Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Wed May 26, 2021 5:43 am

Sakho has fallen out with the players he plays with in every team which now includes Crystal Palace. Too much ego and too much personality with a  mistake in every match. Best thing we did was dump him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed May 26, 2021 7:38 am

If we get Konate I really hope we don't regret it, a high likely chance of Matip M2.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu May 27, 2021 7:49 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 27, 2021 10:11 am

Good signing, if true.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 27, 2021 10:20 am

Cool Hand Luke » Tue May 25, 2021 4:11 pm wrote: We do have 7 midfield options (Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, Ox, Keita, Milner and Jones) so not sure how much of a priority midfield is unless we can find a buyer for Keita or Ox asks to leave for first team football.

Not sure how many of those midfielders will make it through the season without some significant time out.  Hendo, Ox and Keita all seem prone to injury. Milner isn't getting any younger and Thiago, despite his skill, can't tackle a wet tissue.  IMO we definitely need to reinforce our midfield.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 27, 2021 1:46 pm

woof woof ! » Thu May 27, 2021 9:20 am wrote:
Cool Hand Luke » Tue May 25, 2021 4:11 pm wrote: We do have 7 midfield options (Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, Ox, Keita, Milner and Jones) so not sure how much of a priority midfield is unless we can find a buyer for Keita or Ox asks to leave for first team football.

Not sure how many of those midfielders will make it through the season without some significant time out.  Hendo, Ox and Keita all seem prone to injury. Milner isn't getting any younger and Thiago, despite his skill, can't tackle a wet tissue.  IMO we definitely need to reinforce our midfield.

To be fair to Thiago despite his diminutive stature he gets stuck in, granted he gives away a lot of free kicks but for a flair player he’s certainly not scared to put his foot in. I agree with your general premise though Woof I think our midfield does need strengthening.
At one point our entire midfield consisted of nothing but yeoman types but now with Thiago, Jones and AOC in there and the fact Milly and Hendo are over 30 and Gini’s gone I think we could probably do with some younger legs in our engine room, I’d like to see us sign someone who can get about the pitch and break things up but is still good enough on the ball to contribute when we go forward (Bissouma or Ndidi maybe?)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 27, 2021 2:20 pm

That Bissouma lad is pretty defensive Yakka so I wouldnt be expecting him to be splitting teams apart or scoring goals. He would be more sideways than forwards imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 27, 2021 2:46 pm

Definitely need an Ndidi type of player to replace Gini, I think that should be priority in this transfer window, even a bigger one than signing a CB. Speaking of CB, I'm not keen on this Konate lad at all, definitely not for the price reported at least. Has hardly played for Leipzig in the past 2 years, when did we even scout him properly?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 27, 2021 4:23 pm

red till i die!! » Thu May 27, 2021 1:20 pm wrote:That Bissouma lad is pretty defensive Yakka so I wouldnt be expecting him to be splitting teams apart or scoring goals. He would be more sideways than forwards imo.

Yeah sorry mate I worded that wrong when I say contribute going forward I wasn’t talking about goals and assists etc I mean he shouldn’t be embarrassed by the ball i.e he should be able to play a bit.
I suppose a bit like Gini himself, he didn’t weigh in with loads of goals or assists but he had enough ability on the ball to take part in passing moves and to extricate himself from tricky situations if they arose. That type of thing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 27, 2021 4:36 pm

damjan193 » Thu May 27, 2021 1:46 pm wrote:Definitely need an Ndidi type of player to replace Gini, I think that should be priority in this transfer window, even a bigger one than signing a CB. Speaking of CB, I'm not keen on this Konate lad at all, definitely not for the price reported at least. Has hardly played for Leipzig in the past 2 years, when did we even scout him properly?

Yeah just like Hendo played the role of ‘Gerrard’s legs’ if you like in 13/14 id like to see someone play the same role for Thiago. I know Thiago will be 30 by the time next season starts but I’d build a team around him, the fella is class.
As for this Konate lad I know absolutely nothing about him in fact as far as I know I’ve never even seen him play so I can’t really comment.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 27, 2021 6:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu May 27, 2021 1:20 pm wrote:That Bissouma lad is pretty defensive Yakka so I wouldnt be expecting him to be splitting teams apart or scoring goals. He would be more sideways than forwards imo.

Yeah sorry mate I worded that wrong when I say contribute going forward I wasn’t talking about goals and assists etc I mean he shouldn’t be embarrassed by the ball i.e he should be able to play a bit.
I suppose a bit like Gini himself, he didn’t weigh in with loads of goals or assists but he had enough ability on the ball to take part in passing moves and to extricate himself from tricky situations if they arose. That type of thing.

At this level I reckon they can all hold on to the ball and slot into a possession based system. The problem for us is that the midfield already contributes very little in the goal stakes and run out of ideas when up against a low block. Our front 3 need the ball placed on their foot everytime because they get lost in the crowd so signing an engine like Gini wont improve our fortunes against that setup.

I dont mean to come across as against us signing the lad either but we have to change how we play because the others wont. 

We wont make many signings so its crucial what we do sign makes a difference. It's pointless if we sign say, Konate and he ends up injured or Bissouma and klopp plays Milner all the time. We are past the point imo of just adding bodies and need to go further by signing players who will make a difference.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 27, 2021 6:45 pm

damjan193 » Thu May 27, 2021 2:46 pm wrote:Definitely need an Ndidi type of player to replace Gini, I think that should be priority in this transfer window, even a bigger one than signing a CB. Speaking of CB, I'm not keen on this Konate lad at all, definitely not for the price reported at least. Has hardly played for Leipzig in the past 2 years, when did we even scout him properly?

Fifa 19 Mate  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu May 27, 2021 7:38 pm

We should try and sign Houssem Aouar.. class player who contributes with assists/goals from midfield. De Bruyne was impressed with him when Lyon played City in the UCL with Aouar getting the better of KDB on the day.

He's at a cut price of £25m because Lyon failed to qualify for the Champions league.. and he's only 22 aswell.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu May 27, 2021 9:50 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Thu May 27, 2021 6:38 pm wrote:We should try and sign Houssem Aouar.. class player who contributes with assists/goals from midfield. De Bruyne was impressed with him when Lyon played City in the UCL with Aouar getting the better of KDB on the day.

He's at a cut price of £25m because Lyon failed to qualify for the Champions league.. and he's only 22 aswell.

Not sure on Aouar. He's been playing regular football for one of the best sides in France for 4 seasons and his highest goal tally in a league season is 7 and the same number for assists. For a guy who plays either as an attacking mid or in attack it's not particularly exciting. He seems like one of those players who has an agent who is very good and linking him to top clubs every summer. But no one has ever taken the plunge on him. Did look good in the Champions League last season though.
Eagle

Postby devaney » Fri May 28, 2021 10:01 am

Looks as if Konate is nailed on at circa £36m. Just hope he can handle the Premiership.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext