NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:10 pm

Penguins » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:04 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:40 pm wrote:
Penguins » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:33 pm wrote:No, but think of OX and Brewster(a player with 0 PL exp) and it's like new signings.
Keep spouting this garbage from up top and soon it will be treated like gospel...

What are you talking about ? What does that have to do with the owners

Cause I don't believe for a second that Klopp puts out the same garbage line every time he is interviewed and is 100% believing what he is saying.
It feels like a rehearsed answer like the answer where he spouts that we can't spend like City. All excuses that for me comes from the TOP of the organisation.

Why is it an “excuse” ?

Klopp has always rated Brewster- worked hard to ensure he didn’t leave the club and Ox was out for a whole season so regardless of any token sayings they will both be an added bonus into the squad that we didn’t have last season
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Ok, so you don't see it as a tiny bit cringeworthy?
Cause every other manager that spouts such things comes as an excuse for me.

"look, we don't need to strenthen our squad at all". "We got these teenagers coming in and players that are EXTREMELY injury prone(and never played a full season)
that makes new singings unnecessary."
"Oh, btw, we are fighting on all front this season, aiming for the league and the CL".

Load of bleep bleep....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:51 pm

Penguins » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:43 pm wrote:Ok, so you don't see it as a tiny bit cringeworthy?
Cause every other manager that spouts such things comes as an excuse for me.

"look, we don't need to strenthen our squad at all". "We got these teenagers coming in and players that are EXTREMELY injury prone(and never played a full season)
that makes new singings unnecessary."
"Oh, btw, we are fighting on all front this season, aiming for the league and the CL".

Load of bleep bleep....

I expect it’s down to the fact it’s constant media coverage these days and there is only so many times a question can be asked - he gave his answer weeks ago yet still keeps being asked the same question. The sooner the season starts the better and the sooner the window closes the better then he can just concentrate on the football without the nonsense
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:57 pm

The yanks have hit the jackpot here, Jurgen's agent said on German tv the other week that any club wanting to poach him would have a right job on their hands not just because of his legendary status after the CL win but because he'd taken the value of the club from 300m to 2bn (iirc he might have even said 2.3bn, can't remember the exact figures now but it was along those lines). It was the same interview where he mentioned Jurgen would like to manage the German national team one day.
As others have mentioned Jurgen's reign coincided with a rise in tv money which saw clubs like Burnley and Huddersfield over take traditional giants like Benfica and Ajax, prem clubs are rolling in it and a prem club that gets to back to back CL finals must be really rolling in it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:57 pm wrote:The yanks have hit the jackpot here, Jurgen's agent said on German tv the other week that any club wanting to poach him would have a right job on their hands not just because of his legendary status after the CL win but because he'd taken the value of the club from 300m to 2bn (iirc he might have even said 2.3bn, can't remember the exact figures now but it was along those lines). It was the same interview where he mentioned Jurgen would like to manage the German national team one day.
As others have mentioned Jurgen's reign coincided with a rise in tv money which saw clubs like Burnley and Huddersfield over take traditional giants like Benfica and Ajax, prem clubs are rolling in it and a prem club that gets to back to back CL finals must be really rolling in it.

“the yanks” - I guess you mean our owners who have helped take the club from the edge of administration and bankruptcy to financial security and the ability to expand further
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:09 am

Bloody hell lads I kept off this depressing fkg forum for most of the summer and when I do decide to have a look it is whinge central. Ffs can't some of you actually remember what we achieved last season and have some trust in Kloppo and the owners. The way some of you have reacted to the transfer window is pathetic. At least let the season get under way before you start throwing your dummies !!

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE !!!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:25 am

devaney » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:09 am wrote:Bloody hell lads I kept off this depressing fkg forum for most of the summer and when I do decide to have a look it is whinge central. Ffs can't some of you actually remember what we achieved last season and have some trust in Kloppo and the owners. The way some of you have reacted to the transfer window is pathetic. At least let the season get under way before you start throwing your dummies !!

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE !!!!!!

Correct and some would have painted themselves into a corner and secretly may not want us to do well so they can say “ see I told you” and will put any success we may have as being lucky. Going to be interesting to see who those people are as soon as we have a moment. Bottom line is it is what it is, the window is shut and we move on and support our team.

Start strong against Norwich and win the Super Cup against the plastics  :buttrock

Champions of Europe

Walk On!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:57 am

Is the whole idea of an internet forum not so fans can post their opinion about matters related to the club and team ?.

There is a few on here who seem to take offence to that idea when it doesnt align with their own opinion.

So what if someone posts a negative opinion. He gets called a whinger but are ye not whinging in response :nod .

Lambasting and shaming people off the boards because of a different opinion is sad and makes me think that some of you are incapable of functioning away from a keyboard and lack the social skills required to be in society.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:48 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:57 am wrote:
Lambasting and shaming people off the boards because of a different opinion is sad and makes me think that some of you are incapable of functioning away from a keyboard and lack the social skills required to be in society.

That made me chuckle  :laugh:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:44 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:28 pm

Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:14 am

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... nWgcKVKvEQ

On the verge of a record breaking kit deal with Nike
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:08 am

It's all blah blah mate until it's confirmed.

On another note, I see LFC are going to let the planning permission expire next month on the Annie Road plans for an extra 4,000 seats taking us to 58,500 and resubmit plans for 60,000+.It's an old story that keeps going round and round but I'd love to see Anfield at 60+....   then a couple of tweeks to the Kop and we're at 70...!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:34 am

Reg » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:08 am wrote:It's all blah blah mate until it's confirmed.

On another note, I see LFC are going to let the planning permission expire next month on the Annie Road plans for an extra 4,000 seats taking us to 58,500 and resubmit plans for 60,000+.It's an old story that keeps going round and round but I'd love to see Anfield at 60+....   then a couple of tweeks to the Kop and we're at 70...!

Yes it looks like the club have completely shelved the plans that would have added 4000 seats and instead are looking at something that would add 6000-8000. I'd imagine the work would start next season once the training ground is complete and we'd be looking at it opening in time for the 22/23 season. If it does go through you have to be impressed with the diplomacy skills of the club considering all the objections of local residents and local councillors. Not sure about the King Kenny stand and the Kop though as I'd imagine there would be even greater practical obstacles (houses and main road) and even bigger objections from the locals.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:42 am

kazza » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:14 am wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-verge-bumper-nike-kit-18987119?fbclid=IwAR1VC1sUGfjabS2KRJXW7pBmlB5po4SifAsB3PvId5ammI05vnWgcKVKvEQ

On the verge of a record breaking kit deal with Nike

An extra 30mil a year would be very handy. I'd imagine it would mainly go on the payroll (575K a week). Would allow us to give pay rises to the likes of VVD and Alisson and also have room to have another big player on our books.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion