Man City dominance

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Wed May 11, 2022 7:44 pm

Having the ability to recruit any top players and buy titles is easy for them. We all know how hard it is to compete with these lot in the league. You have to be almost flawless when you battle it out with them.

Just wondering what do you guys make of Haaland signing? How do you think he will fit in? I've watched Haalaan bits here and there but don't follow him fully. Unsure how he will fit in their system, he definitely isn't an Aguero type though.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:36 pm

He doesn't look like the sort of player who'd have trouble fitting in any system, especially in a team like Man City. They'll be more or less unstoppable with him IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed May 11, 2022 9:28 pm

So basically target as usual every season close to 100 points, this league is becoming extremely hard to win!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu May 12, 2022 4:52 am

I think we underestimate the role that Fernandinho plays, he always comes in and bails them out when they have injuries. He’s been doing it for a while.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 13, 2022 2:45 pm

It will be interesting to see how City set up with Haaland next season. I personally think City are so imposing because the manager sets his team up to dominate possession and this works so efficiently because basically he crams his team with midfielders who are all technically excellent and comfortable with the ball ,they rarely lose possession by shunting the ball up to a striker. I think the introduction of Haaland may also introduce more risk into their game and this maybe seen as sour grapes but I've watched a fair amount of Haaland and his link up play isn't the best ,but there's no denying he's an instinctive finisher.

I mean you only have to watch how many times Salah gifts the ball to the opposition and leaves us open to the counter to know playing that way leaves you open to risk and Haaland's not as blessed in terms of dribbling as Salah. I think Cities manager will have his work cut out for him adapting his team to play to his strengths because it will certainly deplete the amount of possession they enjoy.

Man United finished second last season under Solskaer and then this season they introduced Ronaldo thus undermining the influence Rashford had on their flanks and hampering the effectiveness of Fernandez as their resident playmaker and midfield architect. Chelsea bought Lukaku and became so one dimensional that its rare now for Tuchel to start him ,let alone even play him at all.

Like I said it will be interesting to see what happens ,but its a big task for any manager to ask his players to suddenly play a completely different way ,obviously he will think its worth the risk as they attempt to go all out for the Champions League ,but as we all know the Champions League isn't the Premier League and top European managers will already be devising plans to quell Haalands contribution by fair means or foul.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat May 14, 2022 12:33 pm

As you say, City seem to play with a bunch of midfielders…. Small agile and quick so putting a traditional striker how ever good he is at finishing will weaken that press. I also don’t think he will get the time he does in Germany so nothing is a given. By only claiming he will cost 50 million there is no pressure on him even though he will cost them about 300 million, crazy how they can keep getting away with it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue May 17, 2022 2:12 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 24, 2022 8:17 pm

:D  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:17 am

So guys what you make of the beast Halaand so far???

Freak of nature imo and has shown his the difference when City need bailing out. I hate it that they have him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:59 pm

I think it's evidently clear City are gonna run away with the league. They look leaky at the back, but will always score 3 or more goals going forward. Haaland looks ridiculously good.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:12 pm

Even if they bought a decent striker they still would dominate, however Haaland is a complete different beast isn't he. I knew he would score a lot but didn't think he would slaughter the Epl.

From our experience only way to challenge City is by aiming for close to 100 points.

I can't see Spurs or Arsenal challenging till the end.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:01 am

Manchester City charged with breaking financial rules by Premier League - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64536785
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:22 pm

I doubt F all will happen them mate other than a fine. By right they should have points deducted for each season they were found to be cheating. If the deduction means they get stripped of any titles then so be it.

It's what should happen but it won't.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:46 pm

It's too late from our point of view. Even if they do get the right punishment (which I doubt, they'll likely pay a fine and be done with it or points taken off them for this season only at best) and if the titles that should have been rightly ours get taken away from them and be given to us, it just wont be the same and we'll also never hear the end of it from rival fans about the titles that we were gifted.

City should have been punished long ago, in fact they should have never been allowed to become the abomination that they are now in the first place.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion