Man City

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:16 pm

Mane was both pushed and kicked in that situation yesterday. It would have been a harsh penalty but the yellow card for diving was ridiculous.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:01 pm

Boocity wrote:We must be worrying Pep he is trying his mind games by calling Mane a diver

Too right we have him worried  :nod He is just drawing attention to it because we have them next and he's trying to influence referees. Fergie used to be a master at it.

damjan193 wrote:Mane was both pushed and kicked in that situation yesterday. It would have been a harsh penalty but the yellow card for diving was ridiculous.

Thought he was rightly booked for it as it was a dive. Personally I think he's at it quite a bit every match and as soon as he feels any sort of contact it ends up with him hitting the ground no matter how slight it was. Plenty of other players do it as well but sadly Mane is in that group who do and has to accept the odd yellow when he's caught out.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:56 pm

I’m not sure I agree. Strikers are normally the most skillful and generally the smallest players whereas the defenders are normally the least skillful and biggest on the field. When a big player kicks a smaller player, even if not enough to knock him down surely is enough to knock him off his stride, unbalance him and weaken his position whether he dives theatrically or not...Contact is contact! Mane was kicked and went down theatrically. A penalty might have been harsh but so was the yellow for diving. Bottom line is if the defender did not kick his foot none of that would have happened so not sure how Mane becomes the villain.

I remember Coutinho staying on his feet after a kick and we said he should have gone down, a few weeks later he went down and most said he went down too easily. Also sometimes players dive to avoid contact (which seems perfectly natural to me) and they get booked for diving, so you would just hope that referees can tell the difference but usually they don’t. To me diving is when there is no contact, the player Goes down theatrically and tries to con the referee. If VAR cannot tell the difference between contact and no contact then what is the point.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Sorry RTID you’re sounding more like the whinging City supporters than a Red which I know you are !! I think Kazza sums the Mané situation up very well and I’m in full agreement with his analysis. Personally I think Sadio got a yellow for being overly theatrical but there is no doubt that he was kicked. The problem is if you don’t go down you will never get a penalty. It has become part of the game and let’s face it that little runt Sterling went down like a ton of of bricks demanding a penalty when Mané hardly touched him !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:07 am

I see Sterling has been pulled from the England team on Thursday after another run in with Gomez at the England training camp
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Boocity » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:07 am wrote:I see Sterling has been pulled from the England team on Thursday after another run in with Gomez at the England training camp

Yeah, apparently it kicked off in the canteen !   :laugh:  (was joe winding him up ?  :D )

Sterling is far too full of himself, happy to see Southgate give him a smack on the wrist by dropping him, would've been happier if the ***** had been dismissed from the camp and sent home.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:59 pm

Can't help but wondering...
Why have we a Man City thread on a Liverpool supporters forum?
I'd rather not give them any oxygen by ranting on about them.
Just an opinion...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:28 am

Probably right but since it is here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7682367/Manchester-City-make-formal-complaint-referee-Michael-Oliver.html

I remember last year during their 14 match unbeaten run there were three or four matches where they got very favorable referee decisions that ended up winning the premier for them. Had you asked Guardiola at the time he would have said something along the lines of these decisions even out over the course of a season etc.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:02 am

It's been blown out of all proportion.  City fans haven’t been this wound up since they were Chelsea fans
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:39 am

Reg » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:02 am wrote:It's been blown out of all proportion.  City fans haven’t been this wound up since they were Chelsea fans

when we win the league this season they'll all be Liverpool fans  :help
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:36 pm

They have some right scum in their ranks of fans.

Awful self entitled bunch, who were happy with their oil-funded club buying the league and breaking the rules along the way.

Now they've stopped winning, their dickish fans claim the world is against them and spout conspiracy theories to try and back it up.

Delusion of the highest order. Apparently things were very bad at the manure game with their own players getting abuse. How long until they turn on Pep?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:12 am

Banned from europe for 2 seasons...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:01 am

It is obvious what they were doing, Etihad for instance have been in financial trouble for quite a while there has been lots of talk about them merging with Emirates and there is no way they could afford the sort of money they have been throwing at Man City.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:15 pm

#taintedtitles is trending on social media. Dirty cheating Mancs. Pep will leave in the summer
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:18 pm

the chickens have well and truly come home to roost  :devil:  :nod The last ten years have caught up with them, while we're reaping the rewards of using that time to build solid foundations.
Franky000

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion