye on Malaga's Juanito after the midfielder called off fresh contract talks with the La Liga club. (Sunday Mirror)

But any hopes of signing Barry Ferguson look to have been quashed by the club's current striker crisis. (Sunday Mirror)

Arsene Wenger could offer Emmanuel Petit a return to Highbury on a short-term deal. The player has been training with the club. (Daily Star on Sunday)

Wenger also looks set to be boosted by news that Edu looks on course to sign a new contract with Arsenal. He is out of contract in the summer. (Various)

Middlesbrough are preparing a £3m bid to bring Norwich goalkeeper Robert Green to the Riverside in the New Year. He is being lined up as Mark Schwarzer is looking increasingly likely to leave the club. (Various)

Boro boss Steve McClaren is also being tempted with another foray into the transfer market for Ghanian international midfielder Derek Boateng. (Various)

Everton boss David Moyes has not given up his interest in Porto striker Benni McCarthy. He will most likely cost the majority of the £10m available to Moyes. (Various)

Moyes are also in interested in Tottenham front man Robbie Keane. Spurs have slapped a £7m price tag on his head. (Daily Star on Sunday)

Graeme Souness has given up hope of signing Chelsea midfielder Damien Duff. Instead he will sign three defenders. (News of the World)

Defensive target Jean-Alain Boumsong, however, won't be one of Souness' signings, insisting he would rather stay at Rangers instead. (Daily Star on Sunday)

One who may be on the way to St James' Park is Belgian international centre-half Daniel van Buyten. He previously tried to sign him for Blackburn Rovers. (The People)

Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock has his sights set on Garry Doherty after failing to sign Liverpool striker Neil Mellor. (Sunday Mirror)

Tottenham are planning to dip into the January transfer market by signing Portsmouth striker Yakubu and Dutch international midfielder Mark van Bommel. (Sunday Mirror)

A goalkeeping battle is on for the services of Fulham stopper Edwin van der Sar between Premiership rivals Arsenal and Manchester United. (Sunday Mirror)

Harry Redknapp will finally quit Portsmouth next week in the wake of his spat with chairman Milan Mandaric. (News of the World)

Four English clubs are battling for the services of Belgian goalkeeper Silvio Proto. The quartet in question targeting the £4m-rated player are Newcastle, Aston Villa, West Ham and Portsmouth. (News of the World)

Liverpool are to off-load Stephane Henchoz to Charlton and then use the £1m as extra collateral to lure Fernando Morientes to the club. (News of the World)

Former Tottenham boss Jacques Santini could make an immediate return to football management with Lens or Marseille. (Daily Star on Sunday)

Liverpool are going to make an official bid for Manchester City striker Nicholas Anelka in the New Year. The player is likely to cost £8m. (Daily Star on Sunday)

Olivier Bernard wants a staggering £8m to re-sign for Newcastle. (Daily Star on Sunday)

Leeds want to sign Crystal Palace midfielder Sean Derry for the bargain price of £250,000. (The People)

Lomana LuaLua is ready to turn his back on Portsmouth next year and instead make a move to French side Monaco. (The People)
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion