JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 09, 2023 4:54 pm

He's been a great servant to the club BUT how many of the top six clubs would he now get into ? Probably none.
For me he's now no more than a decent back up in the squad.
Interesting times ahead this summer as we look to restructure or midfield AND choose the teams Captain for next season .
What are your thoughts lads ?  Virgil seems an obvious choice but do any of you have any off the wall alternatives ?

:lookaround    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Tue May 09, 2023 7:09 pm

I had originally thought that Virgil should be captain but I’m starting to rethink that, I feel he is a little too full of himself lately. I think if you want a true leader then Allison, can you be a good captain from the goalie position? I know it’s been done. I think Robbo has what it takes to be a good captain and being British helps with the refs. Salah could be a captain but I’d rather he focused on scoring, he is even tempered but maybe not vocal enough. Finally Trent, he is a future captain perhaps but maybe not quite ready for the responsibility.

My bet would be Klopp will make Virgil captain.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 10, 2023 1:00 am

Wouldn't mind seeing Ali get it tbh. Virg as Vc. After those 2 I'd be looking at Trent.

When Klopp came in he left things as they where and its still like that to this day so I highly doubt Hendo is losing out anytime soon.  Milner will go so my guess is Van Dijk will be officially VC.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed May 10, 2023 11:59 am

Most importantly you need a mature leader which rules out TAA and Robbo. I don't think Ali has sufficient ability to motivate from the box area so basically no one is left but VVD. Not sure Mo has the mental attitude to do the job.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 10, 2023 4:11 pm

Fook it, just give it to Mc Allister when he signs  :buttrock  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri May 12, 2023 12:14 pm

He thinks he still has a good few years at this level.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... ore-target
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Fri May 12, 2023 12:49 pm

He's not going anywhere with that wage. It was an asinine decision to sign him to that long term deal and the team will just have to suck it up for the next 2 years.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Fri May 12, 2023 6:25 pm

From now till his contract expiry he should not be in the starting XI barring injuries or a run in the league cup to give others a break. HIs lack of technical ability coupled with his loss of athleticism mean he offers a fraction of what is required in a Klopp team.

He has zero goals and 2 assists to his name this year and his pressing game has all but gone.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 13, 2023 2:47 pm

I think he's done at this level. If he's happy to be a hit part player, fine - but think he'd be better going somewhere he'd start weekly.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:59 pm

Looks like this is the end of Hendo's LFC journey.

BBC News - Jordan Henderson: Al-Ettifaq agree deal worth £12m plus add-ons for Liverpool midfielder
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66251589
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:20 pm

At least it's over now. Bit distasteful overall but it is what it is.  Never pegged him as a great anyway but never pegged him as being about the money either.

I see Mahrez is on the verge of moving now as well.  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:33 pm

I’m not sad that Hendo is moving on and I really don’t blame him, it’s the best deal he could get. Last year he never would have got that much and maybe next year the whole thing collapses and those deals won’t be around so he had to take it. I wouldn’t even call him greedy and only motivated by money, actually I’d question his intelligence if he didn’t take it. He won’t play much this year for Liverpool and this is his last big paycheck and considering it is ten time what he is making,that is 100 tax free million over three years, how could he not take it.

The figure is supposed to be 12 million plus add-ons. I hope those add-ons have nothing to do with winning trophies because that team is not going to be very strong, the four PIF teams are stacked. The warmer weather has a huge effect on your joints, so older players will appreciate that.

He was a great servant to the club, he was a model professional, he lifted all the trophies we won as a captain and I hope he is successful inSaudi Arabia.

I still haven’t decided whether this Saudi money is good for us or bad for us, I guess we will not be able to make that determination for a couple of years.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:23 pm

Was a good servant to the club and like kazza said lifted every trophy possible with us as our captain. He's not getting any younger though and at 33 it's logical that he went somewhere for a bigger paycheck to end his career (not that what he was earning at Liverpool wasn't ridiculous already but it is what it is). Best of luck to him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:36 am

Has been a good servant for the club BUT the club got saved from the asinine contract it signed.
140 k/week for 4 YEARS between 31-35 and he was showing signs of decline already. Thank fock for the saudis...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:48 am

I'm too long in the tooth to let anything that happens in football surprise me ,but apparently less so my own club ? I understand footballers wanting a last lucrative deal but to so nonchalantly pack up your morals and kick the legacy you've gained and the affinity with the fans you've built up throughout your time at the club to the bin ?

I suppose it could be viewed as strange that as Kopites we still put a modicum of trust in some players even though we've received numerous kicks to the grid throughout the years. I mean lets face facts here, it's practically non debatable that footballers are in truth little Uber Tories ,they have no concept of struggle ,financial instability and any public show of empathy they portray has probably come off the back of their PR team. and from an early age they're cosseted completely by the club and every aspect of life for a 'normal Joe' from bill paying to finding a home ,booking a holiday,medical expenses is dealt with. So with all that taken into account why do we care so much when the mask finally drops. It's not just Henderson its Gerrard ,Bobby ,Fabinho and Fowler who deemed the wages those in the Sh*t stained robes were willing to hand over would be enough to purchase their principles and drag a big @rse monster truck though their legacies.   

Football players swapping their football boots for f*cking Flip Flops shouldn't surprise me ,but f*ck me it doe when it's someone whose championed many causes  in Liverpool and sometimes been that charities figurehead.Henderson has slipped out the Anfield door with no goodbye ,no testimonial like the Sh*t house rat we Kopites now believe him to be. I'm also disgusted with the club even allowing themselves to be mentioned in the same sentence with that abhorrent and rancid sandpit.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion