Liverpool v Spurs

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 05, 2024 6:17 pm

Santa » Sun May 05, 2024 5:09 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun May 05, 2024 5:03 pm wrote:Nice of the team turn up when there is nothing to play for.

I'm not sure I've ever been so angry to see us thrash a team.

Apparently some of the players are only "on fire" when talking to press...not on the field  :no

I'm honestly fuming.

Spineless that some of our players are showing up now the pressure is off.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun May 05, 2024 6:31 pm

7_Kewell » Sun May 05, 2024 5:17 pm wrote:
Santa » Sun May 05, 2024 5:09 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun May 05, 2024 5:03 pm wrote:Nice of the team turn up when there is nothing to play for.

I'm not sure I've ever been so angry to see us thrash a team.

Apparently some of the players are only "on fire" when talking to press...not on the field  :no

I'm honestly fuming.

Spineless that some of our players are showing up now the pressure is off.

I don't think we can say the defence turned up today. Another couple of sloppy goals conceded. Asleep.
Imagine if Klopp had Son instead of Nunez, eh? I know he wanted him at one time.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun May 05, 2024 6:33 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun May 05, 2024 4:12 pm wrote:Elliott has not made one fookin decent pass. Useless

Some comedian gave Elliott MOTM.
Granted it was a sweet strike. Ok and yes, egg on face, nice pass for Gakpo. But his all round play isn't good enough, imo
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 05, 2024 7:02 pm

Good win, although the season has petered out in disappointing fashion at least we finished in the top 3. Before a ball was kicked many were tipping us to miss out on CL football given the exodus of senior pro’s from the club and the rise of outfits like Newcastle and Chelsea
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 06, 2024 12:24 am

I absolutely love when we beat spurs. Their fans are just sickening to listen to. Bit pi$$Ed off though that we decide to show up when it didn't really matter. Performances like that where needed weeks ago.

Elliot imo isn't good enough but you can see he works hard and has done all season. I think the goal got him MOTM today as didn't think he stood out otherwise. Salah had a bit more go in him and got on the sheet but should have had more. Midfield are just a pushover and easy to play through. It was good to see Bajectic come on as he won a few tackles and possession back a couple of times. Disappointed we conceded 2 but think we got a little lax with the lead and dropped our guard.

CL qualification sewn up and a cup in the bag is a decent achievement for the season. Any of us would have taken that pre season but no one would have picked that cup  :laugh:  What's disappointing is that we where up there all season and then meltdown. All of a sudden its out of the FA cup, drop points in the league then out of Europe and back to more point dropping in the league. Plenty to be optimistic about anyway but we do need a few signings.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 07, 2024 8:48 am

We played a front line of Diaz, Gakpo and Mo. That ain't a league winning combination....

We need a significant rethink and to some extent rebuild however the problem is we now lose the manager and the bootroom so none of the incoming coaches will have first hand experience of the issues which will delay us a 12 months in making the necessary changes?  Let's hope Michael Edwards' team - armed with the data will make the decision to ship some out and bring in suitable replacements regardless of who's coaching.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games