Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:30 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:54 pm wrote:The bare facts are we are conducting our transfers the same way we always have. It’s not going to change and it’s a method that has shown to be successfully

The club will always spend what money it makes and that includes players being sold that are not required

We aren’t going to spend beyond the means and going to continue to trust Edwards and Klopp to do the great work that have already done

I don’t care who UTD or City buy

FSG should care who City and United buy, exciting signings will help those clubs attract those next-gen fans in the Far East who our owners seem so enamoured with.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:30 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:54 pm wrote:The bare facts are we are conducting our transfers the same way we always have. It’s not going to change and it’s a method that has shown to be successfully

The club will always spend what money it makes and that includes players being sold that are not required

We aren’t going to spend beyond the means and going to continue to trust Edwards and Klopp to do the great work that have already done

I don’t care who UTD or City buy

FSG should care who City and United buy, exciting signings will help those clubs attract those next-gen fans in the Far East who our owners seem so enamoured with.

FSG will only care about the players the manager wants to fit into his team

As for players to just attract fans - here is an example , who would you prefer Pogba or Fabinho for example

Pogba has earned Man Utd millions off the field hence why they are prob going to extend because of the level of off the field money he brings in due to marketing - yet he has contributed f*ck all on the pitch

The club will buy players for what they do on the pitch not for what they bring in off the field. If they are the right player than they will become the world star - if you want to have some proof of that then look at the likes of Mo , Mane etc - the right players the manager wanted
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:09 pm

I agree that this transfer window won’t be any different to before. While this way of conducting business frustrates me at times, it is amazing when you think about it that it’s resulted in 2 massive trophies. However....how often does a manager like klopp come along, who has the skills to nurture a group of players into continually punching above their weight? I think with slightly less frugalness we’d have the potential, with this management, to be successful on a more consistent basis. At the same time, I get the philosophy....spunking major cash on players upsets the balance, and when it doesn’t go to plan, as is often the case (see United), stability is compromised - people lose their jobs and everything reverts to square one. United lost many years of progress like this which is why they’re now trying to imitate our business model. So yeah, I see both sides of the argument, but imo we’re leaning more towards the direction of being too ‘safe’ with our transfer policy.
Franky000

Postby Eagle » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:21 pm

In the last year we have spent £45mil on a backup forward and £35mil on a 4th choice CB. Hardly frugal.

Our rivals haven't signed anyone while we've bought in Konate for £35mil without "selling to buy", and despite the season only ending a few weeks ago, and yet people have the huff! Unbelievable!
Eagle

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:30 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:10 pm wrote:

Respected sources are saying Sancho to United is pretty much a done deal, Kane looks almost certain to be at City next year (I actually hope it is Kane they sign and not Harland) and we are scrambling around looking for cut price bargains.

Yakka, Sancho is unproven and is not going to transform United or cover up OGS's lack of ability.
Kane will not improve City, he'll just be a change in style.
Klopp has to decide whether the Mo, Bobby, Mane formation has run its course, but if he thinks not, we'll continue with the 3 of them + Jota.
The Midfield need looking at with Hendo, Milly, Thiago and Gini 30 years old or more. Spice up the MF and it extends the life of the forward trio.

Klopps problem is not today, it starts next season.
Hendo and Thiago have 2 seasons of top quality left so this has to be Milly's last season.
Bobby turns 30 in early October, Mo turns 29 in June and and Mane turns 30 next April.
Come the end of next season, basically 6 of our first team MF/attack will be 30.
International sides can cherry pick the best older, experienced players and put them in a single side, but clubs can't rely on these formations every week!

So this isn't about buying one player because to reinforce the squad, LFC need to do some serious succession planning!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:36 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:03 pm wrote:
Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:15 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:14 am wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FoRLw-d1VAQ

I know its youtube but have to say that Daka lad looks a player. Strong, fast and decisive. Whether he can translate that to the prem is another question but he looks a proper striker.

I think if we’re buying someone based on performances in the 10th best league in Europe who isn’t a 17 year old wonderkid like Haaland, it’s more of a punt at a sensible price. Below are the only signings we’ve made from outside of the “big five” leagues in the last 5 years or so.

Tsimikas – up to £11,7500,00
Minamino – up to 7,250,000
Grujic – up to £5,100,000
van den Berg – up to £4,400,000
Davies – up to £1,600,000

And unlike Daka, both Tsimikas and Minamino had done well in Europe. A figure of £17mil keeps being mentioned for Daka so he might be worth a punt at that price as a replacement for Origi but even that might be a stretch. TBH if he has any sense he won’t try and make the jump up from the Austrian league to England straight away and instead be angling for a move to Dortmund or Leipzig who will both need a striker this summer.

I would be rating him on the attributes I seen in the few vids I watched. I think he shows a natural talent in a lot of the stuff he does and that kind of instinct cant be coached .
If he moves to another league and continues as he has then his price will balloon out of our reach just like Haaland.  For less than 20 million he is well worth a shot even if we end up loaning him.

The problem from trying to jump from the 11th ranked league to the 1st ranked league in Europe is that you are jumping a development phase. He won't be given a season or two to develop and bridge the gap. If he's that off then he simply won't be given game time in matches that matter because we can't afford to carry passengers. At a certain price I'm sure it's worth a punt as a replacement for Origi but it really is a punt just like Minamino.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:42 pm

I do agree with a lot of your points CHL but I just think this lad is the real deal. 
As you say if he had a few bad games it would hamper his chances but he is miles ahead in development compared to Solanke or Brewster. We were willing to give them a shot. I know the fees are different but so is the quality. 20 million in today's market is a relatively low fee as well.

He is much better than Origi as well who has imo shown zero desire to force his way into the team or impress when he does get a chance. Minamino was never going to make it here or in this league. He just cant take a tackle in any form. The point is that we dont care anymore where we pull players from. Second division in a poorer league and I can even remember us offering a lad a trial a few years back. Even Konate when you think about it. Hasnt played a lot in 2 years so how could they have done any scouting or even see him play consistently for a few games. Only 19 and we handed out 35 on him . He is a much bigger risk than Daka for me.

There is plenty of players in the prem who are conning a living at a level they shouldn't be at. In that vid there is numerous instances where he is at full pelt with 2 or 3 lads dogging him and he still maintains control and scores. Most of them are placed too. He is a proper threat.  Haaland was far from perfect 2 years ago but you knew he was going to make it. I really think Daka has the potential to be a top player and chances are we will probably sign some kid this window anyway. May as well be him imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:17 pm

With Origi and Grujic not at the Euros I'm hoping their agents will be able find moves for them before pre-season. Wilson and Shaqiri are both at the Euros so will probably have to wait. There is anything between 40-60mil in it for us if these 4 can find a move.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:48 am

I am hoping their moves are already sorted  :nod .
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:28 am

What a signing Daka will be he is some option to bring off the bench and another massive option to rotate across the front 3. Solid midfielder now for Winy and we are ready to take that title back.
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:39 pm

As soon as it looked like Gini would be leaving and not being offered a new contract.. I thought Tielemans would be a perfect replacement. He's similar size, build, and has the same work ethic.

I'm glad the club also see this and he's being heavily linked this week. I heard Leicester were keen on Naby so if we can do a Swap + cash deal for Youri then it would be a win for both teams.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:04 pm

I honestly don't think we would have signed Thiago if Gini had signed a contract last summer. We normally go in with 7 midfielders but last season we went in with 8 and one less CB. Lovren out and Thiago in despite Gini staying and Jones stepping into Lallana's place. Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho will be our first choice midfield next year. Jones will get even more game time and we'll see a lot more Ox with a proper CB partnership. Milner proves himself to be useful asset year after year. Keita is the issue really. Ideally he moves on and we buy a replacement but I'm not sure who is realistically going to take him considering his injury record.

Klopp has gone on record more than once saying that with the instability at CB he didn't want to rotate in midfield and at fullback. With problems at CB clearing up we should see a lot more of the likes of Ox, Jones and Tsimikas.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:21 am

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:39 pm wrote:As soon as it looked like Gini would be leaving and not being offered a new contract.. I thought Tielemans would be a perfect replacement. He's similar size, build, and has the same work ethic.

I'm glad the club also see this and he's being heavily linked this week. I heard Leicester were keen on Naby so if we can do a Swap + cash deal for Youri then it would be a win for both teams.

Tielemans would be a great signing, however, Leicester bought him for a big fee so they'll likely not let him go for anything less than £50m, probably more. So if we want to sign that sort of player we'll need to sell some first. Basically, if we want to sign the likes of Tielemans, Daka etc, we'll need to sell the likes of Origi, Shaqiri, Keita etc. to raise the funds. We won't be bringing in anymore players if we can't sell the deadwood IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:07 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:21 pm

As usual the red top rags are linking us to all sorts of players to sell newspapers and get clicks (Tielemans, Raphinha, Lorenzo Pellegrini, Daka, Mbappe, Sterling, Fabio Vieira, Bissouma, Vlahovic, Neuhaus, etc). So I think with the next signing we make, the name will only appear in the media shortly before it happens just like Fabinho, Jota, etc. Although the one that might have legs is Raphinha as some of the noise is apparently coming from local journalists in Leeds.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill