Man City dominance

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:24 am

damjan193 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:46 pm wrote:It's too late from our point of view. Even if they do get the right punishment (which I doubt, they'll likely pay a fine and be done with it or points taken off them for this season only at best) and if the titles that should have been rightly ours get taken away from them and be given to us, it just wont be the same and we'll also never hear the end of it from rival fans about the titles that we were gifted.

City should have been punished long ago, in fact they should have never been allowed to become the abomination that they are now in the first place.

A few of their titles were gifted by highly suspect refereeing decisions. Maybe the PL should check into their own dealings or they did find out and using this to get to them without hurting their brand. Too many big decisions went City’s way when they needed it and in was too many to be random acts of luck.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:59 pm

Oh yeah, I remember all that, I wouldn't shut up about it both on this forum and with my mates, City had a lot of decisions going their way for them to be a coincidence. But unfortunately the damage is already done and even taking the titles away from them and giving them to us wont fix that. Nobody will ever acknowledge them and we will only have them on paper.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun May 28, 2023 1:42 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:05 am

A good read that Mate but I wouldn't say they are the only ones at it. Red Bull have been doing it for years and we ourselves have let Redbird in who own bits of other clubs.

It's the rules that's the problem and the will to tighten them up is non existent. They also seem to fall apart when challenged in court. It's corrupt to the core.  How many Ivan Toneys are playing in that league as well and truth is mate I wouldn't say we know the half of it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:24 pm

Soo they finally win UCL, was expected to happen one day. When City win I've noticed you hardly give a shyte. If it was United it would be different. Inter played well and should've scored.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:02 pm

Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:14 am

redshade wrote:Soo they finally win UCL, was expected to happen one day. When City win I've noticed you hardly give a shyte. If it was United it would be different. Inter played well and should've scored.

It didn't bother me who won it Mate and it wasn't the land slide most thought it would be. We don't have the same rivalry with them as we do with Manure.  I certainly dont cheer either to success. They spend vast fortunes on players just like Chelsea and hire top managers but it doesn't guarantee trophies.

They have been flouting FFP by sneaking money in and have been doing it for years but UEFA couldn't stop them and the Prem took an eternity to act. I'd love it if they got stripped of the titles for those years but it wont happen. Thats what should happen if your found to be cheating. In the meantime Newcastle just signs a new shirt deal for 5 times more that the last one with a Saudi PIF funded company. Its a joke is what it is but not the fault of the players or fans.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:11 am

When they went to the court of arbitration against UEFA they brought the best lawyers money can  buy, in essence they out spent UEFA just like they have done with everything else, I am not surprised the best lawyers in the world found a “loophole”. It is what a rich sheik with a country’s money behind him will do. Now hopefully the PL will have learned by what they saw but at the end of the day all they will do is impose financial penalties because that is all the PL stands for. It won’t be justice, it will only be profit, and City will not care one bit because it’s not their money to burn.

I think that UEFA will try to bring in some kind of salary cap as the PL is all dominant right now and the European clubs probably see how much money is in the PL and know they wouldn’t compete. I think that will help clubs that are self sustainable like Liverpool because without it we will not be able to compete.

Football has become the plaything for ultra billionaires that probably have no concept of working man values.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:37 pm

The horse has bolted on nation state ownership of clubs and the power they have and will exert over football stakeholders. Abu Dhabi at City, Saudi and Newcastle, and increasingly it's looking like Qatar at Man Utd. I mean it was the Saudi government who put pressure on the UK government to help push through the deal for Newcastle and there was £20-30 billon of foreign investment they were threaten to withdraw. Abu Dhabi said they would rather spend tens of millions of pounds on lawyers and legal proceedings than accept a ban by UEFA. Honestly, I don't think the Premier League and UEFA can really do much against the sort of power and wealth they are up against and they will inevitably be under pressure to keep accommodating the wishes of these countries.
Eagle

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion