Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Franky000 » Fri May 28, 2021 6:08 pm

I'm probably being a tad optimistic in expecting us to add an extra full back to the ranks this summer..... that position is vital for the way we play, but surely trent and robbo can't play every game for another season. Not sure what's going on with Tsimikas....
Last edited by Franky000 on Sat May 29, 2021 12:14 am, edited 6 times in total.
Franky000

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri May 28, 2021 10:02 pm

devaney » Fri May 28, 2021 9:01 am wrote:Looks as if Konate is nailed on at circa £36m. Just hope he can handle the Premiership.

He's a big fella. 6 foot 4 and 95kg (15 stone). He's going to be a monster.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 29, 2021 6:48 pm

Just reading on the echo there that we arent targeting a new midfielder to replace Gini but will instead focus on renewing some contracts  :laugh:

Anyone willing to bet against us actually making money this summer :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat May 29, 2021 7:39 pm

red till i die!! » Sat May 29, 2021 5:48 pm wrote:Just reading on the echo there that we arent targeting a new midfielder to replace Gini but will instead focus on renewing some contracts  :laugh:

Anyone willing to bet against us actually making money this summer :eyebrow

I’d be surprised if we didn’t buy a midfielder. We have lost Gini, Milner will not get as many games, Hendo, Keita and Ox ere injured more than not. Even with the emergence of Jones I still think we need one Gini style midfielder. I do think Tielemans would be a good option.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 30, 2021 1:10 pm

I’d still like us to get Saint-Maximim, although Werner didn’t score yesterday right from the outset his pace definately unsettled City’s defence. Quick players attract covering defenders/midfielders which opens up space for other players as well, they just cause chaos in a backline.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 30, 2021 2:59 pm

I'd like to see us being in Neto from wolves. He's only 21 and would slot into our attack.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon May 31, 2021 4:39 am

Liverpool are reportedly interested in signing RB Salzburg star Patson Daka
He scored 27 goals in 28 games last season

From the Echo
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 31, 2021 6:41 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 30, 2021 8:10 pm wrote:I’d still like us to get Saint-Maximim, although Werner didn’t score yesterday right from the outset his pace definately unsettled City’s defence. Quick players attract covering defenders/midfielders which opens up space for other players as well, they just cause chaos in a backline.

Quick passing is far faster than quick running though Yakka.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 31, 2021 6:55 am

kazza » Mon May 31, 2021 11:39 am wrote:Liverpool are reportedly interested in signing RB Salzburg star Patson Daka
He scored 27 goals in 28 games last season

From the Echo

You can't put any credence on anything in the Echo any more.

The Echo's official circulation is 23,414 whereas The Beano is 45,644.   Speaks volumes...   :laugh:  :laugh:

https://www.abc.org.uk/Certificates/49968785.pdf
https://www.abc.org.uk/Certificates/49925962.pdf
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 31, 2021 4:51 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:I’d still like us to get Saint-Maximim, although Werner didn’t score yesterday right from the outset his pace definately unsettled City’s defence. Quick players attract covering defenders/midfielders which opens up space for other players as well, they just cause chaos in a backline.

Delighted we didnt get Werner in the end Yakka. Watched him loads of times this season and while he has frightening pace he doesnt have the control, touch or composure to match.

It's like having Moreno as a 9  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:20 pm

I think we can rule out signing the Mbappes/Haalands this summer. As much as I'd love either I think we're looking for more affordable players who's playing under the radar.

I'm excited by the Patson Daka rumours I think he'd be a very good signing especially for £17m.

Then we are being linked with Raphina from Leeds who had a decent first season in the prem.. he'd be more expensive. I think leeds want £32m.

I think if we have Mane, Salah, Bobby, Jota, Daka and Raphina I think that would be the strongest attack in the league.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:24 am

The fringe players contribute so little this season despite the great need. Minamino, Keita, Shaq, Ox, The Greek, Neco Williams, Origi etc..

With a smaller squad we could focus transfer funds and wages on getting 3-4 class players as proper back up. Rhys and Phillips have shown that senior academy lads can stand in when necessary and we know there are some good lads coming through so lets get rid of the deadwood and try to improve the quality of the squad. The above players are such a colossal waste of wages: a million a week?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:13 am

I'd be worried with a smaller squad because that will mean no respite for the players. It will also mean that we can only compete on 1 or 2 fronts. The difference in our wages to citys is very little but they can challenge for everything but we can barely manage two. Fantastic management on our part and you can certainly see the benefits of having a company who is entrenched in world sports

FSG wont care either if all that lot sat here till they got a bosman because it doesnt cost them a single penny.  If any of this money was coming from their own pockets it wouldnt be happening. Amortisation is a more expensive way of handling the costs of players so they couldnt give a toss if the club loses out or not. The valuations on the flops are ridiculous to begin with but yet somehow it's better financial sense to let them walk for free rather than take a bit of a loss. They would rather lose it all because it makes better sense somehow.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:13 am

Looks like Trent is out of the Euro’s, should be back in time for preseason though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill