Dean signs for january! - Bowditch in shock move.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spiralstairs00 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:50 pm

Rafa Benitez will sign Ipswich Town star striker Dean Bowditch for £3.5 million in the January transfer window. Bowditch had agreed to join Liverpool this summer only to be scuppered by the will he, will he not contract negotiations with Owen. Benitez has apparently been a fan of Bowditch since his Valencia days, after seeing him play in last seasons 3-1 win in a pre season friendly & wanted him as soon as he joined as manager two months ago. This move answers questions over our lack of getting a replacement for the Real Madrid bound Owen. Bowditch a powerfull Shearer type center forward has reportedly fallen out with Ipswich's chairman over the preposed move in recent weeks & Liverpool had asked about a loan upto the window in January last week! Teamtalk.com
spiralstairs00

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:04 pm

Interesting if true, i've saw him play a ouple of times and liked what i saw. Good thinker, can finish and link up with other players well. Not seen him live, so i don't know if he's premiership class... but if Rafa thinks so why not?
115-1073096938

Postby laza » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:19 pm

Ispwich chairman seems to have a different view also from teamtalk

Bowditch not joining Reds - Ipswich

Ipswich chairman David Sheepshanks has blasted reports claiming star striker Dean Bowditch is on his way to Liverpool.

Furious Sheepshanks, who has dismissed the speculation as "poppycock", reckons the claims are "dangerously close to inciting the fans".

"It infuriates me to read some of this reporting," Sheepshanks said.

"We all understand speculation sells newspapers, it's the way of the world, but some of it has been dangerously close to inciting the fans to feel decisions are being made against the best interests of the team. It's total rubbish.

"I know we've had the nightmare of relegation and everything that has gone with it, but actually we're trying very hard to put things right and so far, so good," he told the club's official website.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion