Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:14 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FoRLw-d1VAQ

I know its youtube but have to say that Daka lad looks a player. Strong, fast and decisive. Whether he can translate that to the prem is another question but he looks a proper striker.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:57 am

red till i die!! » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:13 am wrote:I'd be worried with a smaller squad because that will mean no respite for the players. It will also mean that we can only compete on 1 or 2 fronts. The difference in our wages to citys is very little but they can challenge for everything but we can barely manage two. Fantastic management on our part and you can certainly see the benefits of having a company who is entrenched in world sports

FSG wont care either if all that lot sat here till they got a bosman because it doesnt cost them a single penny.  If any of this money was coming from their own pockets it wouldnt be happening. Amortisation is a more expensive way of handling the costs of players so they couldnt give a toss if the club loses out or not. The valuations on the flops are ridiculous to begin with but yet somehow it's better financial sense to let them walk for free rather than take a bit of a loss. They would rather lose it all because it makes better sense somehow.

Amortisation has no bearing on how much clubs pay for a player. It’s just an accounting treatment that clubs use to help manage FFF and is widely used. Clubs do not fully expense transfer fees in the account in the year a player is purchased, but instead write-off the cost evenly over the length of the player’s contract via player amortisation. So if a player is purchased for £30m on a 5-year contract, the annual amortisation in the accounts is £6m, i.e. £30m divided by 5 years.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:15 am

red till i die!! » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:14 am wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FoRLw-d1VAQ

I know its youtube but have to say that Daka lad looks a player. Strong, fast and decisive. Whether he can translate that to the prem is another question but he looks a proper striker.

I think if we’re buying someone based on performances in the 10th best league in Europe who isn’t a 17 year old wonderkid like Haaland, it’s more of a punt at a sensible price. Below are the only signings we’ve made from outside of the “big five” leagues in the last 5 years or so.

Tsimikas – up to £11,7500,00
Minamino – up to 7,250,000
Grujic – up to £5,100,000
van den Berg – up to £4,400,000
Davies – up to £1,600,000

And unlike Daka, both Tsimikas and Minamino had done well in Europe. A figure of £17mil keeps being mentioned for Daka so he might be worth a punt at that price as a replacement for Origi but even that might be a stretch. TBH if he has any sense he won’t try and make the jump up from the Austrian league to England straight away and instead be angling for a move to Dortmund or Leipzig who will both need a striker this summer.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:18 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:13 am wrote:Looks like Trent is out of the Euro’s, should be back in time for preseason though.

So frustrating and worse than going to the Euros. Instead of chilling out on a sun lounger or taking it easy on the bench for England, he'll be spending the off-season doing rehab at Kirkby which is not any sort of break really.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:24 am

Nothing solid but a bit of chatter about Raphinha of Leeds. Can't really say I've seen much of him but 6 goals and 9 assists is a respectable output from 26 starts and 4 sub appearances for your first season in England. Especially for a club that just got promoted to the PL.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:42 pm

red till i die!! » Mon May 31, 2021 3:51 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:I’d still like us to get Saint-Maximim, although Werner didn’t score yesterday right from the outset his pace definately unsettled City’s defence. Quick players attract covering defenders/midfielders which opens up space for other players as well, they just cause chaos in a backline.

Delighted we didnt get Werner in the end Yakka. Watched him loads of times this season and while he has frightening pace he doesnt have the control, touch or composure to match.

It's like having Moreno as a 9  :laugh:

I remember saying as much myself mate after watching YouTube clips of the lad back when we were originally linked with him, instead of finding the corners of the net Robbie Fowler style a lot of his goals seemed to be hit straight down the keepers throat but they’d somehow squirm through. My point still stands about pace though, City went into that game full of confidence but Werner (for all his faults) definitely unsettled them, City’s backline were scrambling around and throwing themselves into last ditch tackles and blocks etc where against most teams the likes of Diaz, Walker and Stones would have their pipe and slippers out. I’d love us to sign a Saint-Maxim type, a club of our size and stature should have at least one player of that ilk in our squad, someone who can come off the bench and change a game, most of the time we make a sub nothing seems to happen.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:54 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:13 am wrote:I'd be worried with a smaller squad because that will mean no respite for the players. It will also mean that we can only compete on 1 or 2 fronts. The difference in our wages to citys is very little but they can challenge for everything but we can barely manage two. Fantastic management on our part and you can certainly see the benefits of having a company who is entrenched in world sports

FSG wont care either if all that lot sat here till they got a bosman because it doesnt cost them a single penny.  If any of this money was coming from their own pockets it wouldnt be happening. Amortisation is a more expensive way of handling the costs of players so they couldnt give a toss if the club loses out or not. The valuations on the flops are ridiculous to begin with but yet somehow it's better financial sense to let them walk for free rather than take a bit of a loss. They would rather lose it all because it makes better sense somehow.

Amortisation has no bearing on how much clubs pay for a player. It’s just an accounting treatment that clubs use to help manage FFF and is widely used. Clubs do not fully expense transfer fees in the account in the year a player is purchased, but instead write-off the cost evenly over the length of the player’s contract via player amortisation. So if a player is purchased for £30m on a 5-year contract, the annual amortisation in the accounts is £6m, i.e. £30m divided by 5 years.

Your right Mate.

I read an article a while back where they were talking about the other costs associated with it like loan fee to buy the player and the expensing of under performing / injured players.  The gist of it was that yearly things look better but over time it cost more than just expensing the full amount in the season the player was bought.

I will have a look to see if I can find it and post a link.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:03 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:15 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:14 am wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FoRLw-d1VAQ

I think if we’re buying someone based on performances in the 10th best league in Europe who isn’t a 17 year old wonderkid like Haaland, it’s more of a punt at a sensible price. Below are the only signings we’ve made from outside of the “big five” leagues in the last 5 years or so.

Tsimikas – up to £11,7500,00
Minamino – up to 7,250,000
Grujic – up to £5,100,000
van den Berg – up to £4,400,000
Davies – up to £1,600,000

And unlike Daka, both Tsimikas and Minamino had done well in Europe. A figure of £17mil keeps being mentioned for Daka so he might be worth a punt at that price as a replacement for Origi but even that might be a stretch. TBH if he has any sense he won’t try and make the jump up from the Austrian league to England straight away and instead be angling for a move to Dortmund or Leipzig who will both need a striker this summer.

I would be rating him on the attributes I seen in the few vids I watched. I think he shows a natural talent in a lot of the stuff he does and that kind of instinct cant be coached .
If he moves to another league and continues as he has then his price will balloon out of our reach just like Haaland.  For less than 20 million he is well worth a shot even if we end up loaning him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:11 am

It's gonna be so hard to move on the deadwood. Players like Origi, Shaqiri, Naby are all on astronomical wages that most clubs won't be able to match. The danger then is they'll do what Bale is doing at Madrid and just run out their contracts.

I've read a report quoting that we need to make up money from selling players to raise funds to buy players. If that's the case, then its gonna be ANOTHER quiet transfer window.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:10 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:11 am wrote:It's gonna be so hard to move on the deadwood. Players like Origi, Shaqiri, Naby are all on astronomical wages that most clubs won't be able to match. The danger then is they'll do what Bale is doing at Madrid and just run out their contracts.

I've read a report quoting that we need to make up money from selling players to raise funds to buy players. If that's the case, then its gonna be ANOTHER quiet transfer window.

To be fair when has it ever been any different? The only time we splash the cash is when we cash in on our best player (Torres/Suarez/Coutinho etc).
Respected sources are saying Sancho to United is pretty much a done deal, Kane looks almost certain to be at City next year (I actually hope it is Kane they sign and not Harland) and we are scrambling around looking for cut price bargains.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:33 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:11 am wrote:It's gonna be so hard to move on the deadwood. Players like Origi, Shaqiri, Naby are all on astronomical wages that most clubs won't be able to match. The danger then is they'll do what Bale is doing at Madrid and just run out their contracts.

The club work on a self sustaining model , spending the money it makes on income and that will include any funds raised from selling players no longer required or who want to leave - its no different than any other year and it’s goinf to be a juggling of figures because of the pandemic
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:10 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:11 am wrote:It's gonna be so hard to move on the deadwood. Players like Origi, Shaqiri, Naby are all on astronomical wages that most clubs won't be able to match. The danger then is they'll do what Bale is doing at Madrid and just run out their contracts.

To be fair when has it ever been any different? The only time we splash the cash is when we cash in on our best player (Torres/Suarez/Coutinho etc).
Respected sources are saying Sancho to United is pretty much a done deal, Kane looks almost certain to be at City next year (I actually hope it is Kane they sign and not Harland) and we are scrambling around looking for cut price bargains.

So another summer has of doom and gloom then
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:00 pm

Eagle » Sun May 16, 2021 11:43 am wrote:I'm guessing we'll get Konate wrapped up and announced soon after the season ends or soon after the end of the U21s Euro. And then it will be tumbleweed until August while we wait for clubs to come in for our players and Copa America and the Euros to end. Expecting the usual fume from our fans over June and July!

The usual suspects have started even earlier than I thought!
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:27 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:34 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:10 pm wrote:

So another summer has of doom and gloom then

That’s the truth, call it doom and gloom etc and describe it however you want but those are the bare facts.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:54 pm

The bare facts are we are conducting our transfers the same way we always have. It’s not going to change and it’s a method that has shown to be successfully

The club will always spend what money it makes and that includes players being sold that are not required

We aren’t going to spend beyond the means and going to continue to trust Edwards and Klopp to do the great work that have already done

I don’t care who UTD or City buy
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill