NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:05 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:32 pm wrote:Seems like they're just using the club to make as much money as they can and then sell for 4 x more than what they bought it for.

To be fair, if they wanted to do they would have done it long time ago mate... LFC is not an easy club to run, to have success with. It has massive history and with it the expectations from fans, sometimes unrealistic...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:33 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:10 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:32 am wrote:Seems like they're just using the club to make as much money as they can and then sell for 4 x more than what they bought it for.

Why didn’t the sell up when they were offered a billion for the club from a Chinese multi billionaire

They may end up selling at one stage but it’s not their aim

At this current time with all the sponsors, the low net spend, all the TV Money, the money from the league position and winning the UCL.. They are raking it in.

They must be making at least £200m profit every year.. And with that the clubs valuation keeps rising, they would be mad to sell.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:38 am

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:33 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:32 am wrote:Seems like they're just using the club to make as much money as they can and then sell for 4 x more than what they bought it for.

Why didn’t the sell up when they were offered a billion for the club from a Chinese multi billionaire

At this current time with all the sponsors, the low net spend, all the TV Money, the money from the league position and winning the UCL.. They are raking it in.

They must be making at least £200m profit every year.. And with that the clubs valuation keeps rising, they would be mad to sell.

How are they “raking” it in when they take no money out of the club and every penny earned goes back into the club
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:12 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:33 am wrote:

That's the most ill informed and fact-free statement I've heard on this forum for a while. And that's saying something.

As it stands, FSG will only make any money from the club when they actually sell it. Unlike the Glazers and Kroenke, they have never taken a penny out of the club.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:29 pm

I've heard what they've been saying about all the money goes back into the club.. But all the money we've made over the last 3 years has not been invested back into the club.

It might be a case of if Klopp wants the money to spend on a player then it's there..

We've just signed Adrian from West ham on a free.. We are champions league winners and we've bought a 17 year old, a 16 year old, and a keeper on a free.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:33 pm

No, but think of OX and Brewster(a player with 0 PL exp) and it's like new signings.
Keep spouting this garbage from up top and soon it will be treated like gospel...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:36 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:29 pm wrote:I've heard what they've been saying about all the money goes back into the club.. But all the money we've made over the last 3 years has not been invested back into the club.

It might be a case of if Klopp wants the money to spend on a player then it's there..

We've just signed Adrian from West ham on a free.. We are champions league winners and we've bought a 17 year old, a 16 year old, and a keeper on a free.

Forgot about what you've heard. Just go and look at the accounts on companies house.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:39 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:29 pm wrote:I've heard what they've been saying about all the money goes back into the club.. But all the money we've made over the last 3 years has not been invested back into the club.

How much money do you think we have made then ?

The accounts get published and the owners don’t take out a penny - we have spent a small fortune over the last couple of years in both new players plus millions in new contracts

If you think they are making a profit and keeping it then provide the proof instead of posting lies
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:40 pm

Penguins » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:33 pm wrote:No, but think of OX and Brewster(a player with 0 PL exp) and it's like new signings.
Keep spouting this garbage from up top and soon it will be treated like gospel...

What are you talking about ? What does that have to do with the owners
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:45 pm

In February we finished with a £125m profit a record for the club which was mainly down to us reaching the previous years UCL final.. That's counting all outgoings of the club.

Since then we've not spent a penny on the squad..infact we've sold players and got high wages off of our wage bill.

This year we have performed beyond expectations and won the UCL, finished 2nd in the league and also had another couple of sponsors added to the club.

We were the highest earners in the whole EPL with £152m.

Call me paranoid but all that money has NOT been invested into the club.. And don't expect any signings in January because that's not Klopps style.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:48 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:45 pm wrote:In February we finished with a £125m profit a record for the club which was mainly down to us reaching the previous years UCL final.. That's counting all outgoings of the club.

Since then we've not spent a penny on the squad..infact we've sold players and got high wages off of our wage bill.

This year we have performed beyond expectations and won the UCL, finished 2nd in the league and also had another couple of sponsors added to the club.

We were the highest earners in the whole EPL with £152m.

Call me paranoid but all that money has NOT been invested into the club.. And don't expect any signings in January because that's not Klopps style.

That was the profit before we bought Alisson plus others in the summer , plus new contracts for many others as well.

As been said the accounts are published - it’s not hidden and no money has ever been paid out to the owners beyond loan repayments for the stand build.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.live ... -statement

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.live ... 798932.amp

Although the latest accounts show a huge profit, the money has already been reinvested into Jurgen Klopp's squad by owners Fenway Sports Group, who don't take money out of the club.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:53 pm

Whatever profit the club makes a percentage of that will go towards recruitment.

I am not saying we are being fleeced by them but i think its wrong to say they havent taken a penny out. They are all named directors so will be picking up a salary and associated expenses with it.

The big problem for us i would think is the wage bill and the reported cost of it. It includes player that aren't here anymore. We arent tackling the problem of players leaving for free either. We sign a lad for 5 years but place a sell on value at the end and if he walks then that fee is a loss that the club absorbs. We dont own the player so why place a fee at the end of his contract  that we arent entitled to.

Imo know one knows where the money at the club goes because of the way we do things and its set up just for that purpose. Its just accounting trickery.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:02 pm

I agree that most of the money that we have received in transfers out are back invested into the club to then buy players.. Infact we have a net spend of like - £40m since Klopp joined which is still really low for a team competing for the top 4 every year.

The £125m was profit including all the players going out and all the players coming in.

Where you reckon the £200m from the UCL, the £152m from the league finish and TV rights, The sponsorship money from BetVictor and MGM motors, the exclusive EA Sports deal they've done with fifa..

Is all that money going on wages? On agent fees?

Like I've said previously.. If we'd have got knocked out to Napoli in the UCL would we been bankrupt?
Were we relying on winning the UCL?

I think FSG have done a fantastic job here don't get me wrong.. But we have the chance of going to the next level with abit of investment and I feel like we're letting the opportunity slip away again.
Last edited by UvS xR4GEx on Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:04 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:40 pm wrote:
Penguins » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:33 pm wrote:No, but think of OX and Brewster(a player with 0 PL exp) and it's like new signings.

What are you talking about ? What does that have to do with the owners

Cause I don't believe for a second that Klopp puts out the same garbage line every time he is interviewed and is 100% believing what he is saying.
It feels like a rehearsed answer like the answer where he spouts that we can't spend like City. All excuses that for me comes from the TOP of the organisation.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:08 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:02 pm wrote:I agree that most of the money that we have received in transfers out are back invested into the club to then buy players.. Infact we have a net spend of like - £40m since Klopp joined which is still really low for a team competing for the top 4 every year.

The £125m was profit including all the players going out and all the players coming in.

Where you reckon the £200m from the UCL, the £152m from the league finish and TV rights, The sponsorship money from BetVictor and MGM motors, the exclusive EA Sports deal they've done with fifa..

Is all that money going on wages? On agent fees?

Like I've said previously.. If we'd have got knocked out to Napoli in the UCL would we been bankrupt?
Where we relying on winning the UCL?

I think FSG have done a fantastic job here don't get me wrong.. But we have the chance of going to the next level with abit of investment and I feel like we're letting the opportunity slip away again.

I believe you need to read the report a bit more clearly - the £125 mil profit was not before player sales etc

This years reports haven’t been published as yet

And you don’t always need to spend spend spend to move forward , we can win the title and CL again with the squad we have right now.

Any team/club will always prefer to improve by coaching and bringing through players.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion