Lfc linked with all players - I don't know who to believe

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:49 pm

I can't wait to see which players we are going to buy, but since we have been crowned as the new European Champions, almost all players available on the market seem to be linked to Liverpool, e.g:

Luis Figo(Real)....Bolo Zenden(M'Boro)....Modeste M'Bami(PSG)....Dirk Kuyt(Feyenoord)...Jose Reina(Villareal)...Peter Crouch(S'oton)...Andy Johnson(Crystal Palace)...Marek Mintal(Slovakia)...Owen Hargreaves(Bayern Munich)....Yossi Benayoun(Israel)...Mohamed Shawky(Egypt)....Gabriel Milito(Real Zaragoza)...Stelios Giannakopoulos(Bolton Wanderers)...Pablo Aimar(Valencia).

I'm happy to see all those great stars mentioned but just wandering how many will come to anfield. I would have liked to have Juventus striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the squad , but i guess that would prove costly.

With the likes of Baros, Dudek, Kirlkland, Smicer, Pellegrino, etc... on the move we are certain of seeing quality players next season at anfield and in transfer matters i have a lot of confidence in Rafael Benitez but i don't really know where to listen as we seem to be linked to so many players.

I hope Miquel Roque will be a great star !
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:59 pm

the local paper in liverpool, the echo, is usually very reliable when it comes to transfers and to be honest is probably the best newspaper in the whole country in that respect. if it splashes all over its back pages that we are after a certain player you can say with a lot of certainty is probably true.
yesterday it said liverpool where going to sign peter crouch.
the local radio station - radio merseyside- has also a excellent reputation for accuracy regarding transfers and it stated that rafa had been in touch with zenden as he is out of contract in july and is able to move on a free. it quoted zendens dad who also said liverpool want to sign his son.
now as far as i am concerned these are the only two rumours from sources that are usually pretty accurate so i tend to believe them. the rest is just speculation up to this point.
but all you people hoping for big names just relax, its going to be a long summer and maybe rafa is just picking up two decent squad players whilst the opportunity is there.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:33 pm

In my opinion Reina has already been signed, it's a done deal. He may not had the best of games against Barcelona rescently but he's been solid for Villareal this year, and he has said that he will be arriving soon (also talked about how much an ispiration LFC is to him).

I am not quite excited about us signing Zenden, same goes for Crouch however under Rafa I think Crouch could become a usefull player but Zenden I'm not entirely sure.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mighty mo » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:45 pm

i have never rated zendan,his final ball is not that good from what i saw when he played at barca,at boro he certainly improved but i think rafa should go for vicente at valencia he would be awesome at liverpool ,lightening quick and great delivery from left side.raina has been great this season and ousted canivares from the  goalkeeper second spot in the spanish squad,and now hot on the heels of cassilas for the number one jersey.:D
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:48 pm

Reina seems pretty confident but if he does end up here hopefully he'll be able to walk the walk.

'If I end up signing for Liverpool it is because they want to sign me and want me to play,'  'The question of starting places is for the boss.

'You have to earn your place. I am going there to work and to win my place - and win over the fans.'

Reina helped Villarreal finish third in La Liga last season and admitted: 'It has been a tremendous year. I think I have completed a chapter, a very important period in my career at Villarreal.

'But ask any player and they say the most important thing is to keep improving both in terms of ability and finances.

'I have to be patient to see the talks come to fruition but I am not having any trouble sleeping at night. I am very relaxed about it all. Just playing for Liverpool will be good enough for me.'
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby matt74 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:15 pm

so long as Traore goes i think we will improve no matter who we sign!
:D
“If you are in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put
it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” Bob Paisley
matt74

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:32 pm

matt74 wrote:so long as Traore goes i think we will improve no matter who we sign!
:D

??? News for you pal, Traores going to sign a 4 year deal.
And Crouch and Zenden maybe smoke screens for better players coming in. That Reina is our second signing along with Miquel Roque  since the transfer window opened, once rafa is back from Madrid, and the Internationals are over we will see some more activity of whos coming and whos leaving.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:45 pm

News for you pal, Traores going to sign a 4 year deal.

So what? He's no world class player however with the injuries we've had we need a descent back up, he's signed a four year deal but will he be first choice? Probably not.

Left-back is not his natural position, it's CB and that makes him a versatile defender we can use when our others are suspended,injured,etc.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:49 pm

A.B. wrote:
News for you pal, Traores going to sign a 4 year deal.

So what? He's no world class player however with the injuries we've had we need a descent back up, he's signed a four year deal but will he be first choice? Probably not.

Left-back is not his natural position, it's CB and that makes him a versatile defender we can use when our others are suspended,injured,etc.

A.B. I like Djimi and Im glad hes staying as back up, I wasnt being sarcastic lad :p
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:15 pm

.B. I like Djimi and Im glad hes staying as back up, I wasnt being sarcastic lad

Couldn't tell, the smiley threw me off. :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:34 am

the Roque signing if it indeed happens sounds very encouraging to me. Wenger has been excellent in spotting young french talents, even Spanish like Cesc Fabreags who is a brilliant player - only 17 as well. Hopefully Rafa can do something similar, and Roque will be the start of this.  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:43 pm

Im baffled as to why we are going to sell baros, and supposedly replace him with lanky peter crouch?

i doubt you would find better quality than baros, and im surpised he's off.

thing is, the likes of Ibrahimovich for Juve, or maybe kaka, from Milan, Figo, Raul, or a few others of similar calibre seem unlikely to come to LFC, you have to bear in mind that Chelsea have set a new standard, and those are the sort of players we need to challenge for the league these days.

Andy Johnson, SWP, Crouch, Zenden, and the likes.........forget it!
:help
65-1114725958

Postby A.B. » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:18 pm

Who said Crouch was going to replace Baros? How are you drawing that conclusion? If I remember correctly we had five strikers injured this season, all at the same time.

If we were to sign Crouch who says that he will start ahead of Morientes and Cisse? ???
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:18 pm

i doubt you would find better quality than baros, and im surpised he's off.

Quality for his country mostly, for this club no. 13 goals in 40 some games is a bad record for a striker, midfielders have scored more goals than that this season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:53 pm

.. it was bound to happen... as European Champions.. and the Boss' grt reputation.. Alonso, Gerrard, Morientes and Carragher all here.. we are gonna be inked with the world and his wife..

.....just watch the official site.. LFc.tv have a transfers tracker page..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion