NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:10 am

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... KODtwzZFCY

Liverpool will record the second-highest points tally in their Premier League history this coming season - but it won't be enough to pip Manchester City to the title.

That's how I fear it could be, we're in the hunt but we're niot trying to take on City, we're top of the rest, not slugging it out directly.  :kungfu:

In the meantime the 5 year cycle is ticking......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:58 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:00 pm wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if we finished outside the top 4 tbh, none of our front 3 are going to have a pre season of note, infact Sadio is not going to have a pre-season at all, it will be a minor miracle if they get through to next May without picking up an injury or suffering a major loss of form. They are going to be out on their feet come the New Year and let's face it without them we look very ordinary.

I think it is a stretch to say we will not make top four when we were miles ahead of everyone except City last year and we have not lost any players, on the contrary we have younger team that will get better. Players like both full backs, Keita, Salah, Mane are all still improving physically and have yet to reach their prime. We may not beat City to the title but we should comfortably make the CL spots.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:42 pm

Have you lot ever seen players who don't have a proper pre-season? They usually fall into 2 categories, the first is they look okay for a few months but then hit a wall and look like they are running in treacle, the second group look off the pace from the start and never get out of second gear all season.
Pre-season's are vitally important, why do you think clubs go through all the rigmarole of having them? Playing week in week out, often twice a week, for 9 solid months is incredibly arduous, the new season starts in 2 weeks, it won't end until the beginning of next summer and this one hasn't ended yet.
Jurgen is concerned, you can see it in his interviews, where last year he was relaxed this year he's irascible and constantly going on about how short this pre season has been and how ridiculous it is that 6 of our first teasers have missed out on it. He wrote a big article in the Echo last Saturday about how big a role Divock has to play this season, he knows how tough this season is going to be.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:38 pm

Sorry but anyone who suggests we will miss out on top 4 is having a laugh

The season is still over two weeks away - all players bar one are back and training

You have written the team off before the season has even started - it’s pathetic
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:54 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:38 pm wrote:Sorry but anyone who suggests we will miss out on top 4 is having a laugh

The season is still over two weeks away - all players bar one are back and training

You have written the team off before the season has even started - it’s pathetic

Yakka is a good poster, but he's been overreacting for a while IMO (sorry yakka, just my opinion). However, he does have a point about our players' fatigue, especially the forwards. Surely even you can't disagree that they've played too many games over the past 2 seasons and with having little to no pre-season and very little time off, they're very likely to get injured or burn out very early. Hell, there's a good chance some of them won't even get out of first gear for the entire season! This won't be a problem if we signed just one quality forward for rotation, but the fact that it's very likely that we won't be signing anyone in this window is slightly worrisome.

And no, Origi, Brewster etc. are not the answer.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:06 pm

Err, I didn't say we would finish outside the four I said it wouldn't surprise me if we did, and it wouldn't.
We are over reliant on our front 3 and if anything went wrong with one of them we'd be in deep shyte. Given the amount of football they have played over the last 2 years and the fact they haven't had a proper pre season the potential is there for it to go wrong. That's all I'm saying the potential is there, and it is.
We have a tendency to look leggy in the final few months of a season anyway because we run more than most, having a shortened pre season and in some cases no pre season at all is certainly not ideal for a team with an all action style.
As I said the season is long, 9 months is a long time.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:00 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:38 pm wrote:Sorry but anyone who suggests we will miss out on top 4 is having a laugh

By all means express you opinion about the team. it's performance and it's prospects

BUT !

Your constant denigrating of other members input whose opinion doesn't align with your's is becoming tiresome.

You make many points that deserve valid discussion , it's unfortunate that your posts always have a "tag line" that suggests anyone who disagrees with you is an "idiot" .

My advice ?  Wind your neck in or start planning what your next name will be when you attempt to rejoin the forum  !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:02 pm

Quick heads up - tonight's game starts at 6, I thought it kicked off later than that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:47 pm

damjan193 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:54 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:38 pm wrote:Sorry but anyone who suggests we will miss out on top 4 is having a laugh

Yakka is a good poster, but he's been overreacting for a while IMO (sorry yakka, just my opinion). However, he does have a point about our players' fatigue, especially the forwards. Surely even you can't disagree that they've played too many games over the past 2 seasons and with having little to no pre-season and very little time off, they're very likely to get injured or burn out very early. Hell, there's a good chance some of them won't even get out of first gear for the entire season! This won't be a problem if we signed just one quality forward for rotation, but the fact that it's very likely that we won't be signing anyone in this window is slightly worrisome.

And no, Origi, Brewster etc. are not the answer.

How long was Firmino out for during the end of the season ? 6 weeks ? We got by , then Mo out for a little bit - we managed to beat Barce and others when both were out and Origi and Shaqiri filled the gap

Origi is clearly not being given the credit he deserves for his input second half of the season - he was key and surround him with one or two of the others and we will be fine - that’s already been shown. We are stronger than last season. Have people really forgotten how good the team is ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:06 pm wrote:Err, I didn't say we would finish outside the four I said it wouldn't surprise me if we did, and it wouldn't.
We are over reliant on our front 3 and if anything went wrong with one of them we'd be in deep shyte. Given the amount of football they have played over the last 2 years and the fact they haven't had a proper pre season the potential is there for it to go wrong. That's all I'm saying the potential is there, and it is.
We have a tendency to look leggy in the final few months of a season anyway because we run more than most, having a shortened pre season and in some cases no pre season at all is certainly not ideal for a team with an all action style.

Last season we wrote our chances off because of the midfield - proved you wrong

You have already stated that City will win the league and now going on about finishing outside the top 4

You do realise how good we are as a team don’t you ? Champions League winners - beaten just once in the league and missing out by 1 point to apparently the best Prem team ever. The team hasn’t got weaker it’s still strong and been boosted by some talented youngsters - no one is going mad in the transfer market because it’s stale
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:31 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:50 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:06 pm wrote:Err, I didn't say we would finish outside the four I said it wouldn't surprise me if we did, and it wouldn't.

You have already stated that City will win the league and now going on about finishing outside the top 4

You do realise how good we are as a team don’t you ? Champions League winners - beaten just once in the league and missing out by 1 point to apparently the best Prem team ever. The team hasn’t got weaker it’s still strong and been boosted by some talented youngsters - no one is going mad in the transfer market because it’s stale

You like your straw man arguments don't you?
What I said was a midfield of Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum isn't good enough to win the league, I said it at the beginning of last season when Klopp left the likes of Fabinho and Keita on the sidelines. I stand by that statement and the day those 3 play week in week out in a title winning side you can have a go at me then.
Btw whats wrong with thinking City will win the title? I didn't say I want them to win the title, I said I think they will win the title which is what the bookies and the vast majority of people think.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:17 pm

Reg » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:10 am wrote:https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-premier-league-manchester-united-16670800?fbclid=IwAR3kPBOq00_GzCqXndvElVQlSquTt8fcNBTTh4-CT1uUgnojeKODtwzZFCY

That's how I fear it could be, we're in the hunt but we're niot trying to take on City, we're top of the rest, not slugging it out directly. .

Yeah agree Reg.

We ran the legs off City last season and they had to be at their very best to win it in the end. They had to dig real deep but still decided to improve their team this window whereas were doing our own thing for some excuse or another.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:20 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:31 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:50 pm wrote:

You like your straw man arguments don't you?
What I said was a midfield of Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum isn't good enough to win the league, I said it at the beginning of last season when Klopp left the likes of Fabinho and Keita on the sidelines. I stand by that statement and the day those 3 play week in week out in a title winning side you can have a go at me then.
Btw whats wrong with thinking City will win the title? I didn't say I want them to win the title, I said I think they will win the title which is what the bookies and the vast majority of people think.

City have been the side to beat for the last few years and its the same again this year.  You would have to be daft to think otherwise.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:36 am

Seems like Spudz regret not spending last year as we overtook them as a result.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... g-16670416

They are a decent side and will be in the hunt for 2nd I reckon. If they do manage to finish above us next May I will crack up  :laugh: Their fans annoy the shyte out of me because their only ambition is to finish above us.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:41 pm

What does folks think about the clubs attempts at trademarking the word Liverpool ?. They also tried to patent 6 times and Allez Allez Allez  :laugh: .

The club says its to protect themselves from being ripped off by unofficial products but its just greed imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion