All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red Rum » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:03 am

Getting the manager to stay for 7 years will in itself be an achievement.

Who next after Klopp I wonder!? Dare I say... Stevie G!
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Klopp has broken the record set by King Kenny, by reaching 300 points in the least amount of games (146) as Liverpool manager. :buttrock  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:54 am

I don't understand  why there has been so much focus on Klopp taking a year off, it's beginning to sound like he doesn't want to sign a new contract.

Why is Klopp pushing the agenda, does he want out in 2022 or... what? That's all it can be surely?
He's not playing silly buggers with the owners to get his own way as Rafa used to is he?

I don't get it, these discussions should only come to light in the last year of his contract, why now?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:46 pm

The club want to offer him a new deal and he's probably asked at every interview if he will sign it or not.

He has spent 7 years at Mainz, 7 years at Dortmund and in 2022 it will be 7 years here. He has never made this a secret and has been open about it since he came here so imo he will leave us after that contract runs out. That's obviously the way he works and we should respect that.

I doubt he is playing the owners but he has to know that he will lose some of his stars next season in order to fund new arrivals and that might irk him a bit. Despite what he says I don't think he was happy not signing anyone this year.

Anyway lets hope within the next 3 years we win the league because he is our best chance of making that happen.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:34 pm

A non-story....Klopp's been asked if he'll ever take a break after LFC and he's said yes. I've no concerns about Klopp leaving before the 3 years are up, and if we're super successful then he'll stay on.

That said, the club needs to plan for the future and put a system in place that will have a replacement ready to step in from the existing coaching team. That's how we did things in the past and that's how we should do things in the future.  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:10 am

Trouble is these days its Klopps coaching team not LFC's - if he goes they all go.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:04 am

The value of the club has risen significantly since Klopp came, the owners could pay him 100 million a year and it will still be value to the club, so let us wait and see. I do think that he is honest and if he leaves, he will leave us with a healthy team moving forward. I do remember that Dortmund did not do well the year he left though.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:35 am

I think Klopp will stay for however long he is able to produce results and for however long he doesn’t start feeling burnt out. My guess is that will be for the duration of his contract which is 2 more seasons after this one. Maybe even another year or two beyond that if things are still going well and he feels like he still has things he wants to achieve. If he stays for the duration of his contract, then that’s 6 and half seasons he would have been in charge which is quite a long time in the modern era. One thing is for sure, the club are going to have one hell of job replacing Klopp. I’m so glad he’s our manager.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:55 pm

Reg » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:10 am wrote:Trouble is these days its Klopps coaching team not LFC's - if he goes they all go.

Then the club has two years to change that.  :;):
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:37 pm

He has just won the best FIFA mens coach award for 2019  :buttrock Absolutely deserved it  :nod

Allison has also won the best keeper award and also named in the best team alongside Van Dijk. Messi won best player award again  :lookaround
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:31 pm

Farce that Messi won, he's old generation, VVD was the worthy winner as well as young, new generation.

Read this morning that both Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane voted for Messi..... biggoted tw@ts.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:07 pm

He did score 50 goals last season though. I'd say it was 50-50 between him and VVD, can't say that either didn't deserve it.

I was more bemused by the amount of Real Madrid players that made it into the best XI, the likes of Marcelo and Ramos should have been no where near the best team, definitely not after the season that Robbo and Trent had.

Best XI should have been:

Alisson

Trent         de Ligt       VVD       Robbo

de Jong
              B.Silva             Hazard

Messi      Ronaldo      Mbappe
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:51 pm

I cant criticise the results but we are using all our luck to get them.
I question the team selection and the substitutions
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:10 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:14 am

No mention about our manager winning manager of the month 2nd time in a row?

Lets celebrate the manager a little bit. He has been great since beginning of last season when he essentially transformed the team.

On a side note, where will you rank Klopp among the all time greats when he wins the league?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion