JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:11 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:49 am wrote:Sorry but his form has been superb for 18 months now - he was excellent when playing alongside Fabinho

Henderson hasn’t had a sudden upturn in form - it’s been there for ages - some just don’t want to admit they were wrong about him

I think he is a decent and solid midfielder and I think coaches will always love him as he follows instructions well and puts the team before himself. I also think he is NOT top draw or world class and does not have any “x factor” about him which our midfield could use. I go back to my point that when Fabinho plays in the middle and more creativity will be needed from him he will be wanting and you will hear more saying that his form has dropped. I don’t have an issue with Hendo at all and have no issues with him being the first Liverpool captain to lift the premier league trophy this summer.

I also think I’ve been very consistent with my assessment of him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:42 pm

kazza » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:11 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:49 am wrote:Sorry but his form has been superb for 18 months now - he was excellent when playing alongside Fabinho

Henderson hasn’t had a sudden upturn in form - it’s been there for ages - some just don’t want to admit they were wrong about him

I think he is a decent and solid midfielder and I think coaches will always love him as he follows instructions well and puts the team before himself. I also think he is NOT top draw or world class and does not have any “x factor” about him which our midfield could use. I go back to my point that when Fabinho plays in the middle and more creativity will be needed from him he will be wanting and you will hear more saying that his form has dropped. I don’t have an issue with Hendo at all and have no issues with him being the first Liverpool captain to lift the premier league trophy this summer.

Henderson played in the Number 8 role for half of the season and also for a good number of the season last year - his form has been solid for the last two season which is why the manager kept playing him - go and watch the Barce second leg and see how good he was in the 8 roles

As for creativity- he creates and does it very well -but again people just won’t see it.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:17 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Kazza, I don't want to be rude, but I thought all our fans had finally realised what a world-class, gem of a player Hendo really is, he's the first name on the team sheet in one of the very best teams any of us have ever seen. he follows instructions? Jeepers.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:26 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:11 am wrote:I've never seen a player want to win as much as Hendo. He's ultra fired up every game and he will run himself into the ground to make sure we get a result. It's no surprise to see him captain the current best team in the world.

He's so underrated.. I'd say its jealousy from rival fans, but what baffles me the most is OUR own fans pull him to pieces.

Im so happy for him and so proud of him captaining our club.

Especially at the end of last season, he was like a man possessed, reminded me of Gerard and Carra. That footage of him with his father almost had me bawling my eyes out, it was amazing. There was an interview with Lallana, his best mate, in which he was trying to convey the work Hendo put in (beyond all the other players) within the club as Captain, he couldn't say enough good things about him. All the talk of VVD as Captain has evaporated.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:36 am

Outstanding again last night -when Fabinho came on he was pushed forward into the 8 role and helped set up the goal
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:31 pm

Great game yesterday, captain's performance.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:46 am

Hendo I’m delighted to say has grown into the captains role and has become a real force to be reckoned with both as a captain and a player. Playing in a more attacking role certainly gives him more scope to display his unquestionable talent. It should not however be ignored that his job has become a lot easier due to the players he has around him. Let’s face it even Mignolet would have had a much easier job with our current defence !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:28 pm

Well Fabinho back today - Henderson back to 8 - scores one , sets up another

The man is getting close to being player of the season
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:38 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:28 pm wrote:

Well Fabinho back today - Henderson back to 8 - scores one , sets up another

The man is getting close to being player of the season

Personally I think the arrival of Fabinho has allowed Henderson a lot more freedom to play a more attacking role which he has done brilliantly. Today against Southampton was a perfect example of what he can contribute especially in the second half. Bit surprised with Kazza’s view. Hendo has always been a Marmite player and for understandable reasons. Just at the moment though I’m loving the stuff  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:13 pm

I’m not sure how it came out that I dont like Hendo, I just said he is not world class and he isn’t. I realize Fabinho is back but 1. Ox played for Mane so it seemed more a 442 that our typical 433 and 2. Fabinho is not up to speed yet and 3. I think his lack of creativity is more obvious when we play a deep defending team which Southampton was not one.

I said I hope he is the first captain to lift the PL and I value his industry and how he puts the team before anything else, I just hope when we think about his long term replacement we look for someone with more flair because our midfield could improve with it as long as we don't lose the industry.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:18 pm

What about Hendo doesn't make him world class? His distribution is excellent, his communication and leadership is excellent, and his drive and passion is next level.

Shearer said as of now Hendo is his player of the season.. And I have to agree with him.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:50 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:18 pm wrote:What about Hendo doesn't make him world class? His distribution is excellent, his communication and leadership is excellent, and his drive and passion is next level.

Shearer said as of now Hendo is his player of the season.. And I have to agree with him.

For me VVD, Allison and Firmino are all more vital than Hendo this year. Shearer will say that because he is English and to each his own.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:29 am

Kazza I don’t think anybody is suggesting that you don’t like Hendo. I certainly wasn’t. I was jus a little surprised at your assessment. When we nearly won the league under Brendan, Henderson played out of his skin and I still believe to this day that his sending off against City was one of the main reasons we didn’t go on to win the league. He was desperately missed during the last three matches of that season when everything went badly wrong. For me he is on another one of those runs and looking incredibly impressive.  As for world class I’m not so sure but if he maintained the current standard he is playing to over a sustained period then he would be very close. Consistency has always been my problem with Hendo.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:27 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:47 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:27 pm wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.sportbible.com/football/betting-top-10s-jordan-henderson-favourite-to-win-pfa-player-of-the-year-award-20200203.amp.html

Bottom line is how worried would you be if Hendo did not play and then ask yourself how worried you would be if VVD or Alisson did not play. He may be the best English player in the PL but he is not the best player in the PL. If he won however I’d be happy for him.

It is characters like Hendo, Milner, Firmino, Mane that will do anything for the team that make us the best team in the world!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion