JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:08 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:36 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:40 pm wrote:I had a quick read back over the past two years and read some of the stuff people said about him - quite amusing some of the stuff

“Not fit to be Liverpool captain “

“Should give the Armband up “

Not good enough for a top 6 side

Never win any league with him being in the team

Not a natural footballer

I did see that the same people posting all this ***** disappeared when they were proven wrong

Hendo has shoved all those doubters words back down people’s throats and he has shown himself to be more than worthy to be a Liverpool captain to lift the league and the CL

at the time those comments were put they were all true. He was punching in this team but he turned it around and look what hard work does. No need to drag it up though, it was what i was back then and nobody likes a 'told you so' post. Just enjoy the moment - no need to out people for the past posts.

:nod  Did anybody think that when Balotelli bossed "captain" Hendo over who was gonna take the penalty against Besikatis that Hendo was "Captain" materiel ?
I, along with many others didn't, of course there's always the odd "know it all" who years later professes to have always believed in him and can't wait to tell the rest of us all how wrong we were !
(I guess that makes him feel better about himself)

Fair play to Hendo, he matured and his self belief grew. Turned himself into a more than good player and a decent captain BUT deffo not un-replaceable

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:44 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:08 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:36 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:40 pm wrote:I had a quick read back over the past two years and read some of the stuff people said about him - quite amusing some of the stuff

“Not fit to be Liverpool captain “

“Should give the Armband up “

Not good enough for a top 6 side

Never win any league with him being in the team

Not a natural footballer

I did see that the same people posting all this ***** disappeared when they were proven wrong

Hendo has shoved all those doubters words back down people’s throats and he has shown himself to be more than worthy to be a Liverpool captain to lift the league and the CL

at the time those comments were put they were all true. He was punching in this team but he turned it around and look what hard work does. No need to drag it up though, it was what i was back then and nobody likes a 'told you so' post. Just enjoy the moment - no need to out people for the past posts.

:nod  Did anybody think that when Balotelli bossed "captain" Hendo over who was gonna take the penalty against Besikatis that Hendo was "Captain" materiel ?
I, along with many others didn't, of course there's always the odd "know it all" who years later professes to have always believed in him and can't wait to tell the rest of us all how wrong we were !
(I guess that makes him feel better about himself)

Fair play to Hendo, he matured and his self belief grew. Turned himself into a more than good player and a decent captain BUT deffo not un-replaceable

:D don’t ever change Woof

And some were always of the belief that he was more than good enough and a worth Captain of the club - where as some just love to have someone to slate within the team
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:55 am

The difference between blind faith and hope on one hand and knowledge and understanding on the other is massive. There were those who defended Hendo simply because he was captain of LFC and therefore should be accepted and respected as such. There were those who said that because Klopp had given in the armband we should trust that he knew what he was talking about and therefore Hendo was captain for a reason and should be above criticism.
Hendo's road to acceptance and even adulation from supporters and the football world in general has been a long and hard one with many mistakes and fu'ck ups along the way, so to now say that he was always going to become the player he is and that it was inevitable is complete bullsh'it. I would be shocked if he has any bo'llocks left as he has had to work them off to become what he is now to what he was even two seasons ago, such is the improvement. He has gotten rid of (most) of his ineptitude, hesitation and lack of self confidence which dragged him back so many times. He has finally assumed the mantle of leader, which he found so overwhelming for so long.
Credit to Klopp for having faith and giving him time to mature and grow into the role, but more credit to Hendo to realise what he had to do, and more crucially what he had NOT to do to make himself the captain he has become.
As the great poet and philosopher Harry Callaghan once said:
"A man's got to know his limitations..."
:bowdown
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:52 am

Thommo's perm » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:55 am wrote:The difference between blind faith and hope on one hand and knowledge and understanding on the other is massive. There were those who defended Hendo simply because he was captain of LFC and therefore should be accepted and respected as such. There were those who said that because Klopp had given in the armband we should trust that he knew what he was talking about and therefore Hendo was captain for a reason and should be above criticism.
Hendo's road to acceptance and even adulation from supporters and the football world in general has been a long and hard one with many mistakes and fu'ck ups along the way, so to now say that he was always going to become the player he is and that it was inevitable is complete bullsh'it. I would be shocked if he has any bo'llocks left as he has had to work them off to become what he is now to what he was even two seasons ago, such is the improvement. He has gotten rid of (most) of his ineptitude, hesitation and lack of self confidence which dragged him back so many times. He has finally assumed the mantle of leader, which he found so overwhelming for so long.
Credit to Klopp for having faith and giving him time to mature and grow into the role, but more credit to Hendo to realise what he had to do, and more crucially what he had NOT to do to make himself the captain he has become.

Good post
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:36 pm

Personally I don't think he improved that much as a player but I can't fault him for the role as captain. He has progressed far more in that area than he has as a player imo.
Fair play to him  :bowdown
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:31 am

Thommo's perm » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:55 am wrote:The difference between blind faith and hope on one hand and knowledge and understanding on the other is massive. There were those who defended Hendo simply because he was captain of LFC and therefore should be accepted and respected as such. There were those who said that because Klopp had given in the armband we should trust that he knew what he was talking about and therefore Hendo was captain for a reason and should be above criticism.

That's a good post Thommo, I agree with everything. Criticism of Hendo was never without reason in the past, but the praise he is getting right now is also fully deserved. I thought the quality of the current team would eventually push him out of his starting place like it happened with Lallana or Lovren for example but quite the opposite happened for Hendo, he pushed on, gave it his all like he always does, and improved immensely both as a player and captain. He will go down in our history as the captain who lifted the first league title for us after 30 painful years, and I'm happy it was him, he fully deserved it. In fact, it's kind of poetic even, that it was him that lifted the long awaited title, as his struggle to becoming the player that he is today is no different than our struggle to winning our first league title after so many years.

All in all, he is a worthy successor of Steven Gerrard, I don't think there's a better compliment for him as a captain of Liverpool than that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:30 pm

I am really reluctant to criticise Henderson because of the role he has played in the last couple of season, but he has been a major influence in the negative results we have had recently. I know he's the captain and has been outstanding in the past especially in the battle to win the prem, but his slowness and negative play has been a part of the draws and losses this season. If you don't believe me, look back at his constant floating balls into the area and his sideways passing that has slowed down and frustrated our attacks. No wonder Klopp brought him off against villa and replaced him with the outstanding Thiago. The difference in the play wasn't surprising, but it was startling considering how direct our play was after the swap was made.
He constantly demands the ball off the likes of Trent and Robbo and then proceeds to give it away to the opposition. I am being a bit harsh I know, but the frustration of the last couple of months has been building with the results. I am not just blaming him by the way as there are a number of different factors, but the contrast of him last season to this season has annoyed me intensely.
Lets hope he works it out and gets back to where he was last year.
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:06 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:30 pm wrote:I am really reluctant to criticise Henderson because of the role he has played in the last couple of season, but he has been a major influence in the negative results we have had recently. I know he's the captain and has been outstanding in the past especially in the battle to win the prem, but his slowness and negative play has been a part of the draws and losses this season. If you don't believe me, look back at his constant floating balls into the area and his sideways passing that has slowed down and frustrated our attacks. No wonder Klopp brought him off against villa and replaced him with the outstanding Thiago. The difference in the play wasn't surprising, but it was startling considering how direct our play was after the swap was made.
He constantly demands the ball off the likes of Trent and Robbo and then proceeds to give it away to the opposition. I am being a bit harsh I know, but the frustration of the last couple of months has been building with the results. I am not just blaming him by the way as there are a number of different factors, but the contrast of him last season to this season has annoyed me intensely.
Lets hope he works it out and gets back to where he was last year.
:buttrock

Fair enough, I would say in his defense that he is tasked with protecting the CBs more now with our injuries, no doubt that will have an effect of his overall play.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:15 am

Really liking Hendo as a CB, he is leading from the back and it could be a good way to keep him in the team and play more creative players in midfield.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:14 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... oblem.html

So looks like another added to long term.. Things just get better and better for us. What a sh1t show this season is turning out to be.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:38 pm

Seems he'll join van Djik, Gomez and Matip in missing the rest of the season. Never seen a season like this injury wise.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:30 pm

He's out for the rest of the season and another victim of the bitters.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:51 pm

A huge miss for us :(
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:41 pm

FFS, he was just running as well, no one touched him, in fact initially it looked like he was going to be able to carry on. I thought he might be out for 3 or 4 weeks 6 at most but the rest of the season?
The only other time I can remember a situation as bad as this was when Souness was in charge and the likes of Fowler, Redknapp, McManaman, Marsh, Harkness etc etc all got their chance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:50 am

Liverpool skipper Jordan Henderson's 'future in doubt' as contract saga takes new twist

Jordan Henderson's Liverpool future is in doubt.

By MIKAEL MCKENZIE
PUBLISHED: 08:06, Mon, Jul 19, 2021 | UPDATED: 08:37, Mon, Jul 19, 2021

Liverpool skipper Jordan Henderson's contract extension talks are a 'complicated and sensitive situation', according to reports. The Premier League and Champions League winner's future is apparently causing a lot of uncertainty behind the scenes.

Henderson has two years remaining on his £140,000-a-week deal and talks had been opened over an extension.

However, the club's sporting director Michael Edwards has failed to make any progress as there are apparently bigger priorities at the club.

The Athletic report that Brazilian duo Alisson Fabinho will soon sign contract extensions.

Three key players; Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk, are also set to be offered lucrative new deals.

But Henderson, who turns 33 when his 2023 contract expires, may not.

Midfielder Gini Wijnaldum left Liverpool this summer after he was not offered the terms he wanted.

And Henderson could follow a similar path as his former Dutch team-mate.

The Athletic adds that Mauricio Pochettino could offer Henderson the opportunity to join him at Paris Saint-Germain.

The England international would also be open to linking up with Luis Suarez at Atletico Madrid.

Meanwhile, Liverpool have only made one signing this summer in the shape of centre-back Ibrahima Konate.

And Jamie Carragher has offered advice on where the Reds need to improve.

"Liverpool will certainly improve, there is no doubt about that," he told Sky Sports.

"As soon as you bring in three centre-backs who are already at the club, that will improve them massively.

"But we keep talking about centre-backs, Graeme [Souness] mentioned Van Dijk, the bigger problem for me is at the other end of the pitch. Liverpool have not had injuries there.

"More often than not, it is the same front three with Diogo Jota coming in. He is the only one of the front three that has been injured out of the attacking players.

"That is the bigger worry because I am sure that the defensive frailties that we have seen at times this season will be rectified by players coming back and Liverpool signing a player in the summer in that position."

I’m not sure about the validity of this story but Hendo is someone we will need to find a solution for. I think he will play less and less both through form and injury and VVD is captain material although in a different way to Henderson. He will want to play regularly and can help the team but at 31 it’s going to be hard especially the way we play so it might be right to do it sooner rather than later.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion