Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:13 am

This is a good read if you have a spare 15 minutes  :D

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sport/footbal ... spartandhp
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:51 am

Penguins » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:47 pm wrote:
Cool Hand Luke » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:50 pm wrote:
Penguins » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:34 pm wrote:There is absolutely no rubbish about the truth....
Simple facts, nothing else.

You have actually presented no facts or figures whatsoever. All your comments are based on conjecture. If you actually read the clubs accounts and then put an argument forward with fact and figures people might take you seriously.

Anyway, this is the thread on our captain who is on a wonderful run of form and is quite rightly receiving plenty of praise from long term admirers and detractors (and everyone in between).

So we really have to go the kindergarten way do we?
How much money each club puts down on players is extremely easy to check out. It has been clearly reported that the club is spending less than (forget city and manure) Everton and Brighton during the owners entire tenure at the club.
Just disingenuous to even suggest that is not the case.
So the owners have invested have they? WHAT A JOKE!
They have made a ton of cash in the last couple of years from the CL. But I guess you need sources that clubs that go to the finals in the CL makes insane amounts of money.
WHERE IS THAT REINVESTMENT? it sure as hell isn't on players when Brighton has a higher net spend than us. Stadium? Oh, right the new stadium that never will be....
The club made over 250 MILLION in revenues from just competitions last season. Profits was over 125 million in 17/18. My guess is maybe even better last season.
I know where that money has gone and it sure isn't to the club...

Your stance is laughable and I suspect it’s from a place of not wanting to back down

First thing to remember is the owners model is for the club to run on its own merits. No shares or dividends are paid out and the owner money is only their director wages

1. We as a club since the owners have arrived have spent £700mil plus on players - three managers have been given more money than any other manager in the history of the club - does it matter if it’s more or less than other clubs - the manager with Edwards has used that money well to have us as the dominate team in the keague right now and prob Europe - yet your crying about “investment” - what players do you want the club to invest in ?

2. Stadium - the new stadium idea was removed when they did a study on it - so instead of building a new stadium they have decided to improve Anfield ( something that should have happened 20 plus years ago ) - first stage has been complete at a cost of £200 mil , second stage will be a bit more - by the end of the full expansion we will have a 80,000 seater stadium still at Anfield - do you want a new stadium and be like Spurs and Arsenal ?!

3. Training facilities- they have spent a good fortune changing the training facilities to bring it all together at Melwood - again more money spent from the owners

What owners do you want ?

Glaziers - leverage debt , more management decisions , very much closed off from the club

The rich oil barons - a club totally at the whim of one person , he steps away and the investment stops - look at what’s happened with Chelsea , thrown his toys out of the cot

So what do you expect the owners to be doing beyond making the club one of the most attractive in the world and the dominate team on the pitch

And btw the accounts show they have not taken a penny away from the club
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:46 pm

So we really have to go the kindergarten way do we?
How much money each club puts down on players is extremely easy to check out. It has been clearly reported that the club is spending less than (forget city and manure) Everton and Brighton during the owners entire tenure at the club.
Just disingenuous to even suggest that is not the case.
So the owners have invested have they? WHAT A JOKE!
They have made a ton of cash in the last couple of years from the CL. But I guess you need sources that clubs that go to the finals in the CL makes insane amounts of money.
WHERE IS THAT REINVESTMENT? it sure as hell isn't on players when Brighton has a higher net spend than us. Stadium? Oh, right the new stadium that never will be....
The club made over 250 MILLION in revenues from just competitions last season. Profits was over 125 million in 17/18. My guess is maybe even better last season.
I know where that money has gone and it sure isn't to the club...

:no  absolutely clueless
every Liverpool fan/supporter should give thanks to these owners and bless the they came to this club and saved us from the abyss...the transformation is astounding and should be the template for all clubs to follow
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:59 pm

Interview with Sir Martin Broughton
Sir Martin Broughton believes Liverpool could now be worth as much as two billion pounds.
And the former chairman puts that down to Fenway Sports Group, who he says have delivered on everything they promised when they bought the club.
Broughton was the man responsible for selling the Anfield club to John W. Henry 10 years ago following the disastrous reign of George N. Gillett, Jr. and Tom Hicks.
The Reds currently sit top of the table and are just six wins away from claiming their first league title in 30-years, but the situation is a far cry from the one Broughton inherited at Anfield.
At that moment, the club was disarray at boardroom level, while on the pitch, Liverpool endured one of their toughest Premier League campaigns to date, that would eventually see them finish the season in seventh and be dumped out of the Champions League at the group stages.
And Broughton, in an interview with the Telegraph, has opened up what the club was like when he arrived.
“I was taken by surprise by how holistically dysfunctional it was,” he said. “I knew of the problems between the owners, and the problem between the owners and the fans, and the owners and the manager, Rafa Benitez.
“I was not aware there were three groups - the owners, the board members and the manager. It was an unbelievable scene of people in warfare, pushing their agenda against each other.
“The owners had lost credibility - credibility with potential investors, with the banks and, of course, the fans.
“That is why so many walked away from the process, or chose not to get involved at all. There was scepticism as to whether I could deliver - whether Hicks and Gillett would approve anything.
“We only ever received two formal bids. That tells you the club was sold for its market price.”
But fast forward to now and the mood around Anfield is a lot different. Last year saw the Reds become world and European champions and as a result, Broughton feels the club could possibly be worth two billion pounds.
“It is certainly worth one billion,” he says. “At least that. Possibly two.”
While Broughton also believes that FSG have delivered on everything they promised when purchasing the club.
“The sense of achievement comes from the fact that Fenway turned out to be the people I thought they were,” the businessman added.
“You never really know. You make your assessment and think they are the right people to own a football club like Liverpool, but you have to see it. They have delivered everything they promised.”
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:53 pm

I think and more. I never thought we would become this good and so well run.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:07 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:26 pm

Thanks for sharing Kazza. If a £220 million reinvestment in players during one financial year isn’t sufficient evidence to prove that FSG are extremely determined owners and certainly not just interested in filling their own pockets then quite frankly I do not know what is. The club is in a truly great financial position and the future looks very exciting. It’s less than 10 years ago that we experienced the incredible failure of Hicks and Gillette. Unfortunately just recently United seem to be getting back on track to some extent  but it has to be remembered that the last time they won the title was in 2012/13. Football is a funny beast and I think you would’ve found it incredibly difficult at that time to find a Manchester United supporter that was prepared to agree that they wouldn’t win the title in the next 7/8 years. In fact most of them would’ve laughed in your face in exactly the same way as if somebody had said to me in 1989 Liverpool aren’t going to win the title for 30 years.......
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:17 pm

We are not run by an oil rich government or an eccentric billionaire who will lose interest. But what we do have is ownership who are running the club responsibly and trying to increase revenue so that there is more money to spend whether that be on transfers and wages or infrastructure projects (stadium expansion, training ground, etc). For all their good intentions, the Moores and Parry reign saw us fall behind off the pitch and as a result also on the pitch.

Below are the figures for last season from the Deloitte Football Money League report which will be there or thereabouts. This is a season when all 10 clubs had Champions League revenue. We are making good progress but some way to go before we’re in the same league as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man Utd and if we do get there it will be via increases in commercial revenue.

1 – Barcelona - £723m
2 - Real Madrid - £651m
3 - Manchester United - £612m
4 - Bayern Munich - £568m
5 - Paris Saint‑Germain - £546m
6 - Manchester City -£525m
7 – Liverpool - £520m
8 - Tottenham Hotspur - £448m
9 – Chelsea - £441m
10 – Juventus - £395m

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 28, 2020 12:18 am

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sport/footbal ... pute-over-£340million-broadcaster-rebate/ar-BB14Gche?ocid=spartandhp

All 20 clubs were officially informed on Wednesday of the £340million sum they face paying, according to the Guardian.
However, the figure is not split evenly between each club and Liverpool are leading a dispute against the current proposal.
Rather, because of how the rights terms are divided - 50 percent of money is divided equally with 25 percent awarded for live appearances and the other 25 percent dependent on league finishing position - the top six clubs face potentially paying back TREBLE the other 14 sides.

If we get more than the rest then its only fair we pay more back than what they do. I don't know why Werner has a problem with that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:20 am

Phillipe Coutinho's Liverpool return is fraught with danger, and FSG can clearly read the signs
The Brazilian represents value on the face of things, but there is a stark underlying reality which evidences why this isn't the case.
ByAndrew Beasley
08:00, 16 JUN 2020
LIVERPOOL FC NEWS
Philippe Coutinho is once again being linked with a sensational return to Liverpool. And given that there are many Kopites who would love to see the Brazilian back at Anfield, you can almost guarantee the rumours will continue until his future is officially decided. Coutinho’s talent is not in question, but there are countless hurdles which make his return to Anfield unlikely.

Jürgen Klopp has gone on record in the past saying he has no interest in working with former players. The manner in which Coutinho forced his exit from Liverpool will not have endeared him to the manager. But perhaps the most important issue, and the one which will surely ensure the deal doesn’t happen, is financial. And this doesn’t just apply to Coutinho, but also to the notion of loaning any player from one of Spain’s super clubs. Ousmane Dembele is another Barcelona star who is constantly linked with the Reds. But, like his Brazilian club-mate, his annual salary of around €12m would preclude him from a move to Merseyside.

This isn’t just about the club’s shifting finances as they look to deal with the impact of the coronavirus crisis either. Fenway Sports Group have never made any secret of their desire to run Liverpool as sensibly as they possibly can to ensure the club lives within its means. The latest review of football finance by Deloitte revealed that Liverpool’s wages-to-revenue ratio was a very healthy 58 per cent.

The report notes that 70 per cent is “the indicative warning threshold used by UEFA as part of its Financial Fair Play Regulations”, so the club are fine on that front. Indeed, adding €12m to their wage bill would still only put them at around 60 per cent on the wages-to-revenue scale, so there would be no immediate issue in one sense. But things aren’t that simple. It isn’t just about paying a new star, it’s about rewarding the existing squad fairly.

Liverpool could break their transfer strategy to sign a striker, and Roberto Firmino would be delighted
This would be especially true in the case of Coutinho. He forced his way out of Liverpool and the club have only become more and more successful since he left. The current squad would be firmly in their rights to demand more money if the Brazilian returned to Anfield and was being paid handsomely to boot.

FSG’s policy is to reward players with higher salaries once they have performed well and achieved things with the club. It’s not to hand out top-level wage packets from day one, and that has certainly paid dividends in recent years. And if they don’t dish out enormous salaries to permanent signings, they certainly wouldn’t do so for a player who is only at the club on loan. But let’s not overlook the fact that John W Henry is a businessman who made his fortune by exploiting weaknesses in the market.

Barcelona’s desperation to lower their wage bill may make them susceptible to a willing club only paying a relatively small percentage of a loan signing’s wages. Competition is a key part of business, though. And with Liverpool and Barca regularly competing at the business end of the Champions League, why should the Reds help the Catalan club out of their financial difficulties?

It has taken FSG a long time to get Liverpool to the point of being both financially viable and successful on the pitch. A costly new loan signing could upset both parts of that equation, and that’s why it’s hard to see a move for the likes of Coutinho or Dembele happening this summer
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:21 pm

Not going to happen. Remember that he's mentally weak and I think he'd bottle in front of the Kop if he didn't feel confident he was welcome back. Forget it, move on.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:59 pm

red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:45 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:17 pm wrote:We are not run by an oil rich government or an eccentric billionaire who will lose interest. But what we do have is ownership who are running the club responsibly and trying to increase revenue so that there is more money to spend whether that be on transfers and wages or infrastructure projects (stadium expansion, training ground, etc). For all their good intentions, the Moores and Parry reign saw us fall behind off the pitch and as a result also on the pitch.

Below are the figures for last season from the Deloitte Football Money League report which will be there or thereabouts. This is a season when all 10 clubs had Champions League revenue. We are making good progress but some way to go before we’re in the same league as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man Utd and if we do get there it will be via increases in commercial revenue.

1 – Barcelona - £723m
2 - Real Madrid - £651m
3 - Manchester United - £612m
4 - Bayern Munich - £568m
5 - Paris Saint‑Germain - £546m
6 - Manchester City -£525m
7 – Liverpool - £520m
8 - Tottenham Hotspur - £448m
9 – Chelsea - £441m
10 – Juventus - £395m

You're right about Barca, RM and Utd, the PSG and City positions are false as most of their commercial revenue comes from state owned companies subsidised by the owners. If you look at City there main sponsor is Etihad. It will be interesting this coming year as Etihad have been massively hurt by Covid just like all other airlines. There is no way they can afford the kind of money they pay city, they're already in trouble of FFP and questions would be asked if they come up with 100+ million.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:54 pm

FFP is rubbish and will be scrapped in the next few years or probably sooner when city make a mockery of it and have the ban overturned.

It hasn't levelled the playing field at all and has only served to protect the status quo of certain clubs in each league. This is supposed to stop clubs running up massive debts but yet the clubs with the biggest debts can still do what they want without question.

If they wanted to give this credibility then manure, real, Bayern and Barca should have been given a timeframe to reduce their debts but they weren't and owe just as much money now as they did 10 years ago when the rules were being brought in.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:43 am

LIVERPOOL FC - LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 19/20 - THANK YOU FSG !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext