Liverpool vs newcastle

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:28 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of reaction Carroll will get.

More importantly for me though, I will be in England for the first time and will be in Liverpool at the time of this match.

Flying in from Australia is quite a distance, can you guys suggest the best way for an Aussie to get a ticket to this match? How hard is it buy tickets as a one-off when you don't have memberships or have gone to previous games?

If someone could guide me that would be a big help. I rang the club and they just palmed me off.

Cheers,

YNWA
Last edited by AussieKopite on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Unfortunately mate you have a cat in hells chance of a ticket. League games sell out weeks in advance as they offer tickets to season ticket holders, priority access members and regular members with previous ticket purchases before it goes on general sale.

If you are really lucky you could try ringing the ticket line or visiting the ticket gate directly a few days before the game to see if there are the odd single seats are available but in my experience there never is. If you are not a season ticket holder or priority access member you only realistically get a fair chance of tickets for cup competitions, and even then the games are subject to loyalty (i.e. you would need previous ticket stubs to apply for later rounds).

If all else fails i'm sure a tout would sell you tickets but you would be looking at near 4 times the face value.

Sorry.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks mate. I was hoping they might keep some aside for tourists but it may be that the best I can do is the stadium tour.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:16 pm

If you write to them and tell them your coming over from Australia to watch the game and lay it on thick you may be lucky and get a ticket
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tomjay » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:37 pm

doubt ull  be lucky enough mate, but if u wait outside after the game ill meet you and let you know how it went..lol
tomjay

Postby cptrios » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Are there not scalpers? In the States, if you go to your team's stadium before a game, you can usually find someone selling tickets at ridiculously inflated prices. But if you wait until after the game starts, they'll normally sell them to you for face value or less.
cptrios

Postby tomjay » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:25 pm

going to this one cant wait!!
tomjay

Postby tomjay » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Carrroll to score!!
tomjay

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:48 pm

Am on a stag in benidorm for this match  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Return to Liverpool FC - Games