Ajax v LIVERPOOL CL Wed 21st Oct 8.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:43 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:35 pm wrote:Everytime the ball goes near Adrian my blood pressure doubles...

Yes, Allison can’t come back soon enough for me.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:44 pm

Ajax is throwing their kitchen sink at us now...replacing their defenders with forwards
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:54 pm

Not our best, but a win is a win. 1-0 will just do it for us

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:54 pm

Bludy hell my heart was in my mouth when Adrian fumbled then
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:55 pm

What a weird, scrappy game. We could/should have created far more chances, given the space our forwards had in the second half.

Adrian is garbage though. And I can see why Shaq can't get a game, he was very poor too.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:56 pm

Scrappy but it’s the result that counts, well done lads
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:58 pm

Fabinho and Robbo massive, Jota exciting. Adrian scares me at time

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:08 pm

Unless Klopp wakes up and tells Adrian to NEVER play the ball with his feet, we're screwed....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:23 pm

Only caught the last 20 mins live and had to watch highlights later. I was following on the beeb and expecting a howler from Adrian to gift them a goal, I have to say. Which he almost did twice.
Great three points against a quality side, one or two in their lot I'd love to have. It's amazing the conveyor belt of quality players they always seem to produce.
Hopefully nobody injured.
One thing I was impressed with was Klopp's decision to sub the front three and make a statement. If you're not performing, somebody else is just going to take your place
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:06 am

We need to get Alisson and Thiago back as soon as possible.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:18 am

An ugly win for sure but feck it.

Fabinho is world class. Another excellent performance tonight. Massive player for us.
Delighted to see klopp haul off the front 3 but think he should have left jones on and subbed Milner instead.  Ali cant come back quick enough.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:18 am

Ajax harried us for the first 45 minutes like Villa did but then run out of energy allowing us to take control. Taking of Mo, Bobby and Mane wasn't a big thing, it's the 5th time Klopp has taken all off in a single game and Jota and Minimino did a good job. Shaq has no presence so struggled but he could have scored on the break.

Fab, Robbo, Hendo, great games, Gini, TAA, Adrian all played to par, Jones struggled badly and ran around behind or off the ball. Didn't cause anyone problems throughout the game which is disappointing. Gomez will gain confidence playing with Fab, he just needs game time. First time I've seen Rhys Williams (he played Spike didn't he?!) however the first thing I noticed was he lollops along exactly like VVD... for the short time he was on, the lad looked confident and did well so a big well done.

Overall a great result, hard work but we got the reward. Onwards and upwards.

3 massive points considering the upcoming games congestion, it takes pressure off us and you might see some rotation next week against Midgetlland to allow the EPL games to be contested with our reduced squad.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:17 am

Not vintage but 3 points and a clean sheet in one of the harder away games in the group is job done.

I feel a bit for our defenders as it’s become a bit of a theme that opposition teams find it easy to play through us and get the ball in between the lines. The midfield wasn’t really working in the first half and we only really seemed to get control of the game when we replaced the entire front 3. Ajax found it far more difficult to get to our defence once Jota, Minamino and Shaq came on with fresh legs and pressed them.

Gomez and Fabinho were strong at the back and Robbo was a real threat going forward. Minamino was bright when he came on and Jota looks a perfect fit for us.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:20 pm

A good start for the CPL and the goal was due to Mane's full endeavour he played well and he was marked closely, as for other useless twin Firmino & Salah were Sh*t and as usual, I was gald they were replaced by Minamino & Jota who both were very effective and nearly scored.

Fabinho, Robbo, were excellent, and you add Gomez to them as well.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:34 pm

It was an ugly win but an important one as it was our first game since VVD's injury, and keeping a clean sheet was just as important to boost our confidence that we can still defend without him(although the substitute forwards were the ones that did most of the defending in the second half IMO).

Despite the fact that this Ajax team is far weaker than the one that reached the semis two seasons ago, winning away against one of the rivals for the top spot in our group should be another major confidence boost for us, as we rarely win away games in CL group stages in recent seasons.

All in all, a bit nervy first game with Virgil missing (and a few other key players were out as well), but a good result at the end.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games