>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:04 pm

Liverpool 99 points, United 66 points...not the same  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:13 pm

All over, what a season 99 points, slaughtered the league this season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:46 pm

Another good win in a great season, to back up last season’s 97 points with 99 this year has been a truly monumental achievement.
We’ve had some terrific players at this club over the last 30 years - Fowler, Owen, McManaman, Gerrard, Carragher, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez etc etc but none of them managed to do what this group of players have done.
30 years is a long, long time and given the fact that with every passing season the shirt got heavier and heavier it was always going to take a special manager and team to get the job done and bring the Holy Grail home.
Jurgen and the lads are literally legends in their own lifetime, all they will be doing from now on is adding to their legacy because they will be remembered forever at this club.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:22 pm

Agreed mate it has been a phenomenal season, we never thought we would see us bringing back home the title. All the lads are legends, well played to all of them. Jürgen has been superb, he is ranked now with the best at our club.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:29 pm

So United and Chelsea qualify for UCL and Villa survive.

This season teams aiming for UCl spot have been poor. Leicester completed fecked it up and how the heck did United finish 3rd is beyond me. The standard has been poor for majority of teams in the league.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:29 pm

Decent win in the end to wrap everything up and finish with an impressive haul of 99 points. Not to be sniffed at by any means.

Player of the year for me is Mane hands down. He has been excellent in 95% of matches played. A real warrior he is  :nod

Honestly I am a bit sick Manure made the CL  :nod and they only did it cos Leicester fell apart over the last few months. They never looked like they could get anything from that game today either  :down:

Bring on next season  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:38 pm

To be fair to Leicester they were missing key players like Madison, Chillwell and Ricardo, in fact they were missing 3 of their usual back 4 today, the big Turkish lad Soyuncu (sp?) was missing as well.
Agree about Sadio being our player of the year, he has been outstanding, for a flair player his work rate is phenomenal as well, very rarely do you see Robbo left on his own defending 2 on 1 situations.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:10 am

Yeah, good way to wrap up the season, and what a season it has been! Amazing to win the League Title after so long, but also the manner which we won it is important as well. Read a stat that we've taken 196 points from a possible 228 over the last two seasons, that's massively impressive.

But we shouldn't stop here. In the state that we are now we can be even greater, achieve even more. Get the boys a bit of rest, a month or so of pre-season, and then we go again next season!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:26 am

redshade » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:29 pm wrote:So United and Chelsea qualify for UCL and Villa survive.

This season teams aiming for UCl spot have been poor. Leicester completed fecked it up and how the heck did United finish 3rd is beyond me. The standard has been poor for majority of teams in the league.

First time ever a team gets CL football with only 18 wins, they were a poor team that managed to scrape through with a prem record of 14 penalties (so many of them soft) for the season. Maybe a good thing as they will give Ole more time and they will continue to be poor.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:37 am

Yup keeps Ole at the wheel lol.

It will be interesting to see who they sign, apparently their fan think Sancho is a possibility.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:01 am

Must have been a disappointing game for Klopp. He gave Minimino, Origi and Keita the chance to shine and they failed to penetrate or have any tangible impact on the game. What a difference when Mo, Bobby and Mane came on, real step up in purpose, confidence and impact. Finding space, creating chances that simply hadn't existed all game til then.

Klopp showed his frustration with a triple substitution very clearly showing what he thought. Thought the Ox had a good game, when he gets the ball he's skillful and full of purpose, I like the lad however keita, Origi and Minimino are Leicester standard, not LFC. Klopp needs to step into the market again for cover.

Great season, so good to finally win the league again..... Let's do it again lads.  Player of the season, player = Mane, overall contribution = Hendo.   :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:11 am

Reg » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:01 am wrote:Must have been a disappointing game for Klopp. He gave Minimino, Origi and Keita the chance to shine and they failed to penetrate or have any tangible impact on the game. What a difference when Mo, Bobby and Mane came on, real step up in purpose, confidence and impact. Finding space, creating chances that simply hadn't existed all game til then.

Klopp showed his frustration with a triple substitution very clearly showing what he thought. Thought the Ox had a good game, when he gets the ball he's skillful and full of purpose, I like the lad however keita, Origi and Minimino are Leicester standard, not LFC. Klopp needs to step into the market again for cover.

Great season, so good to finally win the league again..... Let's do it again lads.  Player of the season, player = Mane, overall contribution = Hendo.   :buttrock

That's the only thing that concerns me about next season, without our front three we are bereft of ideas and movement up front, we really should be looking for decent backup in attack.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:42 am

I think we deffo missed a trick not signing Pulisic, he would have been perfect to rotate with our front 3.  I can see him and Werner doing some real damage next season, heck, we’ve got the best defence in the division and were playing at Anfield yet he pretty much ran us ragged. He was only on 20 minutes as well. Imagine what he’ll do to some of the Prem’s lesser lights this upcoming campaign. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Chelsea have a similar season to us in 13/14, i.e blow a lot of teams away (including top teams), go very close but ultimately let down by keeper/defence.
Given we missed the boat on him (Pulisic) I’d like to see us go for someone like Traore, he’s no Pulisic but he does have the ability to come off the bench and cause havoc, what I like about him is that he can do it against the best teams as well, he’s not a flat track bully, he gives even the best defenders trouble.
We’ve got a lot of neat and tidy players on our bench but no one who can really come on and change a game, in fact a lot of the time unless we are bringing Mo or Sadio on when we make a sub nothing seems to happen, someone like Traore is a must for me.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:30 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:42 am wrote:I think we deffo missed a trick not signing Pulisic, he would have been perfect to rotate with our front 3.  I can see him and Werner doing some real damage next season, heck, we’ve got the best defence in the division and were playing at Anfield yet he pretty much ran us ragged. He was only on 20 minutes as well. Imagine what he’ll do to some of the Prem’s lesser lights this upcoming campaign. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Chelsea have a similar season to us in 13/14, i.e blow a lot of teams away (including top teams), go very close but ultimately let down by keeper/defence.
Given we missed the boat on him (Pulisic) I’d like to see us go for someone like Traore, he’s no Pulisic but he does have the ability to come off the bench and cause havoc, what I like about him is that he can do it against the best teams as well, he’s not a flat track bully, he gives even the best defenders trouble.
We’ve got a lot of neat and tidy players on our bench but no one who can really come on and change a game, in fact a lot of the time unless we are bringing Mo or Sadio on when we make a sub nothing seems to happen, someone like Traore is a must for me.

Completely agree with your comment on Pulisic, we should have gone "all in" to sign this fella, think he's really gonna light up the premiership next season.
As for Traore ? yeah as you say "he's no Pulisic" but I agree he'd be a more than valuable asset to the squad when things need changing up.

Always a bit disappointing when you see teams signing some tasty players and we just seem to be sitting on our laurels.

Maybe Jurgen is confident that the likes of Keita, Minamino and Curtis Jones will come through next season and provide us with the necessary reinforcement.

Personally I'm disappointed (and concerned) that a club of our stature isn't looking towards more than just "reinforcements" .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games